40K Terrain Coming to Made to Order

The only 40k element on the Sunday  preview (aside from black library releasing a HH omnibus):

Made to Order: Warhammer 40,000 Terrain

WYAEF74tsiDpBBmH.thumb.jpg.b0465829cc436c0e2b2cc6fc87bb0a14.jpglErm9W0i3wGIJ1C6.thumb.jpg.0c60fc97792cba5bb9e00a645fc87058.jpgtQxTdD6xzNfYzRvt.thumb.jpg.4d30260d438e298118c0c86e5230fb2a.jpgdVO9cvVfRPf7FEV6.thumb.jpg.edc22edfa8b28d4052dc13679f517340.jpg

Spice up your 41st Millennium battlefields with a range of classic Warhammer 40,000 terrain returning on a Made to Order basis, starting with a Void Shield Generator complete with functioning cogs that can be left unglued and rotated. The Sub-cloister and Storage Fane set is an all-purpose pair of ruined Imperial buildings, while Plasma Regulators and Conservators make for great scatter terrain between larger buildings.

k3tpqjJ9Ln91qvCW.thumb.jpg.472b405606d06a4731305573abb42191.jpgVi3zJ024OprsZeT6.thumb.jpg.6e5467cdea4b7665c72ce5ccb36fd51b.jpgyM9QDaLCbZ1A0eRs.thumb.jpg.3fdfd67b5ade9e5200c69d5eb9d339df.jpgNJCWXlMGjoceP5Ng.thumb.jpg.042176e035a7b36237aab647f498fc5a.jpg

If you want to give your battlefield the air of an industrial hub or forge world, four returning kits from the Battlezone: Mechanicus range are the perfect way to add some brutal Imperial architecture. The Ferratonic Furnace and Pyrolation Incinerator add high gantries and ample vantage points for getting the drop on your opponents, while towering Alchomite Stacks and buzzing Haemotrope Reactors provide troops with cover as they advance through the forge.

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2024/05/19/sunday-preview-the-dawnbringers-saga-ends-under-a-cloud-of-chaos/

That sounds about right, i  recall it being substantially more than the planetstrike range, enough that it was offputting even when they were clutch mechanically, and to be fair, released so late most people had scratch built alternatives.

This stuff albeit great terrain was a bit expensive when it was standard, I shudder to think what they’re going to charge for MTO … :sweat:

If you have any of the old pipe sections you can turn them up straight and get some finished deodorant roll on balls from  empty containers and use them as the tops :thumbsup: for a custom void generator 

Having recently picked up the latest kill team terrain that had a furnace in it (with 20% discount it was hard to resist), I really dont 'need' another one as this was my second to add to the terrain I have from Kill team (tau/reivers set)

Ideally I would like another two but I am not sure I can justify how much they will cost. I think they were around £30 a piece before now. 

actually, What I would really have like is more plasma pipes and possibly a couple of the domes (cant think of the name) but I dont need the other part (achomite stack) as I seem to have about 5 of these already. Oh and possilby some ladders/stairs from 'munda would be good

I really want the set with the utility vehicles. I'm not willing to invest in a table's worth of GW terrain but those little machines can find use in many settings.

The generator is great, very 'mad science' and would make an eye-catching objective in all sorts of scenarios but IIRC I already didn't buy because of the price when it was new. History is likely to repeat.

Posted (edited)
On 5/20/2024 at 9:44 PM, The Scorpion said:

There used to be a Warcom article on combining Necromunda terrain with Sector Mechanicus and everything

The scenery guys - Ray Dranfield and Owen Patten, I think - had threads on their Twitter accounts on combining the kits and doing interesting things with them, if I remember correctly.

++EDIT: Bah, it looks like Ray's deleted his Twitter account :sad: 

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

5 hours ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

The scenery guys - Ray Dranfield and Owen Patten, I think - had threads on their Twitter accounts on combining the kits and doing interesting things with them, if I remember correctly.

++EDIT: Bah, it looks like Ray's deleted his Twitter account :sad: 

Archeology in GW/WarCom site also allows resurrecting similar stuff or googling it with "Zone Mortalis Tip" keywords: you can find back stuff. And many blogs have anyway copied / pasted the advices and pics of all these sources.

For example:

combining necromunda sector mechanicus - Recherche Google

combining necromunda sector mechanicus - Recherche Google

And my all times favourite combo:

Necromunda Underhive - House of Chains Pg272 - Page 266 - Forum ...

Should they have put this in MTO, I would have (probably) ordered one fragdrill...

Next time maybe, with GSC Codex release. 

7 minutes ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

I can´t find the "Made to Order" section on the GW website.

It's in the 'New and Exclusive' section:

https://www.warhammer.com/en-GB/new-and-exclusive-lp

These terrain pieces will listed here when they go up on Saturday :smile:

Posted (edited)

The prices seem to be a bit of a jump from what they were previously...

• Alchomite Stack is £40 and was £30
  • Ferratonic Furnace is £40 and was £30 (I think - the Ferratonic Incinerator was £35 in 2019)
  • Plasma Regulators are £25 and were £15

I can't comment on the others as I don't have them (I did some diving through my order history...)

Edited by Firedrake Cordova

1 hour ago, Firedrake Cordova said:

The prices seem to be a bit of a jump from what they were previously...

• Alchomite Stack is £40 and was £30
  • Ferratonic Furnace is £40 and was £30 (I think - the Ferratonic Incinerator was £35 in 2019)
  • Plasma Regulators are £25 and were £15

I can't comment on the others as I don't have them (I did some diving through my order history...)

Unfortunately this is par for the course with MTO now. Whether it be terrain or models, the markup from what they were when they were being sold is nearly always noticeable.