image.png.2187a5a472942982273a98916800e917.png

Yesterday, I found this web called New Recruit. It's an online list Builder for several wargames, like W40K, Horus Heresy, WhTOW, Kill Team, AoS,...and other non-Warhammer games. They said also this is compatible with Battle Scribe, and it's multi-platform. Even more, they say this is fully compatible with Warhall, a 3D miniature game simulator.

It's online, as web and app, and offline. And free to use (You can upgrade to Pro, paying of course and gain access to extra features and benefits).

This is the presentation:

"New Recruit is a modern, free, web based army builder.

Historically New Recruit was only available for The 9th Age Fantasy Battles. Over the years New Recruit has been recognised as the best army builder for The 9th Age by thousands of people and it is now available for many more game systems like Warhammer 40k, Warhammer The Old World, Age of Sigmar, Horus Heresy, Kill Team, Warhammer Armies Project..."

And, finally, they have other extras like Wiki, Ladder,...

Just for your consideration 

I've found it's far better than battlescribe, which always lagged massively for me, and anything GW has put out so far. I've thrown it to a few of my friends who are into some form of wargaming and they've liked it.

It's alright- I don't like its interface or list display quite as much as BS, but when BS finally gives up the ghost I'll probably switch over permanently. 

6 hours ago, Lord_Ikka said:

It's alright- I don't like its interface or list display quite as much as BS, but when BS finally gives up the ghost I'll probably switch over permanently. 

I found this when using it on my phone. However it worked really well on my tablet. I used it for a heresy game last week and it really helped with my dark mech force. Loads of unfamiliar rules. 

Posted (edited)

I just gave it a whirl, and it seems quite decent, although the UI seems to have its foibles. One thing I couldn't work out how to do was to display the list in "print mode" (for want of a better expression). :blush: 

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

I like it a a list builder. The UI does take a bit of getting used to, especially if you’re moving over from Battlescribe and there’s room for improvements in some areas but overall it’s fairly straightforward when you get the hang of it.

I really like the export options it has. I love that you can export it so that it acts as a list and rules compilation for the game so everything is in one place. It makes the actual games much more streamlined as you have all the USRs from the main rulebook and whatever army book you’re using that apply to your list on one document. It also provides a handy summary of all your unit and weapon stats on the sheet.

Overall it’s a really great product, especially as it’s free. 

30 minutes ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

I just gave it a whirl, and it seems quite decent, although the UI seems to have its foibles. One thing I couldn't work out how to do was to display the list in "print mode" (for want of a better expression). :blush: 

You have to export it to see it in anything other than the list builder or game mode. The best options are the pdf ones. The ‘Text’ option is a bit of let down to be honest, it’s not super clear from it but the pdf ones are good:

IMG_7924.jpeg

IMG_7925.jpeg

IMG_7926.png

One heads-up for people- if you are trying to install the app on something like a samsung tablet, make sure you use a browser like Firefox or Chrome rather than the default browser, as those browsers will allow you to Install App on the settings menu in the browser. Found that out the hard way...

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2024 at 10:53 AM, No Foes Remain said:

You can also just make a free account, then it saves all your lists that you make so you don't have to worry about downloading them.

This is a great point and what really sold me on it. I'm logged in on 3 different devices and can see and tweak all my saved lists across them. 

I'd say for 40K the official app is actually probably the best option these days - the latests updates are pretty good. But for 30K, Legions Imperialis, ToW etc I exclusively use New Recruit now.