Tales from the Crypt of Artificial Scarcity

On the 28th of March I finally was able to order the desired forty 30K IH helmets to complete the minis from the core box. Well, it´s now the 2nd of April and they are all GONE again from the website. Approximate waiting time for restocking: Five to six months. I kid you not.

What were your spooky encounters from the crypt of artificial scarcity?

Mines old world related.

Britain has had at least one restock on their first wave of tomb kings metal/resin stuff and has things I'd like to buy just available on the site, while north america hasn't been and sold out instantly. All this stuff is direct only too, so no chance of it being at a random flgs or third party site. Can't order it from the UK, since they wizened up to people avoiding their insane conversion rate something like 15+ years ago, so we just get to wait for them to ship some over. Eventually. 

For me it was the Ambull.

I wanted one, but I hadn't painted the rest of my BSF stuff yet, and I was trying to be semi-responsible. I figured that it would go to last chance to buy or that I'd have some kind of warning... But one day it was just gone.

Fast forward five years, and all of the sudden it's being re-released with Combat Arena. And I'm happy to report that the Ambull is finally mine.

Years ago, when the world was young, in the beforetimes, there was a part of the Black Library website where they sold irregular items. Leftover limited editions*, collectors bookmarks and such like. I was browsing the site one day and they had a copy of the event-exclusive Horus Heresy anthology The Imperial Truth. For whatever the original RRP had been. :biggrin:

*I did say it was a long time ago.

On 4/2/2024 at 7:22 PM, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

On the 28th of March I finally was able to order the desired forty 30K IH helmets to complete the minis from the core box. Well, it´s now the 2nd of April and they are all GONE again from the website. Approximate waiting time for restocking: Five to six months. I kid you not.

What were your spooky encounters from the crypt of artificial scarcity?

That's shocking, hopefully you managed to get the order in before the went OOS! 

I guess I got suckered into ordering cursed cityat release as I thought it looked cool, but really not my jam, I was also a bit frenzied in trying to get the HH2.0 box when it came out as it was kind of unclear as to whether it would be a permanent range item or not.

On 4/3/2024 at 12:41 AM, Cactus said:

Years ago, when the world was young, in the beforetimes, there was a part of the Black Library website where they sold irregular items. Leftover limited editions*, collectors bookmarks and such like. I was browsing the site one day and they had a copy of the event-exclusive Horus Heresy anthology The Imperial Truth. For whatever the original RRP had been. :biggrin:

*I did say it was a long time ago.

It was a Friday, I was paid weekly at that point and obviously that was the one week that my pay was delayed. Missed it…

On 4/8/2024 at 8:43 PM, MegaVolt87 said:

I have to say, the stock issues have really curbed my impulse buying. Whenever I want to buy something on a whim it's never in stock. Latest ones were the old mk III FW praetor and the sword cata guy. By the time I see it again I likely won't get it, impulse has gone. 

Are you talking about the two resin praetor's kit that FW sold? One in Cata armor and the other in ornate Mk III armor?

One had an archeotech pistol plus his sword?

Had a lot of the OG tomb king stuff and only had to grab a few of the new releases, with the exception of the carrion. Never had them to begin with, still waiting for them in the U.S. after weeks of being available in the U.K.

Also one of those HH uberfans that was ready to go all in on the new epic game. For the first time, I skipped the release entirely due to stock issues. Can't play if no one else can get into it either. 

Still waiting over a couple years to snag a mutalith vortex beast for t.sons. 

38 minutes ago, Ahzek451 said:

Still waiting over a couple years to snag a mutalith vortex beast for t.sons. 

I thought to myself 'thats an old kit...no way'.

Out of Stock on the Canadian site. :down:

On 4/12/2024 at 9:43 AM, Xenith said:

That's shocking, hopefully you managed to get the order in before the went OOS! 

I guess I got suckered into ordering cursed cityat release as I thought it looked cool, but really not my jam, I was also a bit frenzied in trying to get the HH2.0 box when it came out as it was kind of unclear as to whether it would be a permanent range item or not.

I already received them and started the IRON CHALLENGE in works in progress.

Not 40k, but Old World.

Since launch I have been unable to get a copy or Arcane Journal: Bretonnia. It was sold out 15 minutes after preorder and has been like that ever since, everywhere. I have looked at independent stores 3 countries away ( I live in Europe) and no-one has a copy for sales.

Edited by Quantum