Abaddon Statue finished: a 23 year journey.

I present my Abaddon statue in all his chaos glory! After 23ish years, he is finally finished. And just in time for the Chaos codex release just 7 editions too late... :laugh:
It's been an off and on process, with the base having been finished about 2010 then left "until I was good enough to finish it". Fast forward 11 years (and two house moves) and I thought I'd better just get it done as I'm as good as I'll ever be (not painting anything doesn't make you a better painter. Who knew?) so bashed on with it after work for a good few months between November 2021 to February 2022 and got him probably 98% finished when life happened again. So he sat for another couple year (and another house move) and I decided now is the time to get him across the finish line. One personal criticism are that I'm not 100% happy with drach'nyen, as that's what I started with in 2021, so maybe will touch it up again later, but it'll do for now. 

Abaddon-Full.thumb.JPG.e90aa129f5db8bb3020518542880cfc9.JPG

Abaddon-Face.thumb.JPG.923e6e28d9269b33042a24d2cc15d7a7.JPG

Abaddon-Rear.thumb.JPG.c77ad999be27d1cb98ff87e4b49e1e56.JPG

Abaddon-LeftShoulder.thumb.JPG.9bfc8818e07dac3df42a43db1464f710.JPG

Abaddon-RightShoulder.thumb.JPG.e70dc54069c37c2c654768c135b39bcc.JPG

Abaddon-Legs.thumb.JPG.8eb43af9dd16dfde75a52ce7fbd10c07.JPG

Wow 23 years… that’s probably older than some kids on this forum are aged :laugh:.

i remember seeing that model in one of the GW stores some staff member was painting (many years ago as well) looks pretty awesome !!:wub:

well done on getting a completion on a very long overdue piece :tongue:

cheers, Mithril

1 hour ago, MithrilForge said:

Wow 23 years… that’s probably older than some kids on this forum are aged :laugh:.

i remember seeing that model in one of the GW stores some staff member was painting (many years ago as well) looks pretty awesome !!:wub:

well done on getting a completion on a very long overdue piece :tongue:

cheers, Mithril

Thanks!

It's been the obvious cherry on top of my pile of shame cake, silently judging me for all that time :laugh:

Now I've got the Space marine Statue (from profile pic) to sit unfinished for another few years!