9 minutes ago, Joe said:

That sort of blood effect, the general narrowness (and to be honest, the wavy detailing at the end) is generally tied to the Soulblight Vampires.

New Soulblight are pretty much only fencing swords, scimitars or sabres now. Their swords if they're wider also tend to be pitted and battered:

Spoiler

99120207086_VangLordLead.jpg?fm=webp&w=9

99120207113_CadoLead.jpg?fm=webp&w=920&h

99120207108_LadyAnnikaLead.jpg?fm=webp&w

99120207088_BelladonnaVolgaFirstofVyrkos

99120207087_KritzaRatPrinceFeature.jpg?f

99120207086_VangLordLead.jpg?fm=webp&w=9

I think this RE is Imperial Power sword? It's got the divet area you'd get a power weapon node, I think?

It is the Blood Angel Sanguinor Sword

This is from a person over on TGA that was the source for multiple other correct rumours before. Its not always clear if they are talking about an actual rumour or just speculating like everyone else since they also just partake in normal discussions but since it also looks like the captains power sword and we already have rumours about Blood Angels, its pretty likely to be a rumour this time instead of speculation.

On the other hand I wouldn't expect a refreshed Sanguinor to just have a basic old power sword

Edited by Matrindur

I could see that. It's a little older style looking with the interior tunnel, and having the Sanguinor being mid kill would be pretty cool and lend towards a bigger base size to compare with the loyalist primarchs. 

13 minutes ago, Kharn13 said:

Sanguinor would be ace! Imagine if it’s held aloft his head and he’s drinking the blood! 

Pretty hard to drink blood with a metal single piece mask on your face.

besides it would be really weird for him to be in that pose since he’s never been portrayed in any way as being affiliated with the darker side of the chapter.

If it’s 40k it’s either chaos marines, or blood angels related.

seems weird to RE something chaos related this close to what’s likely to be a reveal on Thursday.

2 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

seems weird to RE something chaos related this close to what’s likely to be a reveal on Thursday.

That has never stopped them before, there is no pattern, reason or any logic to the rumor engines. We have had ALOT that have been revealed only shortly after, these however tend to stick less in the memory.. obviously.. as the ones that take months to years to be revealed.

Personally I dont think its 40k though.

Btw, where alot of people like special effects like spells and smoke on their miniatures ( I do like those.) I absolutely dislike sculpted liquid myself.. especially blood... cant really explain why that looks wrong to me and smoke/fire/spells dont... but it ruins the Avatar of khaine for me, despite me really wanting that kit.. and understanding its part of its lore.

Ooze dripping out of a toxic weapon is ok... but water and blood.. meh.

6 minutes ago, TheMawr said:

That has never stopped them before, there is no pattern, reason or any logic to the rumor engines. We have had ALOT that have been revealed only shortly after, these however tend to stick less in the memory.. obviously.. as the ones that take months to years to be revealed

There's also been one RE where they "teased" a model that has been revealed already

Screenshot2024-03-19202300.png.0ae64af691975bbb1a355ecd0125df89.png