Chalnath Dispatches: Teaser of things to come?

1 minute ago, DuskRaider said:

Black Dragons, perhaps?

Apart from the fact I doubt Imperial Generals could order them around, it does sound like them. They're famous for using jump packs and the piece says "Let them darken the skies above the Alpha Asset and purge our foes without mercy! "

This description sounds like them too

Not to put too fine a point on it, Lord Marshal, but they are veritable living weapons, every last one of them. Fanatics, brutal, utterly without mercy, and trained and equipped to the highest standard. Their transport vessels are still in orbit over Wyldreach and their shipmasters will gladly brave the fiercest warp currents if it means seeing the God-Emperor’s will made manifest. You give the order, and

will see them fulfilled with the maximum possible enemy bloodshed. 

2 minutes ago, phandaal said:

Valhallans seem like they would be an easy win, considering they were the supporting characters for the Ciaphas Cain series.

Valhallans, Tallarn, Cadians, Catachans. That would be a nice mix that people could use to create all kinds of different regiments from just about any world with the right amount of kitbashes. Especially with the newer "Old World" kits coming out.

Absolutely. Between GW and FW there was a time we were spoiled for choices when it came to unique Regiments. Now Scions can be added to the mix. I still don’t understand why their codex was squatted. 

Just now, grailkeeper said:

Apart from the fact I doubt Imperial Generals could order them around, it does sound like them. They're famous for using jump packs and the piece says "Let them darken the skies above the Alpha Asset and purge our foes without mercy! "

Not to put too fine a point on it, Lord Marshal, but they are veritable living weapons, every last one of them. Fanatics, brutal, utterly without mercy, and trained and equipped to the highest standard. Their transport vessels are still in orbit over Wyldreach and their shipmasters will gladly brave the fiercest warp currents if it means seeing the God-Emperor’s will made manifest. You give the order, and

The only thing I can think of otherwise with that description is Minotaurs, though obviously the “dragon” moniker doesn’t work. Perhaps maybe Charcaradon, but they’re not really anymore well supplied than any other Chapter if this is indeed some flavor of Astartes. 

"Alpha Asset" sounds like an Assassin to me, but the Command would not have control of the a member of the Officio Assassinorum.  So maybe a Sly Marbo style character....

1 minute ago, WAR said:

"Alpha Asset" sounds like an Assassin to me, but the Command would not have control of the a member of the Officio Assassinorum.  So maybe a Sly Marbo style character....

00o0o0o some kind of assassin in kill team or like an assassins kill team would be cool.

1 minute ago, WAR said:

They're talking about defending it though, I don't think they would be talking about deploying regiments to do that.

I also think given they specifically name a tempestor as being in charge we are definitely talking scions not marines

15 hours ago, zulu.tango said:

It's already in inches, just inches represented by silly shapes. 
Lots of players use rulers or tapes rather than the Triangle/circle/square/pentagon tools. 

I'd be fine with them ditching the shapes FWIW, they're pretty unhelpful when teaching new people to play the game, but they also make sense for countries that don't use the emperor's beloved Imperial system of measurements

Aye the shapes is what Id like rid of

(Fun fact one of the reasons the US doesnt use metric is the ship transporting the standardised weights annd measurements was captured by pirates)

Alpha Asset is Yarrick :)

Or a new GW licenced energy drink

3 hours ago, sairence said:

I doubt alpha asset refers to anything that can realistically be moved. They're talking about a defence without considering an extraction. So it's certainly a place or some massive object.

It's obviously a giant statue of Caiphas Cain.

(However, had anyone known that underneath the statue was a secret Inquisition facility studying Necron technology...)

1 minute ago, Arendious said:

It's obviously a giant statue of Caiphas Cain.

(However, had anyone known that underneath the statue was a secret Inquisition facility studying Necron technology...)

Cain himself survived for some time into the current era. Maybe it is Cain himself. Surely a fearless warrior such as Cain is worth extracting, so that he can be taken to where the fighting is the fiercest and he can do the most good?

On 7/12/2024 at 6:48 PM, grailkeeper said:

I'm imagining it is Scions as a reinterpretation of these classic Guardsmen from the Rogue Trader era.

I wonder if they will even stick to the red and purple scheme.

Screen-Shot-2018-09-05-at-19.27.31.pngJumpTrooper2.jpg

31 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

It'd be really nice to have new plastic versions of them (and maybe get an expansion like the kroot did at some point)

Hopefully we can start getting answers soon as GW will probably want killteam out end of August/September.

I hope that they get different types of Vespid like many colony insects. Some big armoured flightless "guardian" ones with vestigial wings to go with the flying soldier Stingwings would be pretty amazing.

5 hours ago, Magos Takatus said:

I hope that they get different types of Vespid like many colony insects. Some big armoured flightless "guardian" ones with vestigial wings to go with the flying soldier Stingwings would be pretty amazing.

The Stingwings are the big ones if I remember the background when they first came out, queen types following more of the wasp model than bees.

Though there are wingless ones that dig through rock to make the hives in the floating mountains of their gas-giant homeworld.

But yeah, definitely love to see some kind of 'mos eisley canteena' group of mercs. A bunch of Tarrelians who've teamed up with a few other xeno remnants with a grudge against humanity.

Edited by Tastyfish

4 minutes ago, Tastyfish said:

The Stingwings are the big ones if I remember the background when they first came out, queen types following more of the wasp model than bees.

Though there are wingless ones that dig through rock to make the hives in the floating mountains of their gas-giant homeworld.

But yeah, definitely love to see some kind of 'mos eisley canteena' group of mercs. A bunch of Tarrelians who've teamed up with a few other xeno remnants with a grudge against humanity.

Yeah the Tarellians would be good! And fish people. And some random character dudes, like a floating squid dude or something. And maybe a Tau water caste ambassador recruiter type dude, who stops different xenos from arguing with each other if you have two or more non-Tau or Kroot races in your list.