40K Terrain Coming to Made to Order

I have a small scenery wishlist and the void shield generator is on it so I will pick one up. 

my flgs normally grants 20% off gw line items and 10% off direct only, but tells me that the MTO doesn’t allow them to offer any discount.  Anyone else heard similar?

On 5/25/2024 at 4:51 AM, Lord Marshal said:

Unfortunately this is par for the course with MTO now. Whether it be terrain or models, the markup from what they were when they were being sold is nearly always noticeable. 

I didn't find the 40k ork MTOs too bad. The old world one wasn't too bad either although due to the ork ones, hobby funds were dead. 

However, the LOTR one and this terrain one have been eye watering.

MtO is starting to look like more a cashgrab scheme than anything else.

I probably don't understand something about it but my idea is that if they print only with a order, the printed product should cost less(or his "old" price when it was not MtO) since they even have zero surplus.

Most of the terrains are very cool but they vanish or you have this trash deal if you want one.

Just keep all terrains in MtO with a reasonable price and it will be awesome. Dreaming, am I right?

It's so strange because the old world MTOs are such good prices, when every other one is so utterly expensive. I guess for these, possible GW don't want too many orders, as it involves human and production resources being diverted from other tasks if too many orders are made?

1 hour ago, Alby the Slayer said:

MtO is starting to look like more a cashgrab scheme than anything else.

I probably don't understand something about it but my idea is that if they print only with a order, the printed product should cost less(or his "old" price when it was not MtO) since they even have zero surplus.

Most of the terrains are very cool but they vanish or you have this trash deal if you want one.

Just keep all terrains in MtO with a reasonable price and it will be awesome. Dreaming, am I right?

My thoughts too. Riding on the FOMO-wave.. The customers knows it is a small window, artificially.. So drop everything else and use money, perhaps needed for more important, real life things.. Very cynical.  All such bad behaviour from GW adds up..

32 minutes ago, MithrilForge said:

…. So very expensive, so not buying any of it… MTNB… made to not buy …

this is the part where I’m torn about my relationship with GW :tongue: 

I love their stuff but hate their greed… 

no sale from me GW … 

That´s why the Tyranids turned away from Earth, in this age.. They saw GW and was afraid to be eaten, swallowed whole, by them.. :wink: