=] EVENT: Call to Arms 2024 [=

5 minutes ago, TheArtilleryman said:

Nice. Planning to go Heresy mad this summer. How many points were needed to win the most painted award last time?

More than the others... :happy:.

Its like a poker game without walls nor ceiling.

45 minutes ago, Bouargh said:

More than the others... :happy:.

It’s like a poker game without walls nor ceiling.

Just found last year’s which was 235… well. My whole lot of HH that I just picked up is only about 100, so it’s gonna be an uphill battle, that one :)

Well.... I was waiting for this...

Last year I vowed big across all three and failed on two and was down to the last minute on the Imperium side.  I learned a couple of valuable lessons and, honestly, I think how much I pushed myself is part of my current hobby burn out. 

So this year... I am going to likely do exactly the same...  Well, something very similar.  I know my own limits more and am not going to push quite so hard.  And likely police my own time more.

So this month now becomes an easier month to easy back into the habits of painting and maybe get some prep work done in advance as that was one of by biggest killers last year.  I think it took me nearly a month at the start to just get the models prepped and ready to go.

Still I painted more models across the Call then I did the rest of the year combined so lets bring it on...

Posted (edited)

Perfect timing! I need to fill in several gaps in my collection if I'm going to be able to properly field each of the detachments in the new Ork codex. Now I just need GW to get stuff back in stock :rolleyes:

Edited by andes

Guess I will bring my Angstrom Red Scorpions up to 2k. Will have to toss some guys in the Awesome vat to clean off their current paint schemes.  

Quick question Grot. Last year the Call was three months (1st July to 30th September) This year it’s only two. Is that intentional? It so that sucks as I doing think I will be able to go as overboard as I had hoped… :tongue:

On 5/5/2024 at 12:38 AM, Brother Argent said:

I know my own limits more and am not going to push quite so hard.  And likely police my own time more.

Burnout is horrible, so is the helpless feeling from having too much to do - Just remember you can make multiple vows, a few smaller vows might be better than the mega vows you normally go for, and you get the dopamine kick from completing them more often also! 

Edited by Xenith

32 minutes ago, TheArtilleryman said:

@Grotsmasha Can we earn points for painting stuff like this? McPharlane/Ban Dai/Joy Toys. I know you like your Chibis too.

IMG_3859.thumb.jpeg.03b02e6ca5d890d597d81928a6a74d99.jpeg

I'm happy to allow it, I'll ask the rest of the team what they think for points, but I'm inclined to put it at about 10.