Warbringer's Tau

Over the last year I've been working on some Tau and realised how long it has been since I posted here! I've been doing some AOS stuff too :)

Here you go a couple of pictures and I need to take some more!

Test Model, Commander Squad 1 and a GhostKeel

large.Test1.jpg.2440169bf8c28ae29db214760cacc7d8.jpglarge.test2.jpg.b845ffe8094b8490710802f3d0659536.jpg

Commander

large.TauCommander.jpg.79a2b26813174074273697c0a7dd4d0a.jpglarge.Commander2.jpg.503e51e87b19db4a45e427aec1e9454e.jpg

Squad 1

large.Squad1.jpg.df9879c94de8850c93165b1b7685a490.jpg

Ghostkeel I got for Xmas!

large.GhostKeel.jpg.e4d3c0366791f8f1d20fc22a64f49615.jpg

Edited by Warbringer
better photo

34 minutes ago, The Pounder said:

Stunning work @Warbringer

Gives the rest of us something to strive for!

How do you get your line highlights so crisp?

Thanks, Honeslty practise, I've found recently that slightly thicker paint than normal layers make it a single move to cover it and using the side of the brush helped me.

I have stopped using different size brushed now and just paint everything with a size 2.

Ah Warbringer… glad to see you back! and with T’AU even :thumbsup: 

hope you’ve been well?…

The models look great (your usual standard of course!) 

so yellow test guy at the top looks very lonely :laugh:, I’ll say the yellow and black seemed to work really well  , the crisis suits are amazing . 
how does it feel to not paint blue ?!?.. 

cheers, M 

++EDIT++ you know what I'm going to ask now... :tongue: What colours did you use?, the highlight on the red even makes it look weathered and dusty..is it something like ungor flesh??? .

I have to disagree with T ultra and say the weathering is great, and I love your bases, give a dry dusty desert vibe. 

Edited by MithrilForge

16 hours ago, MithrilForge said:

Ah Warbringer… glad to see you back! and with T’AU even :thumbsup: 

hope you’ve been well?…

The models look great (your usual standard of course!) 

so yellow test guy at the top looks very lonely :laugh:, I’ll say the yellow and black seemed to work really well  , the crisis suits are amazing . 
how does it feel to not paint blue ?!?.. 

cheers, M 

++EDIT++ you know what I'm going to ask now... :tongue: What colours did you use?, the highlight on the red even makes it look weathered and dusty..is it something like ungor flesh??? .

I have to disagree with T ultra and say the weathering is great, and I love your bases, give a dry dusty desert vibe. 

Oh my, it feels good to be back! I will take some better photographs and add them in, I've also done some marines that I've just not been sharing on here!

Thanks, I love the weathering on these, I was happy that it felt like the model connected to the base which I've been using pigments.

Not painting blue has been great actually! The yellow warrior is now a red warrior as was my free test model :)

9 hours ago, Kilcin said:

Awesome work! What color did you use for the Sept color? I've been wanting to use a similar color.

I use Valellejo Jade Green, then add in ice yellow and white to get the highlight colour :)

• 4 weeks later...