April 2024 - Munitorum Field Manual and Dataslate updates

22 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Did squighog boys go up? They're a 4 model unit and the oldest points I have lying around for them (Jan) had 3 hogs + nob at 170, they're 160 for 4 atm.

Nobs are folded into the unit now. So the 160 for 4 is actually 160 for 3 + nob. Presumably it's a points change from the Codex or they're counting it as going up from the old price for 3.

Edited by Doobles57

By army I play:

AdMech: SHRUG - While I'm not angry to drop 70 points from my usual list (yes, I'm still running 4 robots, 2 rangers and an Onager), I do think this mostly needs to be a rules change. I played the army recently, and it's close to fun, bu desparately needs some quality of life changes that have nothing to do with the number of units I can take. Tangentially, Kyria Draxus going up is hekkin annoying.

Eldar: Yep - secretly snickering in striking scorpion; Banshees should have dropped to 65 as well, surely... And happy to take the points on Guardians - I take 2 in every list so this is the first time I'm on a net positive in a list lol.

Guard: Kasrkin are still going to be worth it at 120, but less tempting to take full 3x10... My list changes v. little.

Drukhari: I'm fine with it. Some units need more sauce, but this is not really a points issue either.

GSC: drops on vehicles definitely correct. Army still not quite doing what I want it to.

Votann: lol ok - guess I get an extra enhancement. More units plz.

Marines: Cool. Tacticals at 140 are borderline decent, I swear. Terminators and vindicators down is quite spicy. Jump Intercessors down is also caliente.

WE: KILL MAIM BURN - As a routine 30 Berzerker + 2 mauler + 2 jakhal player I'm ~80 points in the black here.

All told I'm satisfied other than feeling like Kastelans could have dropped 5-10 more points each.

Balance Data-slate when?

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

16 minutes ago, Dr. Clock said:

AdMech: SHRUG - While I'm not angry to drop 70 points from my usual list (yes, I'm still running 4 robots, 2 rangers and an Onager), I do think this mostly needs to be a rules change. I played the army recently, and it's close to fun, bu desparately needs some quality of life changes that have nothing to do with the number of units I can take. Tangentially, Kyria Draxus going up is hekkin annoying.

I'm reserving judgement on Ad Mech until the Balance Dataslate comes out as it's seems they're in for some support there. But constant point drops to the most expensive (in £££) army to field is not the answer long term. Every time I seem to get close to a full 2k army the points drop and I need to buy another unit! They need the sort of hard look and rethink that a new edition and then a new codex should have provided but for whatever reason didn't.

The Admech cycle this edition:

"Alright the index sucks let's wait for the points"

"Alright the points suck let's wait for the slate"

"Alright the slate sucked let's wait for the codex"

"Alright the codex sucked let's wait for the slate"

"Alright the slate sucked let's wait for the mfm that will definitely have a slate for us since we got ignored that time"

"Alright the mfm sucked but they totally pinky promised that we should wait for the slate"

One bleep blooping year of being both depressing to play with and against

Happy anniversary tenth ed, but hey at least ruststalkers have hit the 1$ per point threshold :facepalm::cry:

2 minutes ago, Mechanicus Tech-Support said:

One bleep blooping year of being both depressing to play with and against

Yes, it's definitely not ideal. Still, Drukhari and DG indexes have both received significant enough positive reworks that I'm still hopeful for a Data-Slate change. I would be happy enough if they made the simple change of letting us reinforce Battleline units to 20 like last edition. Pretty much all the other BS4+ armies have some bigger blobs available to really capitalize on buffs, but AdMech don't really care about buffing 10 vanguard.

Then also maybe just remove/change some/most of the 'must be near battleline to benefit' riders, and give us a few choice changes to increase number of Battle Tactics, and we're probably good!

We can see now that basically any codex release 'resets the timer' on material changes to either rules or points. I'm increasingly just resigned to waiting the 6 months following any Codex before it starts getting changed through updates. The tempo of change is pretty high as-is, so it does make sense to only touch the top and bottom quartiles in each cycle...

Cheers,

The Good Doctor.

I don't think I was prepared for how bad the Marine update was.

Generally the army is performing from a poor to average level, outside of Black Templar lists.

Lots of units could use a point drop, but were simply ignored. There are units that are basically never seen on the tabletop, and have not been adjusted.

Happy to see the Dark Angels get a few drops.

The Lion at 300 is pretty enticing.

The points changes for Custodes are actually relatively minor - I assume they're indicating point changes relative to the page in the Codex rather than relative to the last MFM.

In total:

Aleya down 5 pts

Knight-Centura down 5pts

Trajann down 10pts

Valerian down 5pts

Venerable Contemptor Dreadnought down 15pts (Does anyone like this model?)

10 person Vigilators down 5pts

Everything else is identical to the last MFM.

2 hours ago, Kastor Krieg said:

They... made Vindicators cheaper?!

e10Nf0Q.jpeg

Gotta get em off the shelves before they get booted in 11th :P

But more seriously; it's a very strange decision.  It's got one of the strongest guns the SM line has access to, but it's seeing like, 0 competitive play in SM, but is seeing some play in CSM.  Very weird.

Edited by DemonGSides

18 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

Gotta get em off the shelves before they get booted in 11th :P

But more seriously; it's a very strange decision.  It's got one of the strongest guns the SM line has access to, but it's seeing like, 0 competitive play in SM, but is seeing some play in CSM.  Very weird.

Previous 190pts is not cheap. IG demolisher commander has the same gun, better secondary weapons like lascannon and multi-melta, 2+ to fire on death, 205pts. Most IG lists take 1 or 2, can't afford 3.

6 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

I don't think I was prepared for how bad the Marine update was.

Generally the army is performing from a poor to average level, outside of Black Templar lists.

Lots of units could use a point drop, but were simply ignored. There are units that are basically never seen on the tabletop, and have not been adjusted.

Happy to see the Dark Angels get a few drops.

The Lion at 300 is pretty enticing.

This edition the SM codex leaves a lot to be desired and overall these armies aren’t competitive going by my experience. So, I don’t see the reason why any units had a point increase. It’s frustrating and doesn’t make any sense. That said it feels quite typical.

Edited by Cenobite Terminator

Hmm. No change to Imp Knights, which is both good and annoying- we're not doing super hot right now even after winning two smaller GTs in the last three weeks. But at least GW didn't think that those wins meant we were overpowered and upped our points. So I'll take it, I guess.

The Inquisition change is more annoying- Callidus/Vindicare/Henchmen were my last 210 points in my comp IK list, now I'm going to have to re-jigger that around. Probably switch out the Vindicare for something else. Maybe Callidus/Inquisitor/Henchmen or Callidus/Inquisitor/Voidsmen. I guess it just depends on whether I think the Henchmen are better than the Voidsmen as far as survivability, as all they are doing is holding my rear objective all game....

9 hours ago, tzeentch9 said:

Surprised skorpek destroyers went down, they were undercosted as is

I don't think so- unlike last ed, where skorpekh were a serious threat to really everything (being meth'd up with big swords), this edition they are really just ok. They are somewhat fast and somewhat deadly, but not faster than Wraiths or doing enough damage to spam. 

I do think a full squad with a Lord and 2 plasmacytes might see some use though- Lethal Hits and Dev Wounds on 24 S7 -2AP 2d attacks with full re-rolls to Hit on a charge isn't terrible. And its only 260 points for a fairly decent distraction unit. 

12 hours ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Hmm. No change to Imp Knights, which is both good and annoying- we're not doing super hot right now even after winning two smaller GTs in the last three weeks. But at least GW didn't think that those wins meant we were overpowered and upped our points. So I'll take it, I guess.

The Inquisition change is more annoying- Callidus/Vindicare/Henchmen were my last 210 points in my comp IK list, now I'm going to have to re-jigger that around. Probably switch out the Vindicare for something else. Maybe Callidus/Inquisitor/Henchmen or Callidus/Inquisitor/Voidsmen. I guess it just depends on whether I think the Henchmen are better than the Voidsmen as far as survivability, as all they are doing is holding my rear objective all game....

I don't think so- unlike last ed, where skorpekh were a serious threat to really everything (being meth'd up with big swords), this edition they are really just ok. They are somewhat fast and somewhat deadly, but not faster than Wraiths or doing enough damage to spam. 

I do think a full squad with a Lord and 2 plasmacytes might see some use though- Lethal Hits and Dev Wounds on 24 S7 -2AP 2d attacks with full re-rolls to Hit on a charge isn't terrible. And its only 260 points for a fairly decent distraction unit. 

Yes, you need to put a lord with them, but skorpekhs will punch above their point cost, and still need a reasonable investment into them to be killed off. Lethals, devastating, impact hits from the lord, rerolls to hit, good strength and ap all means they will mince most things on the charge. Then probably die, but they’ve done their job by then

19 hours ago, Orange Knight said:

There are units that are basically never seen on the tabletop, and have not been adjusted.

To be fair, C:SM has more units than it knows what do to with.  With that many options, half the list is probably going to get left by the wayside.  Until, you know, they prune more but that's a conversation that's been hashed out plenty.