Compulsive army maker trying to get things done

Hi everybody, and thanks for letting me in!

Everything is in the title, I got back into 40k a dozen years ago, after seeing a friend's army, carrying boxes during his moving. The 6th edition just launched and I chose to play Dark Eldar because of their unique look. They were really fast and full of flavour back then. Leather strapped sadists on drugs, could I ask for more? I bought a bunch of stuff...

Then I lost most of my games and my interest in the said game.

Then Death Guard happened. I bought a bunch of stuff...

Then Phobos marines happened, along with the Hachette collections, which lead me to the Necrons. Once again, a bunch of stuff...

So, I'm currently working on Drukhari, Death Guard, Marines, Sisters, Necrons. All of them with lore, and conversions. And there is an Inquisition project coming, too. And I got my hands on my brother's Ork army when he quit. And there is that Leviathan Tyranid half I'll have to take care of at some point...

Sometimes that is too much pressure, so I try to relax with Nighthaunts, Silver Tower and Cursed City.

I just can't help myself collecting things, and I really love minis and the 40k universe.

I spent some time here as a distant watcher, and I found a lot of inspiration, but I think it's time to get involved. I think (hope) it will help me focusing more so I can finish stuff sometimes, and maybe get rid of some old bad tennager habit.

I will definitely post my works in progress, for advices and suggestions, and maybe get into long term challenges.

I think it might be the kick I need to get things done, so once again, thanks for letting me in!

Bob

Edited by Xenith

12 minutes ago, Bob Fossil said:

Drukhari, Death Guard, Marines, Sisters, Necrons.

don't feel like you have to paint stuff/buy stuff thats why gw wants you to think. evaluate what you have, and then see what you want to paint. sell some stuff if you don't want to paint it. remember, it's supposed to be fun/relaxing

16 hours ago, terminator ultra said:

don't feel like you have to paint stuff/buy stuff thats why gw wants you to think. evaluate what you have, and then see what you want to paint. sell some stuff if you don't want to paint it. remember, it's supposed to be fun/relaxing

Yeah, I know, but I DO want to paint them all! And I will!

With many bits of different armies, Combat Patrol might also be a good gaming format. You might need however to proxi some stuff based on your collection. 

Edited by Bouargh

Hey, thanks for all these advices! I feel very welcomed!

Don't get me wrong, I like this situation I put myself in.  I don't play much anymore because I lack free time, between work, family and other activities.

But I stay up late, and I enjoy "working" on my projects during these quiet hours.

I also think about the Kill Team format. I'll probably get to it if/when I start more projects...