Blood Angel Captain in 10th .... inferno pistol?

Go to solution Solved by Tokugawa,

• Solution

New released captain kits, either walking or jump pack, don't include such options, so no rules in codex.

BTW, I can't remember which model on sell currently, include the classic "smash captain" parts(jump pack, hammer and storm shield). If no corresponding model stay on shelf, it would lose this option no later than 11th.

2 hours ago, Tokugawa said:

New released captain kits, either walking or jump pack, don't include such options, so no rules in codex.

BTW, I can't remember which model on sell currently, include the classic "smash captain" parts(jump pack, hammer and storm shield). If no corresponding model stay on shelf, it would lose this option no later than 11th.

Only kit I can think of is the sanguinary guard that have the wrist-mounted inferno pistols.

1 hour ago, TheArtilleryman said:

Only kit I can think of is the sanguinary guard that have the wrist-mounted inferno pistols.

There's also the DC box, which has at least two inferno pistol arms. Both kits, I imagine, are headed out with the Codex this edition or whenever 10th expires.

1 hour ago, Paladin777 said:

Weirdly enough, VVets got to keep their inferno pistol option. Not sure how that happened. My guess is that it was an error in our favor. 

Yeah ... I just recall enough units that did get an inferno pistol as an option, I was thinking the captain did too? Oh well, a shame. I'm building and painting the jump pack captain as a Blood Angel for a friend. Was considering going inferno pistol and power fist! ... I guess it will be plasma pistol and power fist? Heh. Thanks for all the replies. 

2 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Why would you want it in 10th any way?

basically no range, and pretty much all the targets melta weapons are intended to kill will only be wounded by on a 5 or 6.

melta weapons just seem so horrible this edition.

Inferno Pistols are incredible for shooting just about anything when all you can take is a pistol.

On 4/12/2024 at 11:56 AM, Tokugawa said:

So basically 40K gonna 40K..

On 4/14/2024 at 5:31 PM, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Except the armor they were originally meant to shoot with melta, and anything beyond 6”….

True but it is still a good gun and can one-shot a Terminator (either before the charge or once in melee). It is better than a bolt pistol or plasma pistol IMHO.

On 4/19/2024 at 7:40 PM, Karhedron said:

True but it is still a good gun and can one-shot a Terminator (either before the charge or once in melee). It is better than a bolt pistol or plasma pistol IMHO.

In 10th with no extra cost of wargears, what is "not better" than a bolt pistol? I can't remember one.