Necron Plasmacyte

At the end of 9th 40K I bought the command & recruit editions of the game. In one of the boxes was a Necron model named Plasmacyte. As there is no modern Necron codex in my collection I would like to know what the combat role of that model is. I don´t need stats or special rules. Only general info of how to convert it into a profile for either 2nd or 3rd 40K. Thanks in advance.

2 hours ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

At the end of 9th 40K I bought the command & recruit editions of the game. In one of the boxes was a Necron model named Plasmacyte. As there is no modern Necron codex in my collection I would like to know what the combat role of that model is. I don´t need stats or special rules. Only general info of how to convert it into a profile for either 2nd or 3rd 40K. Thanks in advance.

It upgrades any MELEE weapons in its unit to have Devastating Wounds for 1 fight round. It comes with Skorpeth Destroyers, haven't looked to see if other units can also take one.

Edited by Grotsmasha

2 hours ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

It doesn't have a profile in 10th, being used more as a token for the Destroyers ability. It did have a profile in 9th though

Plasmacyte

Movement 8

Weapon skill 4+ 

Ballistic Skill 4+

Strength 4

Toughness 5

Wounds 1

Attacks 1

Leadership 10

Save 4+

Weaponry was listed as monomolecular proboscis with Strength as user and A.P -1 doing 1 damage.

I'd suggest, if you're porting backwards, to make it immune to psychology as for all intents and purposes, it's a drone that follows the Destroyers around.

Punting this one over to the Tombs :wink:

@Grotsmasha, both Ophydian and Skorkeph destroyers can have plasmacytes.

And in light of that, @Deus_Ex_Machina, given that Ophydian Destroyers were based off of the original metal Wraith sculpts, you could probably have it follow any old metal wraiths around, though I can't think of a good mechanical reason to do so offhand, as I don't have my 3rd ed dex with me.

Alternatively, given the Plasmacyte's size, you could either fold it into a squad of Flayed Ones as an extra model, or given how big the original metal Scarabs were, could also maybe use it for that. Alternatively, you could just have it follow your Lord around to represent, say, Mindshackle Scarabs or another wargear option.

It's big enough to be an in-between level Canoptek unit of some kind- bigger and more important than a scarab, less important than a spyder.