wolf codex expectations: what are yours?

Guest Triszin

1 hour ago, Apokalypsi said:

I'm guessing they'll save the talon for Corax if they decide to ever bring him back.

I have a feeling he'll stay as a lore only character for a while yet.

He's a Daemonic Raven creature now, hunting Lorgar in the warp, and the Raven Guard aren't as popular as the big 4 chapters.

I think we'll see Russ in the near future, and eventually MAYBE Rogal Dorn or Vulkan. The Imperial Fists are extremely important in the lore, and a key focus for GW in the Horus Heresy setting. I'm always dejected at how ignored they've been in 40k - we don't even have a model for our chapter master, or much lore for thar matter, but that's another topic entirely.

Claws are associated with the Space Wolves, so the Emperor's Talon makes sense. They could go a different direction, and have a wise, Odin inspired Russ with the Spear from the HH novels.

I think that the spear the Emps gave Russ to hunt Horus with is a possibility but I don't think that he took it with him on his vision quest. I think he left it in the Fang and it was eventually lost when Ragnar stabbed Magnus in the eye with it. It was eventually recovered and returned to its shrine on the planet Garm.

Russ is usually depicted with a chainsword in artwork so I would imagine him carrying either the Spear or a chainsword (or both for sweep and strike attacks).

22 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

I think that the spear the Emps gave Russ to hunt Horus with is a possibility but I don't think that he took it with him on his vision quest. I think he left it in the Fang and it was eventually lost when Ragnar stabbed Magnus in the eye with it. It was eventually recovered and returned to its shrine on the planet Garm.

Russ is usually depicted with a chainsword in artwork so I would imagine him carrying either the Spear or a chainsword (or both for sweep and strike attacks).

And for those who haven't read SW novels the funny part is Leman Russ hates that gdamn spear.

19 minutes ago, TiguriusX said:

And for those who haven't read SW novels the funny part is Leman Russ hates that gdamn spear.

They should give it a shooting profile.

Just to reflect the books where he is constantly trying to get rid of the thing only for it always somehow find its way back. 

7 hours ago, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Can I add the Russ closing out Edition is my personal theory/foil, I'm going to speak more on that soon :)

Thanks for the clarification, dude. 

We're just a little stir crazy, we have no idea what we might be getting so any rumours at all makes us jittery. 

Edited by Wispy

4 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

Claws are associated with the Space Wolves, so the Emperor's Talon makes sense. They could go a different direction, and have a wise, Odin inspired Russ with the Spear from the HH novels.

I would love if Russ came back and HE'S the wise, enlightened Gandalf figure, the senior statesmen of the other two brothers. Roboute was frozen, the Lion was sleeping, Leman was wandering, surviving, adventuring. 

Guest Triszin
5 hours ago, StrangerOrders said:

They should give it a shooting profile.

Just to reflect the books where he is constantly trying to get rid of the thing only for it always somehow find its way back. 

It has it.

9th Ed crusade relic

13 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

I have a feeling he'll stay as a lore only character for a while yet.

He's a Daemonic Raven creature now, hunting Lorgar in the warp, and the Raven Guard aren't as popular as the big 4 chapters.

I think we'll see Russ in the near future, and eventually MAYBE Rogal Dorn or Vulkan. The Imperial Fists are extremely important in the lore, and a key focus for GW in the Horus Heresy setting. I'm always dejected at how ignored they've been in 40k - we don't even have a model for our chapter master, or much lore for thar matter, but that's another topic entirely.

IF chapter master even doesn't have a piece of portrait!

Well, IF is the default loyalist legion in 30K and received more love there. 

4 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

IF chapter master even doesn't have a piece of portrait!

What do you mean, Lysander is the --

*gets passed a piece of paper from off-screen*

Wait, hold on. I'm getting word that Lysander is not the Chapter Master, despite all indications from his model.

47 minutes ago, SvenIronhand said:

Wait, hold on. I'm getting word that Lysander is not the Chapter Master, despite all indications from his model.

Welcome brother. How's your Chapter Master doing?

Ours is in a jar on Chogoris.

3 hours ago, SvenIronhand said:

Gregor Dessian, Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists (110 pts)

Gregor Dessian succeeded Vorn Hagan after his death during the Night of Blood. Dessian, recently returned from a penitence crusade to the edge of the Great Rift, knows first hand the dangers it represent to the Imperium. He has carefully deployed the Imperial Fist’s battle-brother according to the edict’s of Rogal Dorn’s own plan for the Bastion Imperialis and as former Captain of the Seventh Company, he is ever aware of his responsibilities with each beat of his bionic heart, made from pieces of the mighty Phalanx.

Mv

T

Sv

W

Ld

OC

6”

2+ (4+Inv)

6+

Ranged Weapons

Range

A

BS

S

AP

D

Master-crafted storm bolter [Rapid fire 2]

24”

2+

Melee Weapons

Range

A

WS

S

AP

D

Teeth of Terra [Sustained Hits 2]

Melee

2+

ABILITIES

CORE: Leader

FACTION: Oath of Moment

Heart of the Phalanx: This model has the Feel No Pain 5+ ability.

Bastion Imperialis: While this model is leading a unit, once per turn you gain 1CP when your unit controls an objective.

UNIT COMPOSITION

• 1 Gregor Dessian, Chapter Master of the Imperial Fists

This model is equipped: master-crafted storm bolter and teeth of terra.

WARGEAR OPTIONS

• None

LEADER

This model can be attached to the following units:

• AGGRESSOR SQUAD

• ASSAULT INTERCESSOR SQUAD

• BLADEGUARD VETERAN SQUAD

• COMPANY HEROES

• ERADICATOR SQUAD

• HEAVY INTERCESSOR SQUAD

• INFERNUS SQUAD

• INTERCESSOR SQUAD

• STERNGUARD VETERAN SQUAD

Keywords: Infantry, Grenades, Imperium, Epic Hero, Gravis, Chapter Master, Gregor Dessian

Faction Keywords: Adeptus Astartes, Imperial Fists

• 2 weeks later...

My wish list is that I think they should "primarisize" a lot of the previous great space wolf flavour,

- wolf guard set like the sword brethren, those same wolf guard can be used as pack leaders in other packs

- wolf guard pack leader option for every squad in addition to pack leader

- Wolf Scouts can take a phobos wolf guard pack leader

- primaris grey hunters which gives intercessors chainswords for a couple extra points

- true grit is back

- fenrisian wolves should be much more present, option for all characters to take them

-  updated sculpts for thunderwolves, larger and more muscular.  

possibly cavalry rectangle bases for wolves and thunder wolves instead of circles.

loved the 13th from the eye of terror, would be interesting but highly unlikely if they got their own mini codex consisting of only infantry, bikes, wolves and a rune priest gating them around the board.  Could possibly add scouts.

Guest Triszin
On 4/25/2024 at 9:00 AM, Chapter Master Valrak said:

Can I add the Russ closing out Edition is my personal theory/foil, I'm going to speak more on that soon :)

With Isha?

Lol