Assembly Difficulty of Certain Kits?

Can anyone give me some advice/info on the difficulty of certain kits and whether they are particularly fiddly or frustrating? I have seen conflicting reviews where some people find them easy but others make a point of stating they have an element to them that makes them less user-friendly. I consider myself a competent amateur but some reviews give me the impression certain kits are quite a chore.

Namely the Lictor, Von Ryan's Leaper's, Deathleaper, Biovore/Pyrovore and Neurolictor. 

Thanks for the feedback.

The nids are not too bad if you make sure you clean all the sprue nubs after clipping. Many are in spots that need to fit flush so make otherwise easy joins impossible if there is even a little nub in between 

Just remember that the push fit connectors are designed as a perfect fit on CAD, and if you spray them before assembling them, the microns thick layers of paint will make the fit much tighter, which is I think causing problems for some. I've not had any issues with the leviathan stuff, just prepare them well, as above! 

Edited by Xenith

2 hours ago, Xenith said:

Just remember that the push fit connectors are designed as a perfect fit on CAD, and if you spray them before assembling them, the mictons thick layers of paint will make the fit much tighter, which is I think causing problems for some. I've not had any issues with the leviathan stuff, just prepare them well, as above! 

The same goes for glue. I have stopped gluing push fit anywhere near the connectors. Just a dab here and there to weld lighter parts n long seams. Many are fine with no glue at all like the barb guaunts but I still dab a touch here n there. Habit?

of the new kits iv had, and none with instructions, the only real issues iv had are obviously order of build for the few places it matters(screamer killer tongue needs put on head before attachment to body) and tightness of build. i wouldn't have any issue with a novice trying them with a proper guide and a warning to give parts a good squeeze together. even a gap only requires a bit of filler isn't the end with where most joins are.