Hypertech renegades from the Jericho Reach

The Concept: During the Dark Age of technology a group of human explorers leave old Terra and after much struggle and effort, settle in the Jericho Reach.

After thousands of years they form an interstellar empire and form co-operative treaties with xenos. They find alternate methods to travel trough the galaxy and control psykers in a radically different way from the Imperium. Only hints of this civilization is known in the galaxy and only through clandestine means. But now they have returned, the Galaxy will never be the same.

What are they Called?: The Gross Nova Konfederation, or the G.N.K. is the name of the Official Government, however, the Military arm of these Upstart Renegades are called the TannHauser.

Who are the Tannhauser: The Tannhauser are the Military arm of the GNK, taking the Name from ancient Terran myth, of a Knight that traveled to different worlds. They are comprised of three branches, the RaumFlotten (Void Fleet) the StossPanzer (Shock Armor) and the BundesWehr(Defense Forces). These forces are highly trained, tech augmented and keenly motivated. Indeed, the forces of the Tannhauser are akin to the massive legions of Astartes in the 30th Millennium.

Flavor and look: Independent Hyper tech Human Space Empire, Some influence of Mecha, Diesel punk, Techno Advanced, Space Jermani.

Rules: Codex Space Marines using customized proxy models. Iron Hands or Mentor Legion? seem like a good choice.

Soon, I will begin posts with picture of my WIPs, I hope it gives the community inspiration and joy, stay tuned!!

"Our First Encounter with the Tannhauser was grim, they are the equivalent of my own Astartes Brothers, they have evolved these predators differently, but lethal professionals, none the less." 

Attributed to Sgt. Machias of the Storm Wardens Chapter

"The Tannhauser Warrior is a the evolution of thousands of years of research and development that traces a line back to old night. Every warrior is exactly 1.96 meters tall and 122.4 kg, They posses speed, strength and endurance equivalent to First Born Astartes. They have multiple cybernetic nano systems installed into their bodies. The armor they wear is similar in appearance to Astra Militarum Scion Armor, however it also has some properties of Eldar tech which reacts instantly to movement by the wearer and moulds and reshapes itself to provide a tight fit, making it ideal for combat. It stiffens on impact much like Mesh Armor although it also includes further rigid plating to reinforce it further. The weapon that they use is the DMG, (official guides we have captured call it the M56 Diamond Machingewher) manufactured with cutting edge science and metals not seen since the dark age of technology, it is a light weapon has almost no kick and can shoot an enormous rate of fire (1500 Rnds Per Minute) It has a cone magazine that holds a wafer of dense metal that is shaved off by the weapon mechanism and dropped into a synthetic, diamond lined, charged barrel, that throws the projectile out with enormous force (6600 Joules of Muzzle Energy). The DMG is essentially light rail gun and has some similarity to the Eldar Shuriken rifle. "

Excerpt from the Imperial Intelligence Report: Canis Salient-Baraban Campaign

Posted (edited)

I have started trying to take the Mad thoughts of a 40K Fanboy and turn them into concrete creations, after looking around the interwebs for something that would fit my vision I found the DreamForge Eisenkern for Infantry, 1/48 scale models laying around in a junk bin and various pieces of styrene for Armor and Tau, Imperial Guard and Necron pieces to add some flavor.

The first project was finding Anti Armor vehicles to kill those pesky Carnifex/KillerKanz and Repulsors. 

First I had to remove the tracks, no Hypertech force would use primitive propulsion systems like Tracks!!.

Then I had to find a suitable grav plate. Ilooked in the bitz box and saw Tau shield drones, perfect.

Then I added some telecom bits I had about such as Fiber Optic caps and Cat 6 cable covers, they worked nicely.

IMG_6265.jpg

Edited by ShadowCaptain

What good would a Tech Marine be without a Thunderfire Cannon to play with? I do realize these are "Legend" now. But still love em.

Heres my Tannhauser version The NebelWerfer 3 Aufs D GravMount. The Thunderfire Cannon proxy is made from a Halo Toy, a Lego Shield and the grav plates are parts of a DreamForge Sprue.

Nebelwerfer.jpg

That is correct.

Fluff wise a Hypertech independent force that has stolen ideas and tech from both the Imperium and Xenos alike.  I will try my best to get this aesthetic to show in my creations. Rules wise, I post what they "counts as". 

Posted (edited)

Tonight I finished one of the Characters (Counts as a Contemptor Dreadnought with merciless logic and twin Volkite Cannons. ) Kommander Voigt. The Tannhauser have Powered Armor suits similar to the Tau called "BattleFrames."  I just need to add some "tuft" grass to the base.

image14.jpg

Edited by ShadowCaptain

Posted (edited)

Here is the preliminary idea for a Counts as Replusor Reaper, made from a Tiger II model in the junk bin and some other bits. Right now its Held together with some poster tack. I have multiple weapons to magnetize, the other pic is a twin autocannon config.

image0.jpeg

Edited by ShadowCaptain

23 minutes ago, ShadowCaptain said:

I finished my Counts as Imperial Knight. The Tannhauser call this the Schwere Kampfanzug, (Heavy Battleframe). Other minis for scale.

Schwere-Kampfanzug 28 (Heavy Battlesuit).jpg

Is that based off a Gundam or armored core kit? 

I also have a box of your space marine stand in but I have no idea who made them lol... 

I got it like ten years ago maybe longer. 

Edited by Terminatorinhell

In my fluff the Tannhauser history, records a group of mercenaries that had been elite warriors on Old Terra. They had protected the founders from a terrorist attack, while in transit aboard the Colony Fleets. From that point forward, these warriors had been the personal Bodyguards of Diplomats and Officials. They call themselves, the Lucifer Blacks. Ill release my version soon. Stay Tuned.

Posted (edited)

Lots of progress on the  Tannhauser "Pazerjager G".  I went with a Airbrushed spot camo pattern. I took off the 88MM cannon and replaced it with Twin Linked Lascannons. I just need to add decals and spray and this ones done. I also did the remote weapon station on top and painted the visors.image10.jpeg.516cf863cc83a905b6031b49638f6976.jpeg

image11.jpeg

Edited by ShadowCaptain

For air support I found the remains of an Old Crow Resin model http://www.oldcrowmodels.co.uk/index.htm.

I had to cut it up a bit and drill pins to keep the wings on. I adde a 35MM Chaingun from a Apache Helicopter model in the bits bin.

I painted it up. Im happy with the results. Counts as a Space marine Stormtalon.

SturmTalon.png