Picked up a few of old White Dwarf mags with DA history

I bought a few old WD mags with some cool DA history in/on them.  White Dwarf 96 from Dec 1987, the first mention of the Ravenwing.  Apparently they were the 7th Company to start with which I never knew.  This is the WD where they called the Lion Lynol Jacobsen or Lynol Jonsen.  This was after RT calling him Lynn Elgonsen.

IMG_1055.thumb.jpg.542e6a9e1d96a8bf391c402339aeec61.jpg

Picked this one up cause, well, it was cheap and had Ravenwing on the cover.

IMG_1051.thumb.jpg.aaab7c5c21d2e4699a359c9874080922.jpg

I was also able to pick up September of 1989 number 117.  The famous Jim Burns art that turned the DAs green whether he intended to  or not.

IMG_1052.thumb.jpg.65e05b20fdb41fd6bd256cebc44d5cb7.jpg

When I was a kid, this was one of the two pictures that was what Space Marines were to me.  The other was RT cover of course.

IMG_1053.thumb.jpg.c3bed28bf9a19eecb88dd24a282b4c0d.jpg

Ah the Al Pacino - or Scarface Dark Angel. :wink:

Not read those odler ones but the 155 issue was in the pile at my old club. I often checked the older issues out but read 156 (iirc) more as it had Space Wolves, you know, the tougher Chapter..:biggrin:

I did now know it was Codex: Angels of Death that sorted the Ravenwing. I actually thought it was earlier.. They were mentioned before that though, right? I thought some of the special stuff was set up in that Epic box Armies of the Imperium, but maybe not that?

Nice memories - and as my brother loved the Dark Angels and I played Space Wolves we always bickered about who was best, of course...

2 hours ago, Wolf Lord Duregar said:

Ah the Al Pacino - or Scarface Dark Angel. :wink:

Not read those odler ones but the 155 issue was in the pile at my old club. I often checked the older issues out but read 156 (iirc) more as it had Space Wolves, you know, the tougher Chapter..:biggrin:

I did now know it was Codex: Angels of Death that sorted the Ravenwing. I actually thought it was earlier.. They were mentioned before that though, right? I thought some of the special stuff was set up in that Epic box Armies of the Imperium, but maybe not that?

Nice memories - and as my brother loved the Dark Angels and I played Space Wolves we always bickered about who was best, of course...

The first picture is the first mention of the Ravenwing.  It’s from WD 96 published 1987.

As far as tougher, it reminds me of the old saying, “If you’re gonna be stupid, you better be tough.”  :yes:

Edited by crimsondave