Thinking Past the "Structure Heavy" Terrain Meta

Ok so, if you exclude titans and knights (and flyers) the majority of units in LI aren't particularly tall. Classic isometric rts games wanted to provide players a nice clear view of the battlefield while still simulating aspects of line of sight, and also very clear/telegraphed pathing for units, think open vs impassable terrain. I've been trying to focus on my terrain collection which, mostly comprised of a lot of small scatter terrain and I wanted to consolidate a bunch of it. I wanted to make some hills/cliff/big los blockers that were not appreciably tall in the context of titans or knights, but as mentioned in the context of infantry/tanks/walkers/cavalry, still appreciably tall enough to hopefully block los entirely. Some I wanted clear ramps/pathing so even vehicles were able to navigate up to higher levels, again taking inspiration from classic RTS topography, the rest of the hills/cliffs I wanted to be essentially off limits to ground vehicles. I consolidate a lot of my low cover/barricades on to larger bases and glued them down. A problem in recent games was the small barricades were easily pushed around by the slightest movement of the table or errant hand. Ruins and other loose pieces have been glued down to larger bases so if used as area terrain will have clear delineation of which models in a detachment are wholly within or out, With the imminent arrival of jetbikes and landspeeders, terrain like this feels appropriate to really help the units with skimmer feel unique. With the current meta of infantry being slowed by very little to nothing, including treating uncopied structures as open terrain, the hope here would be to make skimmers and jump infantry feel like they bring something unique to the table. I'll leave you with my terrible photoshop sketch of the vibe I'm aiming for in terms of classic isometric rts topography/board/terrain.

_DSC5114.JPG

_DSC5116.JPG

_DSC5118.JPG

_DSC5121.JPG

_DSC5126.JPG

_DSC5127.JPG

_DSC5128.JPG

_DSC5130.JPG

_DSC5131.JPG

_DSC5132.JPG

_DSC5135.JPG

_DSC5136.JPG