Turning Vallejo Paint bottles into your Gravity Feed Cup

Anyone ever use these? Micro-Mark Airbrush Paint Feed Adapter for Vallejo Paints works for Vallejo, AK Interactive, Ammo by MIG (micromark.com)  They (allegedly) replace the removable gravity cup on some airbrushes with your whole Vallejo bottle.  You just change the top, screw the top to the airbrush, and it uses the paint straight from the bottle.  I imagine you could also put water/cleaning solution in your old empty bottles for color changes.

Assuming they work.  So I thought I'd ask if anyone has used them and if they work. 

90833_R-03.jpg?resizeid=7&resizeh=170&re

Hmm ... that's an interesting idea. :smile: 

It could be a lack of imagination on my part, but I'm not sure what the use-case would be - it looks like you'd be relying on the paint in the bottle being the correct consistency? Filling it up with water and using it between colours (it'll have a larger capacity than the colour cup) could be a more interesting approach, perhaps?

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

Interesting idea, but I'm dubious as it would only work for bottles that happen to already be the perfect consistency.

Let's assume that the Vallejo Air range works. That's great. What about when you switch to Army Painter Air (which you might prefer) and they need just a drop of thinner. Do you want to go and try to guess the amount needed to top up every bottle?

And then there's the obvious problem of every other paint range and bottle/pot style out there.

For the price I wouldn't bother, personally. The use case is simply too limited for me to even consider them.