Chalnath Dispatches: Teaser of things to come?

Looks like the article is going to be part of a series, likely leading up to the new kill team announcement. The article looks like it was re-posted and is now under the header "tales from the Chalnath Expanse" with a "I" on the thumbnail. 

Seems like we will find out more information about who the Tempestus is going to be deployed against and some more clues as to what the alpha asset might be.

Very glad AoS 4e is out the door and war-com can be something other than index updates again. 

26 minutes ago, zulu.tango said:

Looks like the article is going to be part of a series, likely leading up to the new kill team announcement. The article looks like it was re-posted and is now under the header "tales from the Chalnath Expanse" with a "I" on the thumbnail. 

Seems like we will find out more information about who the Tempestus is going to be deployed against and some more clues as to what the alpha asset might be.

Very glad AoS 4e is out the door and war-com can be something other than index updates again. 

There's a small backlog of small releases to go for the next 2 months sandwiched in between the starter boxes for AoS and sigmarines/skaven dropping if I were abetting man. I'd wager for 40k it'll be [redacted], individual characters from last releases and that's it with KT being previewed for later.

All guesswork.

2 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

There's a small backlog of small releases to go for the next 2 months sandwiched in between the starter boxes for AoS and sigmarines/skaven dropping if I were abetting man. I'd wager for 40k it'll be [redacted], individual characters from last releases and that's it with KT being previewed for later.

All guesswork.

A roadmap would be nice too. I don’t mind waiting (I have plenty to paint) but it would be nice to be able to plan!

• 2 weeks later...
50 minutes ago, CL_Mission said:

A new entry in this series

Definitely looks like the build up to the new Kill Team season with plastic Vespids in the mix.

Indeed, on social media they've posted a link to the WarCom article with a tag for Kill Team:

Screenshot_20240726_143016.thumb.jpg.579cdc158d117583a9b123c08bf3cd0c.jpg

16 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Imagine tho:

>GW tease Chalnath Killteam
>Seems to confirm Scions vs Vespids rumours
>announcement article for the box arrives
>look inside
>Kroot with wings

My secret hope is that they don't actually want to do a flying killteam, and this is all a leadup to a Gue'vesa killteam instead. 

18 minutes ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Imagine tho:

>look inside
>Kroot with wings

And one Kroot with wings and praying mantis arms!!

Bring us those Vespid! Considering my my Kroot box purchase it seems like I'm collecting a Tau army without any y'know, Tau.... :laugh:

Edited by Magos Takatus

1 hour ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Imagine tho:

>look inside
>Kroot with wings

I might actually buy that! Kroot with wings sound awesome.

12 hours ago, Indy Techwisp said:

Imagine tho:

>look inside
>Kroot with wings

I seem to recall Winged Kroot existing in the Kroot army list in Chapter Approved.

I also wouldn't be upset if that was the case (although I'd like to see new Vespid too).

And here's hoping with it being Chalnath again, we see the Sector Imperialis terrain.

I forgot Chalnath was Sector Imperialis, that was a good box last time as a Sisters player.  Add in the battle sanctum and it made for a great ruined convent.  Hopefully it's another set which will bump my collection from KT to 40K size.  

Not convinced by the flying rumours I can't see how flying would work in the KT ruleset.  I am excited for more Scions though there are so many options for the direction the kit could go.