Sanguinor question

Interesting question came up in  a game the other day.

I had the sanguinor in reserve and he charged one of my units.   I went to do his Miraculous saviour move and come in from reserve into engagement range.

Now my opponent had other non-charging units within 9".     I decided that since the miraculous saviour rule did not say that I could come in within 9" of an enemy unit (other than the one who charged) that I would not be able to come in as planned.

Do you all think I have that right?  if not, anything we can point to on this?

Key for me is that if it were reversed and I was the charger, I would be looking for a specific rule, to over-rule the generic rule that says units coming in from reserve can't come within 9" of enemy units.

The main rules specify the following:

image.png.3aef01908b8c42e1aedbb0adf90d18c0.png

So looking at the Sanguinor's "Miraculous Saviour" rule we get the following.

image.png.22dde946f2a747447d61dbba44ff151c.png

It is the Miraculous Saviour rule that allows the Sanguinor to be placed in Reserves and it is the same rule that specifes how is deployed. In this case Deep Strike is not involved so the 9" restriction does not come into effect.

As others have already stated, your friend is very wrong. 

The better, less obvious answer question, is can he come in using miraculous savior turn 1?

11 hours ago, The Unseen said:

As others have already stated, your friend is very wrong. 

The better, less obvious answer question, is can he come in using miraculous savior turn 1?

I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this. My club says no, reason cited is that it doesn't specify it can turn one so it's assumed the same as DS rules.

I think it can. I look at miraculous saviour mechanic as similar to heroic intervention.

6 hours ago, Brother Raul said:

I'd like to hear people's thoughts on this. My club says no, reason cited is that it doesn't specify it can turn one so it's assumed the same as DS rules.

That is the right answer (usually). The rules for when Reserves can arrive are specified in the Mission pack. Leviathan Specifies Reserves arrive from T2 onwards. Since the Sanguinor does not have a rule overriding this (unlike Drop Pods), he will have to wait until T2.

It is not related to Deep Strike, rather both Miraculous Saviour and Deep Strike are bound by the same rules from the Mission Pack defining Reserve restrictions.

Edited by Karhedron