40K Assassins Gone from GW Website

11 hours ago, DemonGSides said:

Yeah plus what's shown is currently doable in 10th Ed rules without any real fuss.

I think it's just a cool pic. 

You can, but pre-agents dex, if you do, neither Draxus, the Jokaero nor the Henchmen will be able to benefit from a detachment rule, have an enhancement or use detachment strats, so they're restricted to BRB strats. On top off that, their own army rule- the only thing they get- doesn't even confer an advantage; it merely allows them to be included in the Deathwatch detachment.

Presumably, post Agents dex, this is fieldable as an Ordo Xenos detachment, meaning every unit, DW or =][=, gets access to all enhancements and strats, and has an army rule that does something other than merely allow the army to exist.

I'm not surprised that Coteaz is the only model that's coming with the book- quite frankly, while I wanted other models, a good book is far more important; new Coteaz will be awesome, and he'll look good beside Erasmus, who is also Malleus. I agree with the suggestion that additional Agent units could be released as KT's or some other mechanism (a new 40k-based Warhammer quest like BSF?).

The other models I had hoped for were new DCA's and Crusaders (could be a KT- imagine getting 5 DCA's based on the RT Knosso Pront model and 5 Crusaders based on Gotfrett in the same box! So much cheaper than buying six pairs of Finecast at $40/ pair). Also, a Navis HQ (FW has the models for both a senior officer and a junior- they just need rules), and an Arbites HQ.

A dream would have been all of the above plus a Repressor (Sister/Arbites dual build) and Arbites bikers.

If GW doesn't do it, I'll just do it myself. I don't mean to sour grapes- I think the book will be an improvement on the current state of affairs, even if it isn't as good as I'd hoped. But it would have been nice if they could have gotten it right.

Edited by ThePenitentOne

9 minutes ago, Kharn13 said:

Really nice story, but I suspect this is more to do with the rumoured Vespid vs. Jump Pack Scions Kill Team box set. 

Note how the subject, 

, is led by a Tempestor Magnificat Westren. 

We also have:

> Lord Marshal Kandathor: Stratego-Primary, can you guarantee me that [CODE PHRASE OVERLAY DRAKUS FEROCITOR] are capable of securing the Alpha Asset against the T’au? 

> Stratego-Primary [REDACTED]: Not to put too fine a point on it, Lord Marshal, but they are veritable living weapons, every last one of them. Fanatics, brutal, utterly without mercy, and trained and equipped to the highest standard. Their transport vessels are still in orbit over Wyldreach and their shipmasters will gladly brave the fiercest warp currents if it means seeing the God-Emperor’s will made manifest. You give the order, and [CODE PHRASE OVERLAY DRAKUS FEROCITOR] will see them fulfilled with the maximum possible enemy bloodshed. 

> Lord Marshal Kandathor: Then it is so-given. 

You don't send assassins to secure assets. You send your shock troops. 

Hopefully we'll see more of this next week - maybe even as early as Monday morning.

A quick reminder of a segment of our forum rules for those that clearly need it:

No disrespectful behavior (trolling, flaming, derogatory terms)

• Trolling is being a jerk on the internet simply because you can. This is typically unleashing one or more cynical or sarcastic remarks on someone else, because it's the internet and, hey, you can (because they can't punch you in the face through the computer, even if you deserve it). Another form of trolling is posting material simply to provoke a negative response from others.
  • Flaming is engaging in or deliberately provoking heated argument online, usually involving personal attacks.
  • Derogatory terms are generally terms used to insult someone else, often on the basis of gender, sexual orientation, ethnicity, nationality, spiritual/religious beliefs, etc.

None of these types of behaviors are conducive to constructive discussion. There are going to be times when you disagree with someone and/or when you dislike someone or something, but you either need to express yourself constructively or you need to ignore/stay out of the discussion.

You don't have to actually respect everyone and everything, but you must treat them with respect here at the Bolter & Chainsword.

Thread tidied up.