3K UM Logos w/Optae + Command

Last week I built a new Sniper/Chainsword Veteran squad as a place for my MoS to hang out when I am not running a HSS (Logos requires a MoS).  With the leaks this week it turns out the Optae + Company command is basically the exact squad I was planning on building, but for ~20pts they gain some great buffs over the regular veterans. 

The Optae allows his unit to automatically rally, and to ignore the restrictions on shooting/charging when doing so.  The Company Standard makes the squad line, and also has a 6" aura of LD 9.  I've gathered enough information to have a pretty good idea of what the cost would be to run the new units.  I'm 90% sure these numbers are correct.

Delegatus Rides with the Suzerain in the Raider, The MoS hangs out with the Optae and his Company Command.  The Company Command is mostly there for the 6 relentless Nemesis Bolters, but they also have some excellent melee output with 30 Chainsword attacks on the charge at WS5 (or WS6 during Retribution Strike turns).  I had a couple of spare points so I threw a Shotgun on to the MoS for occasional overwatch/return fire fun and the slim chance of Concussive going off.

I have 10pts left to spend, and I cant decide what to do with them.  I was debating a Charnable weapon on the Optae or MoS.  I could also drop the searchlights from the Land Raider to get an Argyrium Boarding Shield on the Optae.

Allegiance: Loyalist

XIII: Ultramarines

Rite of War: The Logos Lectora (UM)

+ HQ: +

Tartaros Delegatus: 130pts

Warlord: The Aegis of Wisdom

Argyrum-pattern Boarding Shield, Combi-Bolter, Thunder Hammer

Master of Signals: 92pts

Astartes Shotgun

Legion Optae: 60pts

Artificer Armor

Nemesis Bolter

Company Command Squad (5) 178ppts

5x Chainsword

5x Nemesis Bolter

Company Standard

+ Elites: +
Castra Ferrum Dreadnought 170pts

Gravis Lascannon, Gravis Lascannon, Searchlights

Contemptor Dreadnought 180pts

Gravis Melta Cannon, Gravis Power Fist with in-built Combi-Bolter

Contemptor Dreadnought 180pts

Gravis Melta Cannon, Gravis Power Fist with in-built Combi-Bolter

Invictarus Suzerain Squad (6) 245pts
2x Legatine Axe
4x Thunder Hammer

+ Troops: +

Assault Squad (15) 235pts
Sergeant: Power Fist
3x Power Axe

+ Troops: +

Assault Squad (15) 235pts
3x Power Axe

Tactical Squad (10) 160pts
Legion Vexilla
Rhino Transport

Tactical Squad (10) 160pts
Legion Vexilla
Rhino Transport

+ Fast Attack: +
Javelin Land Speeder: 105pts

2x Lascannons, Multi-Melta

Javelin Land Speeder: 105pts

2x Lascannons, Multi-Melta

+ Heavy Support: +

Land Raider Proteus Carrier: 240pts

Searchlights, Twin-linked Lascannon

Predator Squadron (2) 255pts
2x Volkite Culverins, Predator Cannon, Searchlights

Predator Squadron (2) 255pts
2x Volkite Culverins, Predator Cannon, Searchlights

++ Total: [2990Pts] ++

On 3/24/2024 at 6:31 PM, Cruor Vault said:

Last week I built a new Sniper/Chainsword Veteran squad as a place for my MoS to hang out when I am not running a HSS (Logos requires a MoS).  With the leaks this week it turns out the Optae + Company command is basically the exact squad I was planning on building, but for ~20pts they gain some great buffs over the regular veterans. 

The Optae allows his unit to automatically rally, and to ignore the restrictions on shooting/charging when doing so.  The Company Standard makes the squad line, and also has a 6" aura of LD 9.  I've gathered enough information to have a pretty good idea of what the cost would be to run the new units.  I'm 90% sure these numbers are correct.

Delegatus Rides with the Suzerain in the Raider, The MoS hangs out with the Optae and his Company Command.  The Company Command is mostly there for the 6 relentless Nemesis Bolters, but they also have some excellent melee output with 30 Chainsword attacks on the charge at WS5 (or WS6 during Retribution Strike turns). 

How many attacks do the company command get? That reads like 3 base - Suzerain level crazy! :laugh:

5 hours ago, AdamR said:

How many attacks do the company command get? That reads like 3 base - Suzerain level crazy! :laugh:

Its actually only 29.  The Optae only has 2 Attacks instead of the three I was thinking.

Each guy in the command squad  has 2 base +1 for 2 weapons +1 for charging x5 =20 + MoS 5 + Optae 4 = 29.