[BA] Munitorum Field Manual April 24

https://www.warhammer-community.com/wp-content/uploads/2023/06/ZPIdnv258NWwFQ8p.pdf

Hey guys, so apparently the new MFM dropped and we as BA got quit some point adjustments. Firstborn DC and lemartes went up. Sanguinary guard went down to 155 per 5. 

Have to go through my lists to see the impact, but wanted to start a BA related discussion anyway. 

Seeing the impact and popularity of firstborn DC in latest tournament lists it doesn't surprise me. 

Is SG at 155 finally worth take a second look? 

Edited by Jolemai
Title

I was hoping they would take the points cost of SG down to 150. At 30ppm, that would put SG on par with BGVs but I think 155 is close enough to make them interesting. SG have roughly the same hitting power as BGVs but are more fragile. They are significantly more mobile though.

Which in turn got more expensive (SP)... GW gives it, GW takes it. 

Overall my current list got 10 points cheaper which leaves my now with 20 spare points. This will make it more easy to swap in my latest painted addition the brutalis dread (dropped to 160 yay)

Mephy is now only 100 points. Guess I need to give im a first go in 10th. 

Also noticed that DC intercessors went down to 75 points. Still don't know what to do with them, but they are now cheaper than regular intercessors which is a statement for they usefullness on its own.

26 minutes ago, DemonGSides said:

They're still a little too pricey, unfortunately, especially since you basically HAVE to take them alongside Dante and a SP. 

I am thinking they get more mileage out of a Captain than Dante. S8 on the charge in a SoS Detachment is pretty sweet and you have a free Red Rampage each turn from Rites of Battle. I think that is probably stronger than +1" Charge and +1 to Hit.

Sadly Priests cannot join the Sanguinary Guard  as the 5+++ is probably exactly the shot in the arm they need. My SP will continue to buff my Van Vets instead.

21 minutes ago, Rhavien said:

Also noticed that DC intercessors went down to 75 points. Still don't know what to do with them, but they are now cheaper than regular intercessors which is a statement for they usefullness on its own.

The thing is, no one takes Intercessors for their damage output or even their durability. You take them for their ability to sticky Objectives and then hop on to the next one as long as they remain alive. DC Intercessors can't do that and a 6+++ and situational free stratagems is not enough to give them a clear role.

19 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

I am thinking they get more mileage out of a Captain than Dante. S8 on the charge in a SoS Detachment is pretty sweet and you have a free Red Rampage each turn from Rites of Battle. I think that is probably stronger than +1" Charge and +1 to Hit.

Sadly Priests cannot join the Sanguinary Guard  as the 5+++ is probably exactly the shot in the arm they need. My SP will continue to buff my Van Vets instead.

I forgot that's a house ruling lol

1 minute ago, Karhedron said:

The thing is, no one takes Intercessors for their damage output or even their durability. You take them for their ability to sticky Objectives and then hop on to the next one as long as they remain alive. DC Intercessors can't do that and a 6+++ and situational free stratagems is not enough to give them a clear role.

I meant it's a statement in a negative way :biggrin:

2 hours ago, Rhavien said:

I meant it's a statement in a negative way :biggrin:

Oh don't worry, I completely agree. I was just thinking out loud really. Firstborn DC have a clear role as a hammer unit but Primaris are hamstrung by their lack of wargear options. Whether DC Jump Assault Intercessors become worth taking is something we will have to wait and see in the Codex. Jump Intercessors are already priced to move and do pretty well in an SOS Detachment but there doesn't seem to be much of a niche between them and Van Vets.

3 hours ago, Karhedron said:

think it depends on the size of game, in smaller games their free intervention helped them protect other units, I have quite enjoyed them honestly BUT they dont do a huge huge amount.

The Death Company Dread is very playable now, my 2000 point list went up 5 points.  DC JP didn't need a points increase.  It's not as if we have been dominating the meta, our good units got a points increase  while cheaper SG are still very fragile T4 marines who cost more than DC and die as quickly.  DC JP are still way better than SG.  I'm indifferent this points change is swings and roundabouts.  Grateful for the DC dread points drop.

Edited by Ash
Grammer

1 hour ago, Ash said:

The Death Company Dread is very playable now, my 2000 point list went up 5 points.  DC JP didn't need a points increase.  It's not as if we have been dominating the meta, our good units got a points increase  while cheaper SG are still very fragile T4 marines who cost more than DC and die as quickly.  DC JP are still way better than SG.  I'm indifferent this points change is swings and roundabouts.  Grateful for the DC dread points drop.

JJ DC are paying for the sins of "Here's 10 power fists and 10 Inferno pistols, good luck surviving."

Yes, 95% of DC squads arent those load outs, but they have to balance for the strongest possible loadouts. 

If only there was a way to balance it. You know, like a base unit cost and then an equipment cost. I wonder why this hasn't been tried before.

/sigh :down::facepalm:

It's a moot point anyway. We're in the era of single Datasheet loadouts with no/minimal options and they want to do away with the Firstborn stuff anyway :cry:

After the pts update, I think something like this will do pretty well

Spoiler

10th Test (2000 points)

Space Marines
Blood Angels
Strike Force (2000 points)
Sons of Sanguinius

CHARACTERS

Captain with Jump Pack (105 points)
  • Warlord
  • 1x Plasma pistol
    1x Power fist
  • Enhancement: Artisan of War

Lemartes (120 points)
  • 1x Bolt Pistol
    1x The Blood Crozius

Techmarine (55 points)
  • 1x Forge bolter
    1x Grav-pistol
    1x Omnissian power axe
    1x Servo-arm

The Sanguinor (140 points)
  • 1x Encarmine broadsword

OTHER DATASHEETS

Assault Intercessors with Jump Packs (80 points)
  • 1x Assault Intercessor Sergeant with Jump Pack
    • 1x Plasma pistol
      1x Power fist
  • 4x Assault Intercessors with Jump Packs
    • 4x Astartes chainsword
      3x Heavy bolt pistol
      1x Plasma pistol

Assault Intercessors with Jump Packs (80 points)
  • 1x Assault Intercessor Sergeant with Jump Pack
    • 1x Plasma pistol
      1x Power fist
  • 4x Assault Intercessors with Jump Packs
    • 4x Astartes chainsword
      3x Heavy bolt pistol
      1x Plasma pistol

Baal Predator (125 points)
  • 1x Armoured tracks
    1x Baal flamestorm cannon
    2x Heavy flamer
    1x Hunter-killer missile
    1x Storm bolter

Baal Predator (125 points)
  • 1x Armoured tracks
    1x Baal flamestorm cannon
    2x Heavy flamer
    1x Hunter-killer missile
    1x Storm bolter

Death Company Marines with Jump Packs (280 points)
  • 10x Death Company Marine with Jump Pack
    • 10x Inferno pistol
      10x Power fist

Infiltrator Squad (100 points)
  • 1x Infiltrator Sergeant
    • 1x Bolt pistol
      1x Close combat weapon
      1x Marksman bolt carbine
  • 4x Infiltrator
    • 4x Bolt pistol
      4x Close combat weapon
      1x Helix Gauntlet
      4x Marksman bolt carbine

Sanguinary Guard (310 points)
  • 10x Sanguinary Guard
    • 8x Encarmine blade
      10x Inferno pistol
      2x Power fist
      1x Sanguinary Banner

Scout Squad (65 points)
  • 1x Scout Sergeant
    • 1x Astartes chainsword
      1x Bolt pistol
      1x Close combat weapon
  • 4x Scout
    • 1x Astartes shotgun
      4x Bolt pistol
      4x Close combat weapon
      2x Combat knife
      1x Scout sniper rifle

Scout Squad (65 points)
  • 1x Scout Sergeant
    • 1x Astartes chainsword
      1x Bolt pistol
      1x Close combat weapon
  • 4x Scout
    • 1x Astartes shotgun
      4x Bolt pistol
      4x Close combat weapon
      2x Combat knife
      1x Scout sniper rifle

Vindicator (175 points)
  • 1x Armoured tracks
    1x Demolisher cannon
    1x Hunter-killer missile
    1x Storm bolter

Vindicator (175 points)
  • 1x Armoured tracks
    1x Demolisher cannon
    1x Hunter-killer missile
    1x Storm bolter

My list went down from 1995 points to 1990. However, since the Brutalis dropped to 160, I'm thinking about replacing my furioso with one. 

that being said, the fact that the DC dread went down 20 points and the furioso stayed out is rather infuriating!

Edited by Paladin777

On 4/26/2024 at 7:58 AM, Jolemai said:

If only there was a way to balance it. You know, like a base unit cost and then an equipment cost. I wonder why this hasn't been tried before.

/sigh :down::facepalm:

It's a moot point anyway. We're in the era of single Datasheet loadouts with no/minimal options and they want to do away with the Firstborn stuff anyway :cry:

Most people aren’t magnetizing or have a bunch of extra models to swap things out, so for the majority of people this is just the better option and makes things easier.