Necromunda - The Book of Desolation

Splatbooks for the Splatbook God

h3sYyXHiIoV7zHvg.jpg

This book adds a wealth of new content for Necromunda focusing on the Secundan Abyss. It follows on from the Necromunda: Hive Secundus boxed set – a standalone game set within the Underhells – by taking full multiplayer campaigns into the depths. There are four new gang rosters, new Dramatis Personae such as the terrifying Malstrain Alpha, and loads of extras to spice up your games.

All of this is wrapped up in the new Underhells Campaign system – a dramatic narrative adventure that tasks players with breaching the seemingly impenetrable Dust Wall surrounding Hive Secundus, surviving the arduous trek across the exclusion zone beyond, and plundering the ruins for fame, glory, and riches (mostly riches).

Edited by Lord Marshal

Now that we see some of the miniatures in perspective, I must confess that I am a little bit disappointed by the size of the DataBank Model:

NEC BookofDesolation Jul15 Pic1

Looks small. I was expecting something more "cathedratic". At least something that could have hosted a model on what looked like a top platform. But, no, SErvoskull was at the proper scale...

NEC Terrain Jun10 DataStack

I guess I will pass the scenery this time.

The book looks lovely, particularly the new stuff for the Van Saar (my gang of choice)!  I was expecting the Malstrain and Malstrain Corrupted Gangs to be part of the Secundus box, but I'm guessing that'll be a basic version for the box, with greater options and so on for the book (or maybe just a generic gang list for the miniatures in the box).  I'm glad that the Spyrers are back to being able to form their gangs again!  The VS 'upgrades' look really fun, and the better Move stat will make things really nice.  I wonder when the 'upgrades' will filter down to the other Houses.

The scenery looks interesting, and will probably be a '2nd wave' purchase later in the year.  I'm a bit disappointed one of the data stacks isn't included in the Secundus box as a terrain piece, but that's classic GW really.

I hope it is not like it was with the Book of Ruin; where they did not print the full campaign rules but only an addition to the campaign in the box set's rulebook. I still feel personally offended by that.

I imagine this will follow the same pattern as Dark Uprising and Ash Wastes: New campaign and gangs in the box, but only enough rules to play what's in the box. Like The books of Ruin/Judgement/Outlands, the full rules for all the other gangs and campaign modes and whatnot will all be in the Desolation book, which, they've only said is "later this year".