@Mazer Rackham Still confused on the status of power armour since I skimmed something about mix and match and loincloths and am still catching up… can I ask you to just roll and post/ pm me the armor marks / parts , BC armor history ? 

I think I’ll go against my usual high concept approach here and take a hint from the rolls / stuff at hand first and go from there … trying to to avoid clogging the character process with to much baggage this time :wink:

Hmm- I'm guessing that the Chaos symbol pendant and unholy tomes are just flavor items, as I don't see them doing anything (unless the chaos pendant is actually an Unholy Icon, in which case it very much does something for Crux'as). 

5 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Yes, but you 'liberate' whatever your choices are during the riot/escape and subsequent 'recruitment' into the Corsairs.

Presumably characters retain any cybernetic alternations such as black blood and potentia coils ?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Xin Ceithan said:

@Mazer Rackham Still confused on the status of power armour since I skimmed something about mix and match and loincloths and am still catching up… can I ask you to just roll and post/ pm me the armor marks / parts , BC armor history ? 

Yes mate, no worries - my fault for changing my mind half way through :tongue:

For clarity, from now on for Chargen, Space Marines will do armour as in the BC Core book. Once that is complete, I will discuss armour customisations with the Player, and also do the damage rolls.

1 hour ago, Xin Ceithan said:

I think I’ll go against my usual high concept approach here and take a hint from the rolls / stuff at hand first and go from there … trying to to avoid clogging the character process with to much baggage this time :wink:

Chaos is random. Embrace the Bedlam.

37 minutes ago, Lord_Ikka said:

Hmm- I'm guessing that the Chaos symbol pendant and unholy tomes are just flavor items, as I don't see them doing anything (unless the chaos pendant is actually an Unholy Icon, in which case it very much does something for Crux'as). 

Well the gear is part of your 'fluff ensemble' like an Imperial Primer, but you could of course carry some secret sigil of your patron, or perversely perhaps carry something from him as an imposition or  physical reminder of your bond.

16 minutes ago, A.T. said:

Presumably characters retain any cybernetic alternations such as black blood and potentia coils ?

Yes, anything like that puts you in the 'high risk' category, as described previously, so you would be in a higher security zone. Obviously to start with your potentia coils will have some kind of inhibitor that requires removal for proper function. Such a procedure could be painful, but I'm sure you scar well...

On a GM note, thanks for filling in your sheets everyone who has done so far. I'll get round to looking over them this weekend and I'll be PM'ing to finalise. Once that's done, I'll open up the character thread.

Does that work for everyone?

Edited by Mazer Rackham
Answers

13 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Obviously to start with your potentia coils will have some kind of inhibitor that requires removal for proper function. Such a procedure could be painful, but I'm sure you scar well...

Pain is for the weak :p

7 hours ago, Mazer Rackham said:

Just  a note on XP - it's as per Core, so 500xp for Marines, 1,000xp for Mortals. Further, my stance is your guy comes with all the starting talents listed for the archetype, as having to buy 'em is twaddle

Presumably the skills are still either/or though ?

Just now, A.T. said:

Pain is for the weak :p

The gods are pleased with your sacrifice.

Just now, A.T. said:

Presumably the skills are still either/or though ?

Yep, that's all normal, as per Core. Pick and pluck as you will. The only reason I stipulated that is because sometimes Marine players generate like 38 Strength, which doesn't match the pre-requisite for Bulging Biceps, which is a Starting Talent, and wanted to avoid confusion and the discussion about having to buy stuff to meet the requirement...

Character sheet mostly filled in, a few TBD choices marked in red for now. Spent 700XP on Navigation (Surface) and a simple BS and Ag Advance.

Bargaining time...

May I trade in the starting Best-Craftsmanship Lasgun for a Best-Craftsmanship Long-Las?

Renegade come with either Best Craftsmanship Chainsword or Common-Craftsmanship Power Mace.

I don’t have Weapon Training (Power), though I could buy it if needed, and a chainswords hardly seems stealthy. So, Could I have a Best Craftsmanship Mono edged Axe instead?

For my gear picks, and going with the scout/marksman theme I am going with Cameleoline Cloak (Rare) and Preysense Goggles (Very rare (but as a single item the +10 pushes it back into the -10 category so ok I think).

47 minutes ago, Trokair said:

Bargaining time...

May I trade in the starting Best-Craftsmanship Lasgun for a Best-Craftsmanship Long-Las?

I'll let you trade it for a Common craftsmanship Long-las.

Renegade come with either Best Craftsmanship Chainsword or Common-Craftsmanship Power Mace.

I don’t have Weapon Training (Power), though I could buy it if needed, and a chainswords hardly seems stealthy. So, Could I have a Best Craftsmanship Mono edged Axe instead?

Not outrageous, yes, the axe swap is fine.

For my gear picks, and going with the scout/marksman theme I am going with Cameleoline Cloak (Rare) and Preysense Goggles (Very rare (but as a single item the +10 pushes it back into the -10 category so ok I think).

Yes, that's ok.

Posted (edited)

Oh, forgot about the gear picks/upgrades. Ok, mine will be simple since Crux'as is not really a gear guy, he works with people.

1. Multikey

2. Upgrade sword with mono and duelist's grip, if possible. I think it works, as you are allowed to get a piece of gear at a total modifier of -10: the best-craftmanship sword would technically start at -20 for its craftsmanship and go up by +10 for a single item for quantity. Each modification increases the availability of the item, the sword goes from Common +20, to Scarce +0. So the total would be 0 (availability) + 10 (quantity) - 20 (craftsmanship) for a total of -10 modifiers. Correct?

Not really expecting this gear to last, or the Smiler to really be the one fighting, but you have to have an appropriate weapon to blend in to the more...elevated class, don't you? 

I mean, even with Balanced and the grip, his parry is 30...

Edited by Lord_Ikka
Wow, lots of spelling/grammar errors. Time for bed!

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, Lord_Ikka said:

I mean, even with Balanced and the grip, his parry is 30...

Gear is fine - and yes - get thee hence to bed!

Edited by Mazer Rackham

Posted (edited)

Placeholder values for the heretek. No gear other than a whole lot of cybernetics (for the purposes of missing one item when the group escapes he will be short one best quality las-carbine).

His minion is a shriveled, near-blind, parasitic, 'half' servitor that isn't nearly as permanently attached as it would appear to be.

A few non-standard (and very optional) things currently - particularly the integrated xenarch death arc for sith style 'lightning fingers' as a cursed heirloom (radicals handbook, basic, S/3/5, 1d10+3 Pen 0, inaccurate, shocking, combined shot)

Edited by A.T.

So I have had this mini of the month from last year (some Warcry or Underworld thing) that I think could be put to good use here. Some Krieg and Votann bits should do nicely to round things out (the axe with strap and blade cover especially). May even try to use one of the plastic Solar Auxillary rifles instead of a krieg one.  

Spoiler

image.png.0ba79ee64a4c284151a145e3ab92ec7f.png

1 hour ago, A.T. said:

A few non-standard (and very optional) things currently - particularly the integrated xenarch death arc for sith style 'lightning fingers' as a cursed heirloom (radicals handbook, basic, S/3/5, 1d10+3 Pen 0, inaccurate, shocking, combined shot)

Whilst I personally like the idea, and plumbing the Radical's Handbook is a clever delve, sadly I'm not sure about it in that incarnation from a GM perspective.

The Handbook has the weapon at S/3/6, so I'll approve it with the following modifications:

1. It stays as FA 5
  2. If you fire it on FA, it gains the Recharge Weapon Quality (I take it you're running this off your Potentia Coil?)

It is radical/heretek bodge, after all.

Thoughts? If you've got an alternative, let me know.

Players are reminded that once you're out and about, improving your equipment is always possible.

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, Mazer Rackham said:

The Handbook has the weapon at S/3/6, so I'll approve it with the following modifications:

1. It stays as FA 5
  2. If you fire it on FA, it gains the Recharge Weapon Quality (I take it you're running this off your Potentia Coil?)

The max 5 shots was a mis-read on my part, but I am fine with the lower rate until I can upgrade it - the odds of my mortal character hitting even 5 shots with BCs full auto rules is zero (-10 to hit rather than +20 in other versions and its inaccurate so I can't even aim it) so this is all style and very little substance early on, but with potential as an upgraded weapon somewhere down the line.

(by somewhere down the line I mean when the character has a ton of armour and a powerful enough forcefield to dare poke his head out from behind the astartes meatshields)

Edited by A.T.

Slowly building.

See the Big Red Ball, See Kraggan

Kraggan was attracted to the Ad Mech or so he initially thought. He could make things like the Big Ball, he liked them best as Red though.

He liked the axes too.

But for some reason there was never enough Red...

Going to use this guy as a base for Crux'as. Will change the hands and head, but will keep the shoulder-lizard (maybe a future daemon-minion?). I think it will fit the idea of a more subtle provocateur and instigator, rather than a firebrand cult leader.

01.jpg?fm=webp&w=1200&h=1200

Posted (edited)

Ah...one starting weapon/item gone eh? I'll get rid of the laspistol- Crux'as will be better served with the multikey, armor, and sword than a gun. Annoying, as now he'll either be on the front lines or shouting at everyone else to hate said enemies, but as the Gods will...

Maybe we can scrounge up something for him later.

Edited by Lord_Ikka

After hammering all the stuff together for your perusal, the Data/Character thread is now open.

Please make sure you DO NOT post your builds there. It's for fluff and pictures/model images only. You MUST complete your Character sheets with all this information, please do not leave it here, and refer to it here, as you will need to update it.

If you cannot access your chargen sheet, you should PM me with an email address that is compatible with Googledocs, so you can edit your own sheets to keep the admin down for me. I have already agreed to fiddle with a few bits for people, but I would hope you can row this particular boat yourself! :tongue:

(Even if it will be different directions..!)

Hagga of the Red Corsairs. 

Mentioned in conversation in a back alley. 

"This better not be Haga!" 

"I would sell Haga to a Slayer such as you?" 

Sigh.

I just made something up that I thought sounded vaguely barbarian-ish. Have I inadvertently used something that already is something?

Posted (edited)

Not to my knowledge, but then I only frequent dark alleys as Batman.

Thankfully your Barbarian sounds pretty gruff and stuff. When I make things up they usually turn out to be Pokemon! :biggrin:

EDIT: I got you guys a present.

Edited by Mazer Rackham