What happened to Arven Rauth?

Like the title says.. Does anyone know what happened to him?

He seem liked one of the more fleshed out iron hands with the first iron hands codex years ago and that book 'Wrath of Iron' but seems GW forgot about him and had Sind Grolvoch take his place only to die to Fulgrim then be placed by Klaarc Kalag. My hope is he ascended to the Iron Council to some capacity or became a dreadnought and still serves the company at the very least instead of dying off screen like most space marine captains between codexs. Hell if anyone has cool head canon what they think happened to him I would appreciate that.

He's been featured in at least novels -- he was a Scout getting promoted to full brother in Eye of Medusa (I don't know if he re-appeared in Voice of Mars because I didn't read it) and was the commander of the Iron Hands in Wrath of Iron -- but aside from that he hasn't popped back up yet that I'm aware of.  Since Wrath takes place in, I think, the 800's M41 but he wasn't listed as a Company Captain in the codices dated around the end of M41/start of M42, at this point he's either dead or interred in a Dreadnought.