Dawnstar's (Long Overdue) Pre-Codex Odd Jobs

Four-and-a-half years ago during ETL VII I was possessed by some rogue spirit of productivity and managed to knock out 4,000 points of T'au in three months ... and I've barely painted anything since, let alone with real consistency. I still had a fair amount of models left to do at the end of that run, some of them already part underway, but they've all been lying around for the last couple of years just waiting for the stars to align. I wouldn't say now is that time, but I'd certainly like to get all that stuff sorted and prove to myself that I can stick to a painting project again.

So I'm challenging myself, as a no-stakes vow, to get through these thirteen Crisis Suits* to my tabletop standard before the new Codex drops - the public release, not the limited edition with the Kroot. Not for any particular reason (I don't actively play the game) but just for the sake of an arbitrary deadline. Maybe I'll get back into things if I actually have a finished army: who knows!

*There aren't any weapons in the pictures but I'll be doing those too of course.

PXL_20240316_164852510.jpg

I have some other things beyond this (three unbuilt Crisis Suits, a few characters on foot, Shadowsun 2.0) but I'm not going to worry about any of that for now. They can be stretch goals in the event that I somehow manage to pull this off.

Edited by Commander Dawnstar

May you get those suits done “For the Greater Good” !!  :thumbsup:
Still if  you can burn through 4,000 pts in 3 months I think you’ve got a better than average chance of nailing this … 

Time for you to go all Mont’Ka on this :tongue:

good luck ! 

M. 

Thanks for the encouragement everyone.

12 hours ago, MithrilForge said:

Still if  you can burn through 4,000 pts in 3 months I think you’ve got a better than average chance of nailing this …

You inspired me to check up how much that force would come to in 10th and going off pre-Codex values it looks like it's dropped to a mere 2,005 points. It doesn't sound quite so impressive when you put it like that XD