40K Assassins Gone from GW Website

1 hour ago, skylerboodie said:

Valrak's latest rumour video mentions that Deathwatch Combat Patrol has moved to 'Sold Out Online' (and rumour that it appears Deathwatch ARE being rolled up into Agents) so looks like Assassins may be similar ivo Agents release; surprised they're gone completely though, not just showing as 'sold out'.

Why do I feel like my dream of getting an updated Deathwatch Kill Team kit similar to the firstborn one is getting more and more unlikely

8 minutes ago, darkhorse0607 said:

Why do I feel like my dream of getting an updated Deathwatch Kill Team kit similar to the firstborn one is getting more and more unlikely

I think it will happen, but probably not until the 12th edition Agents codex unfortunately.... 

If we were really lucky they'd roll Grey Knights in as well. Cutting down the number of elite faction army rosters really needs to be prioritised.

In a similar vein, I'm fully expecting Custodes to disappear from 30k or 40k in the next five to ten years, in line with how AoS is handling things.

33 minutes ago, Joe said:

If we were really lucky they'd roll Grey Knights in as well. Cutting down the number of elite faction army rosters really needs to be prioritised.

In a similar vein, I'm fully expecting Custodes to disappear from 30k or 40k in the next five to ten years, in line with how AoS is handling things.

I agree with the top two sentences. I don't think Custodes are going anywhere, though. It would be an interesting addition to the idea of a more generalized "Imperium" faction.

If 40K did grand alliances like AoS did that could be interesting. Probably a lot harder to balance. 

Yeah, I can't see Custodes going away. Would I rather they, alongside Deathwatch and Grey Knights existed only as single-squad additions to other Imperium armies, as flavourful little weirdos suitable for certain matchups?

Yes. Yes, I would like that very much. I'll settle for just Deathwatch, though. I look forward to them still being playable in a form not unlike the Kroot in the recent T'au codex, a detachment all their own for when they're not being used as an addition to someone's Guard or Sisters army.

Posted (edited)
22 minutes ago, Toxichobbit said:

That'd be a disaster. 40k will still be around in 10 years so the Custodes will stay around. I doubt 30k will last that long.

30k survived the post-8th period when every influencer was screaming "it NEEDS to adopt 8th edition rules or it's DEAD!" and the playerbase was at an all time low, only to bounce back with a vengeance in 2022.

Heresy'll be fine. 

Edited by Lord Marshal

Just now, Robbienw said:

This is a ridiculous take.

Custodes are a high profile integral part of 30k.

They've become a high profile part of 40k.

There is precedence of them replacing core units with newer versions to move the old ones back to the other game. It'd be like getting new wardens/guardians and the current kits going over to HH only.

On one hand, it'd be weird if only Deathwatch was rolled into Agents of the Imperium, but on the other, I think Grey Knights are more popular (according to rumours, it seems they'll still get an individual codex release...for now).

As for Custodes, can't see GW ditching them any time soon, they'll be more likely to get rescaled than vanishing. 

3 hours ago, Toxichobbit said:

That'd be a disaster. 40k will still be around in 10 years so the Custodes will stay around. I doubt 30k will last that long.

HH been fully supported since 2012, big cult following prior. I reckon it will last 10 years. The fringe stuff will be gone (Necro/KT/Imperialis) etc I reckon.