Lady Haera Helmawr in Spyrer Suit

Well, doesn't that remind you of the Spindle drones from Blackstone Fortress?

I prefer the earlier version of this character (the fur, the skulls, the OTT-ness!), but as a standalone miniature, this looks great. I like that this Spyrer suit looks like the character's legs fit within it – a better solution than the 'we chop off your legs to fit you in' lore of the others.

I like this model...but I prefer the "civilian" model of Lady Haera, with the russian big fur hat. Just soooo many lovely details on that ! Still - I will probably, most likely get this model as well - if I can get my hands on a copy of the Hive Secundus box when it comes out. 

The model is decent, but I have to question if a second version of a character that won't be present in 99% of games is really a good use of resources. If they really must do more named characters rather than finishing off the glaring gaps in the generic section of the range, then there are plenty of other characters both old and new awaiting their first sculpt. Plus her original sculpt is leagues above this one.

Posted (edited)

Like the model overall but not the head. It looks like a poor version of Angron :laugh:

Wonder if it can face swap or have a mask alternative?

@Toxichobbit yeah totally would love to see Wilcox Cinderjack as he still hasn't got a model.

Edited by Captain Idaho

Ooof, its not bad exactly, but its a significant downgrade on her original model, though it may just be that awful metallic green scheme making things look bad again, well, that and the original being a stone cold classic.

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, Toxichobbit said:

The model is decent, but I have to question if a second version of a character that won't be present in 99% of games is really a good use of resources. If they really must do more named characters rather than finishing off the glaring gaps in the generic section of the range, then there are plenty of other characters both old and new awaiting their first sculpt. Plus her original sculpt is leagues above this one.

I often get the impression that this consideration just doesn't come up at all. Across all ranges, it seems like they're designing based on rule of cool.

"Hey submit some designs you're working on by end of month".

"Ok"

"We like these two"

"Ok"

All this would be fine if they hadn't switched to this idea that options for builds shouldn't exist without existing kits to support official models of those builds.

I don't assert that the above conversation is how things are happening, but I'm at a loss to explain how the process might work, as there obviously is no top down push to prioritize rules that have no model support or even to replace older first before redesigning new ones. First In First Out is a nice rule from the restaurant industry, and to me it ought to apply in some sense here involving how time is spent on model design.

But what do I know?

Edit: It is a cool model, though.

Edited by bloodhound23

Don't like the colors- no real Spire noble would be caught dead wearing knock-off colors of the lower classes! Model itself is ok, will probably get one or two to convert to Spyrer Matriach/Patriach counts-as. 

Posted (edited)

want to like it, but nah. It's weird because I mostly think the Necromunda stuff knocks it out of the park.

I also don't really think special characters of this "level" makes a lot of sense for Necromunda, honestly. But I'd like to use it as a cool spyrer variant, except it just somehow doesn't look very good :confused:

Edited by Antarius

22 hours ago, Captain Idaho said:

Like the model overall but not the head. It looks like a poor version of Angron :laugh:

Wonder if it can face swap or have a mask alternative?

@Toxichobbit yeah totally would love to see Wilcox Cinderjack as he still hasn't got a model.

Yeah I like the model, but like you, immediately thought of Angron.  I think if I got it , I'd convert the head to have the porcelain mask face of a Harlequin or Jade Obelisk or something, to make it seem more inhuman.  And obviously run it as a generic House Catallus Matriarch, as the only Lady Haera model is the OG Lady Haera, with her fur collar and armoured pannier skirt!

Now we just need them to make her brother in a new suit (not the Malcadon suit mentioned in Ruins of Jardlan) that closely resembles ye olde Patriarch model and then we can create a Spyrer gang!

I don't dislike the miniature, but it doesn't really give across the idea of being one of the most important characters for Necromunda at all. The previous miniature had a great style that gave a good impression of what she was like and being a Noble, this just looks like a slightly bigger version of the standard Spyrer suit with no real sense of anything more than that. Doesn't look anything obviously special.

Great mini, face could be better, but I like it more than some of the other newer female faces. I think it’s mostly because it reminds me of a world eater.

This character doesn’t seem that compelling to me and I’m so new to Necromunda. Is she supposed to be a leader for a gang?

18 hours ago, brother_b said:

Great mini, face could be better, but I like it more than some of the other newer female faces. I think it’s mostly because it reminds me of a world eater.

This character doesn’t seem that compelling to me and I’m so new to Necromunda. Is she supposed to be a leader for a gang?

As @Emperor Mingmentioned, she's the de facto Planetary Governor.

To get a better idea of what she should look like, have a look at her real miniature here: Lady Haera Helmawr