Project Re Launch: Vashtorr / Iron Warriors back on the Table

I have used the Hellbrute as an Aura buffer during most of the index time, but is it worth it now? When the fishing for 5+ sustained and Lethal hits, I found it ok, but now I am not that sure.  I'l probably use Dark pact a lot less, and save my command points for other stuff. I don't know how many time I had to re-roll failed Dark pacts which might kill my hellbrute. One of my opponents claimed that I damaged my army more than him, as I can't manage to roll a successful Dark Pact ever.

For the same amount of points you can hava maulerfiend, and that will make many opponents get a bit wary of what to kill first.

Cpt.Danjou

i mean those are also how it seems to be for this new codex too. mines in my maby pile but then  it did so much work for me in supporting my vindicator and predator both boons and support fighting. multimeltas a bit moot and i really wanted the las cannon on it instead but is that worth taking at all now im unsure. but then im still considering other suboptimal choices regardless. i think i likely will keep it in for now due to a kill it first rep it gained... 

Firstly... I had no idea you could CP re roll a Dark Pact check!

Secondly, the Helbrute definitely has a 'kill it first' banner on it now. I don't think because of it's power, but more the ability and the low defense. It becomes a fast, easy kill. It is certainly no "Redemptor" level threat.

I think with the changes to Defilers they might be the secret sauce right now. Especially in the Daemon engine detachment with that strat. It's funny watching how people dodge it when they know it can haul right through a building as long as you have a CP.

Again the Venom Crawlers are solid,but in three games now I found the +1 Strength from Vashtorr to be significant in improving their threat level. (+1 to wound on top of the added strength just came into play more than I thought.)

42 minutes ago, Prot said:

Firstly... I had no idea you could CP re roll a Dark Pact check!

Secondly, the Helbrute definitely has a 'kill it first' banner on it now. I don't think because of it's power, but more the ability and the low defense. It becomes a fast, easy kill. It is certainly no "Redemptor" level threat.

I think with the changes to Defilers they might be the secret sauce right now. Especially in the Daemon engine detachment with that strat. It's funny watching how people dodge it when they know it can haul right through a building as long as you have a CP.

Again the Venom Crawlers are solid,but in three games now I found the +1 Strength from Vashtorr to be significant in improving their threat level. (+1 to wound on top of the added strength just came into play more than I thought.)

Derp! Now when reading command re-roll stratagem it seems like you can't, that would have saved me a lot of wasted CP. Does not matter as it was my opponent who told me I could use the stratagem, and we continued using it in my group. 

I am such an idiot sometimes.

Cpt. Danjou

• 2 weeks later...