Commissars, do they need a rework?

Posted (edited)

Agree they need a rework.

Are you suggesting an autopass for the battleshock test?

And +1 OC would be OP in my opinion, imagine him joining a 20 man Krieg unit with a Platoon command squad and battle standard bearer attached. The OC on that unit would be 90+ and I would definitely include a couple in my army for that.

Edited by casb1965
Addition

6 hours ago, casb1965 said:

Agree they need a rework.

Are you suggesting an autopass for the battleshock test?

And +1 OC would be OP in my opinion, imagine him joining a 20 man Krieg unit with a Platoon command squad and battle standard bearer attached. The OC on that unit would be 90+ and I would definitely include a couple in my army for that.

Would be 90+ at full strength, but it’s not going to remain remotely full strength for very long, but again, would only happen when the commissar summarily executes a trooper.

maybe balance it out by requiring any officer or sgt to be executed first?

1 hour ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

Would be 90+ at full strength, but it’s not going to remain remotely full strength for very long, but again, would only happen when the commissar summarily executes a trooper.

maybe balance it out by requiring any officer or sgt to be executed first?

I'd take killing a model to get +1 OC knowing that model comes back next command phase and I immediately get +1 to hit whilst shooting.

9 hours ago, Inquisitor_Lensoven said:

I wouldn’t bank on the krieg medic reviving people when the codex comes out.

That is true, he could just revert back to the standard 6+ FNP the other medics give. I'm just basing my thoughts on what we currently have.

I feel the Commisar needs a massive change but struggling to see how without either them becoming too good or not good enough to stop using alternative leaders.

6 hours ago, casb1965 said:

That is true, he could just revert back to the standard 6+ FNP the other medics give. I'm just basing my thoughts on what we currently have.

I feel the Commisar needs a massive change but struggling to see how without either them becoming too good or not good enough to stop using alternative leaders.

If they remove the krieg revive ability, I think executing one model to insta pass battle shock and add 1 to OC to the squad he’s with until the end of your next command phase would make them worth while to take, especially if he keeps VoC.

Posted (edited)
46 minutes ago, sairence said:

I'd love for Commissars to be able to join and order Ogryns and Bullgryns.

That would be pretty great.

it would be cool to have a commissar with an ogryn bodyguard, and then join an ogryn/bullgryn squad.

could be a nice little assault unit.

but I don’t know if that alone would be enough to get me to pick one over a castellan in my list.

if I were building an ogryn heavy list then of course they’d be an autoinclude if they could join them.

Edited by Inquisitor_Lensoven