Campaigns in the Age of Darkness: The Martian Civil War

On 7/10/2024 at 7:41 PM, Lord Marshal said:

To be fair, I definitely see "snarf snarf I bet it's more Imperial Fist models amirite?" more than I do including Sons of Horus outside of the specific reveals. While people absolutely complain and snark about the latter getting to much love, that IF Praetor resculpt really riled up people something fierce when it came to the Fits - even though SoH received two more characters in Beta-Garmon and Imperial Fists didn't. 

I think its a much different story as Sons *should* be front an center since the whole thing is named after their primarch, plus they really need some in-game love.

Fists on the other Hand seem somewhat arbitrarily chosen and coupled with black libraries questionable choices it gives of fifth edition *everyone wants to be an ultramarine* vibes. 

They also have effectively more stuff and especially more useful stuff rules-wise, hence the eye-rolling

39 minutes ago, Razorblade said:

coupled with black libraries questionable choices 

What choices by BL? Especially since the only texts released during the new edition were the latter parts of the siege, and Cthonia's Reckoning, a tie in to the (delayed) Cthonia campaign book and thus a good new edition tie-in. Even before the 2022, the BL representation of the Fists was pretty much where you'd expect (ie the solar system and phall), with perhaps Polux being present at Imperium Secundus the most "chosen" addition. 

On 7/9/2024 at 4:52 PM, Taliesin said:

This book will be like Siege of Chtonia and Battle for Beta Garmon, not like the reprint exemplary battles book that was released last year ( and of which there will be more they said at the time)

Oh you’re right. Not sure how I got the idea it was all legacies stuff. That’s good news. 

In no way whatsoever are Imperial Fists over-represented. You'd have to be incredibly stupid or ignorant to think so. 

A lot of Legions do still need Praetors. Hopefully GW stops all this nonsense and time wasting with everything else and comes back to the HH quickly and starts giving us Space Marine stuff. 

34 minutes ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

In no way whatsoever are Imperial Fists over-represented. You'd have to be incredibly stupid or ignorant to think so. 

A lot of Legions do still need Praetors. Hopefully GW stops all this nonsense and time wasting with everything else and comes back to the HH quickly and starts giving us Space Marine stuff. 

By definition you're wrong, Imperial Fists are overrepresented with more characters and kits than almost all legions except for maybe Sons of Horus and Blood Angels. Imperial Fists deserve to be a focal point at certain times of the Heresy, especially the Seige of Terra, but are far too much of a focal point until we get more books around that time. 

With the removal of MK3 accessories from the store, I fear we may be in for another wave of shoulder pad and head releases for the updated MK3 molds.  May luck be in the Space Wolves favor of not getting another set of furry helmets. 

Edited by Schrödingers Primarch

2 hours ago, The Praetorian of Inwit said:

“Quite frankly, the Seventh Legion is completely over-represented, their entire line should be cancelled and their Primarch put in a cage.”

-Peter Turbo

2 hours ago, Schrödingers Primarch said:

By definition you're wrong, Imperial Fists are overrepresented with more characters and kits than almost all legions except for maybe Sons of Horus and Blood Angels. Imperial Fists deserve to be a focal point at certain times of the Heresy, especially the Seige of Terra, but are far too much of a focal point until we get more books around that time. 

With the removal of MK3 accessories from the store, I fear we may be in for another wave of shoulder pad and head releases for the updated MK3 molds.  May luck be in the Space Wolves favor of not getting another set of furry helmets. 

There are no more Imperial Fist upgrade kits for the special units and you can’t make them from plastic kits. 

4 hours ago, Marshal Rohr said:

There are no more Imperial Fist upgrade kits for the special units and you can’t make them from plastic kits. 

Take a look at the Imperial Fist page......pretty clear they do and no one said anything about plastic. Hopefully there is a focus on the Mechanicum and potentially a Solar Auxilia unit or two for this expansion. Spotlighting the 4 companies of Imperial Fists in this fight would be a shame. Unless you're an Iron Warrior who likes watching the Imperial Fists run away.

On 7/8/2024 at 5:19 PM, Zoatibix said:

When they revealed the Mechanicum battleforce they were clear that there was more to come for Mechanicum. I would be very surprised if they meant just one book.

We might eventualy speculate about what will come next in plastics, but, just to feed the wish-list mill, I noticed today the following:

- Ordinatus are now Sold-out Online, at least on the spanish mirror site

- Krios Venator is now Sold-out Online, same place

- Same fate for Vulturax

- And also for Ursarax

It could be estimated that there is some logic getting the battletank, standar flyer and a shock troop unit plstified. Ordinatuses is a little bit more puzzleing, especially as they are part of the Codex, sorry, Liber.

Other units in the Liber but without models may also be candidates for a resin edition for Caleb Decima, Arcuitor or Axiarch. Even if the latter is so niche seen how works the list that it may remain a paper stuff only.  Arlatax is also something that if I am not mistaken is without models - a jump packed automata... Tasty idea.

Personally I'm expecting: 

Already Revealed: Thallax, Castellax, Tech Thralls, Triaros, Thanatar Cavas, Magos 

Pretty Obvious Dual Kits: Ursarax (Thallax), Karacnos (Triaros), Thanatar Calix (Thanatar Cavas)

Core to the Range: Myrmidon Secutors/Destructors, Domitar/Artalax

Potential Release as Plastic Upgrade Kit: Moirax loadouts, repack of old AM tech priest as tech priest Auxilia, Knight Styrix/Mageara, Knight Atropos 

God I Wish but not Necessary in first wave: Scyllax, Vorax, Vultaros, Krios/Krios-Venator, Magos on Abeyant 

Unlikely to ever leave Resin: Both Ordinatus, Any Characters (but some may finally get Resin sculpts like Calleb Decima, or still my beating heart, Inar Sartareal)

On 7/17/2024 at 10:55 AM, Cryptix said:

Personally I'm expecting: 

Already Revealed: Thallax, Castellax, Tech Thralls, Triaros, Thanatar Cavas, Magos 

Pretty Obvious Dual Kits: Ursarax (Thallax), Karacnos (Triaros), Thanatar Calix (Thanatar Cavas)

Core to the Range: Myrmidon Secutors/Destructors, Domitar/Artalax

Potential Release as Plastic Upgrade Kit: Moirax loadouts, repack of old AM tech priest as tech priest Auxilia, Knight Styrix/Mageara, Knight Atropos 

God I Wish but not Necessary in first wave: Scyllax, Vorax, Vultaros, Krios/Krios-Venator, Magos on Abeyant 

Unlikely to ever leave Resin: Both Ordinatus, Any Characters (but some may finally get Resin sculpts like Calleb Decima, or still my beating heart, Inar Sartareal)

I wanna know what their vision is for the arcuitor magestierium!

4 minutes ago, Ripper.McGuirl said:

I wanna know what their vision is for the arcuitor magestierium!

Honestly, that's probably what I'm most excited for too, a neat, multi-part (since it has a ton of options) crazy tech assassin. Kinda hoping it'll be revealed along with the Arlatax since you can take one with it, since that lacks a design too.

Edited by Xirix