Substituting Armiger Warglaives for Dreadknights to Save Points

Posted (edited)

Here's a 2K points list I created that comes in at precisely 2K points. No enhancements however....

Has anyone brought warglaives into their lists? They're slightly squishy given 3+ save , but can be put to good use if used intelligently.

I just painted two warglaives up in GK colors with red/white pauldrons and decals. They look great. Thought I'd get them on the table.

2000 Point GK List

Kaldor Draigo (125)

Castellan Crowe (75)

1 Grand Master in Dreadknight Armor (200)

2 Dreadknights (390)

2 Armiger Warglaives (300)

1 Strike Squad (120)

1 Strike Squad (120)

10 Purifiers (250)

10 Brotherhood Terminators (420)

Total 2000

Edited by OverchargeThis!

Not a GK player, but a Knight player- I'm curious as to what are you looking to do with the Warglaives in terms of utility? Personally, the Dreadknights look a bit better all-around than Armigers, as they seem to cover the majority of what either Armigers does separately in one package, making them more desirable. The heavy psycannon is basically on par as a Helverin's autocannons, trading range for extra strength (hitting the S10 breakpoint), and the Greatsword option is comparative to the Warglaives chainsword, less AP but more attacks and more potential damage with the Strike. 45 points extra and 2 less Toughness seems a decent trade for the 2+/4++ instead of 3+/(5++ ranged only). If its just a points issue, I get it, but I'm honestly curious about the reasoning.

Firstly, Dread Knights are about 45 points more per model.

For the Warglaives, what I like is the melta lance. It helps to cover weaknesses with regards to killing armor. GK are lousy in that role. They have comparable melee ability and are a bit faster. Overall, I think they synergize with the list nicely, whilst being lower points.