Vision from Sanguinius....ok maybe just post op meds.

Vanguard vets released with our codex. I just had to blurt that out and couldn't type fast enough.

Just a vision I had in-between confusing the recovery nurse with Horus and being discharged.

If you remember all the way back to the 9th edition codex cover it makes a bit of sense. GW has saved up their SM Primaris like for like replacements until last and VV seem the last cab now scouts are out (unless they get kill team, but a BA kill team could be a VV box with decals, similar to scouts not being raven guard models but getting their paint, lore and decals).

Finally it would make sense for GW to mess the box set up by giving us DC and VV in a box set. 

I've been wrong many, many times before but just before Horus checked my blood pressure I swear I saw him with a box.

Sternguard are proper five man squads, so it would be strange for VV not to be. But don't expect to have huge options equipping them. 

@Brother Raul let's find out how strong Sanguinius gift speaks within your blood. I hope the nurse is alright? Maybe go see your local chaplain for guidance. I would suggest painting and meditating for at least one week to get back a proper grip of reality. 

7 hours ago, JeffJedi said:

I just hope DC, Sang Guard and Vanguard don't get turned into 3 man squads on 40mm bases.

DC and Van Vets should be safe, especially VanVets since they are in the main codex. SG might be on shakier ground looking at BladeGuard Vets and the new Inner Circle Companions. We will just have to wait and see I guess.

I’d still personally like to see sanguinary guard go the way of company heroes, 4 man unit with 4 wound each each with something distinctive.

im aware its not everyone’s cup of tea but I always hated people running armies of them anyway lol

11 hours ago, Paladin777 said:

@Inquisitor_Lensovenyou say that, but I've had them put the hurt on some tough targets. You need to go whole hog with the. (10 + SPriest, though a captain is optional) or not at all. 

I mean anything can put the hurt on tough targets with enough attacks, and a unit isn’t good if it requires an HQ upgrade to make them good.

a 310 pt investment to make them good at fighting.

10 VanVets with a Priest can do impressive damage on the charge. Run a 5/5 mix of Storm Shields and Inferno Pistols and they are tanky too with the ability to punch up on tough targets. I often add a Captain too as that bumps them to S8 and offers things like a free Red Rampage, Suddenly those 50 attacks will wound anything in the game on a 4+ (at worst) and even tough infantry like Custodes on a 2+! They are only 20 wounds but they are at least behind a 3+/4++/5+++ which will keep them around long enough to hit something valuable. These guys can easily tear apart anythng up to an Armiger on a charge and can even take up Titanic units if they have been softened up first.

They put 15 wounds on a norn assimilator/emissary (the one with the invulnerable and the 5+++) on the charge, and then killed it in my opponent's turn after that. Sure I rolled well, but the fact that it happened is impressive!

That said, I've had them put in some serious work against some of the toughest targets around, from the emissary, to dreadknights, to Angron, and then be able to take the return fire to the chin like a champ! Treat them like flying terminators and you're really not too far off!

I only partially agree with your statement @Inquisitor_Lensoven. Some otherwise mediocre units can certainly put in some serious work with the right combos. It's called synergy. If you don't believe me, just look at the aggressor/biologis/fire discipline combo!

Edited by Paladin777

Ketamine anesthetic? :teehee: Hope the Op was successful and the recovery is going well. Or else, that you have loads of black paint.. :wink:

So we are talking about the Codex eh? I´ve felt the urge to pick up my Flesh Tearers again, for aquite some time..

On 4/27/2024 at 10:40 PM, Paladin777 said:

They put 15 wounds on a norn assimilator/emissary (the one with the invulnerable and the 5+++) on the charge, and then killed it in my opponent's turn after that. Sure I rolled well, but the fact that it happened is impressive!

That said, I've had them put in some serious work against some of the toughest targets around, from the emissary, to dreadknights, to Angron, and then be able to take the return fire to the chin like a champ! Treat them like flying terminators and you're really not too far off!

I only partially agree with your statement @Inquisitor_Lensoven. Some otherwise mediocre units can certainly put in some serious work with the right combos. It's called synergy. If you don't believe me, just look at the aggressor/biologis/fire discipline combo!

Sure, but aggressors are also pretty good on their own without any leaders which is kinda my point.

i have rarely ever been let down by my aggressors in 8th 9th or 10th, they’re almost always one of my best performing units.

my point is that if a unit is fairly costly but not particularly good, it is still not good if you have to continuously invest points in the forms of leaders and possibly enhancements and CP for stratagems to make them good.