Apparently the Hrossvalur has been jumped....

Been a spell and I have seen by search around that our army comps have changed quite a bit with the Ultima Founding.

The most interesting advice I have seen was using the Combat Patrol box set and then adding TWC, thus basically eliminating any GH or BC. Have we dropped so low in the meta that our basic units are now basically obsolete? Haven't seen much talk about use of WG either? Are our basic units being relegated to "legacy" games only?

Nice to see some old faces as well as new.  Tells me we are not short on still attracting folks to Fenris.

We’re going to have to see what exactly GW does with the new Codex, because they have a chance to organize the Primaris along the same lines as the traditional Space Wolves structures, but they have not seen fit to do that so far.

I don’t think they know what to do with the Space Wolves, because of the Codex deviancy they have always had, while Primaris are even more extremely adherent to a single structure squad than the Codex Marines were.  I feel that the SW unique squad set ups are doomed exactly like the Dark Angels’ unique squads ended up being “squatted” in favor of single load-out type squads.

Edited by Bryan Blaire

Should be a great opportunity for them to make Space Wolves unique Primaris Marines.. :ph34r: We can only hope I guess.. But if they do, make some proper Wolfy Primaris loosly based on Grey Hunters, Blood Claws etc, I´m for sure am coming back in modelling if nothing else!:biggrin:

Its tough because some of our units are very good but in other people's detachments. Blood Claws are fun because +1A and +1S on the charge is really strong. Stick 15 in an LRC with a WGBL and they can Fall Back and Charge every turn to keep their bonuses turned On and the Lethal Hits really helps them punch upwards against tougher targets.

We also have the only Lt Character in Terminator armour meaning that we can pull the Lethal Hits + Sustained Hits 5+ on our Terminators. The Gravis bomb is good with this combo but Wolves actually pull it off better with Termies and unlike Aggressors, the Termies have Deep Strike so don't need a Transport to deliver their punch.

Thunderwolves are great in a Stormlance Detachment, so much so that we are practically the only Chapter to actually use it.

It all hinges on what happens when our codex comes out. We just don't know which (if any) of our Chapter Specific units will be culled. Until we have that info, people are somewhat hesitant about investing in new (old) units.

6 hours ago, Wolf Lord Duregar said:

What´s the rumoured time frame, is there any at all? On when we can expect a new Codex?

No real idea at this stage. Blood Angels are rumoured to be late-summer/early-autumn so I doubt the wolves will come before Christmas.

Let’s say there’s a winter release for the Wolves’ ‘Dex - that means we would be looking at about 18 months or so game-play time before the next edition?

6 hours ago, Bryan Blaire said:

Let’s say there’s a winter release for the Wolves’ ‘Dex - that means we would be looking at about 18 months or so game-play time before the next edition?

That's about right I think. :sad: