New Space Marine Adventures board game leaked

Saw this over on reddit just now. I don't remember seeing any information posted about it here or it being previewed by GW. Looks like it might be another Target exclusive or at least is meant to interact with their last game as there is a card for Titus but his model is not included, speaking of models it's using some of the models from the Warhammer Heroes kill team. 

image.thumb.jpeg.bce4aa7a1c48575614b7b127f42a6d12.jpeg

More images in the spoiler

Spoiler

image.thumb.jpeg.e3268fe261e7dae40700708b884cec91.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.2d57bd5151b75396229f5eb6f94fbbb4.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.259ee71419417063e4264a3617964acf.jpeg

image.thumb.jpeg.63fb7e378d0bce4361df092b5ba76e84.jpeg

image.jpeg.196fc69814949aeb9f0703e1f4bc234e.jpeg

Link to reddit thread

20 minutes ago, Redcomet said:

Honestly perplexing that GW refuse to sell these in the civilized world. They should be readily available in toys stores and books stores everywhere, at a reasonable price. 

22 minutes ago, Mogger351 said:

Yay, another easy going family boardgame product I can't buy due to not being American.

This has baffled me as well, especially with their blitzball game a whole ago. I understand they think there's more money to be made in America but we should still have the option, even if it's just direct from GW.

I think they're missing a trick but what do I know? Maybe they have a spreadsheet somewhere that says this will lose them money if available everywhere.

22 minutes ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

The ENTIRE playing area is the size of a SINGLE Space Hulk room! You might want to buy it for the special Space Marines but the game itself is an abortion.

Have you tried it yet? It might be really fun and engaging to play. This is not aimed at veteran gamers but if it entertains the kids for 30 minutes and brings them into the wider hobby then that's great!

We have new Terminators and Genestealers so I would not be surprised to see a new edition of Space Hulk at some point but this is its own thing.

19 minutes ago, Karhedron said:

Have you tried it yet? It might be really fun and engaging to play. This is not aimed at veteran gamers but if it entertains the kids for 30 minutes and brings them into the wider hobby then that's great!

We have new Terminators and Genestealers so I would not be surprised to see a new edition of Space Hulk at some point but this is its own thing.

My wallet constantly dreads the announcement of a re-release of Space Hulk

23 minutes ago, ZeroWolf said:

Here is the thing about space hulk. yes, when the release it I will buy it. and I am sure it'll cost a ton. but i'll buy it. but at some point, you'll be playing it and the cardboard tiles won't be  enough... and then it starts. you'll want 3d terrain and then... my the emperor protect you... haha

42 minutes ago, INKS said:

Here is the thing about space hulk. yes, when the release it I will buy it. and I am sure it'll cost a ton. but i'll buy it. but at some point, you'll be playing it and the cardboard tiles won't be  enough... and then it starts. you'll want 3d terrain and then... my the emperor protect you... haha

Funnily enough, one of the YouTubers I follow has that under control :biggrin:

1 hour ago, Karhedron said:

I've been playing the last version, the necron themed one, with my eight-year-old for the last month. Every day before I leave for work and right when I get home, he asks to play it.

I wouldn't play it with other adults, it's really well-suited and meant for ten and unders, but it is an amazing intro to 40K both in terms of gameplay and lore.

This will definitely be under the Christmas tree.

2 hours ago, ZeroWolf said:

My local LGS at the time ended up with SO MANY COPIES, that back in 2019 I picked a copy up of the re release still in shrink wrap for $80.

There was so many of them still on the shelf. If I had the income I do now back then I would have bought all of them just to be able to resell. Plus the BA terminators are so gorgeous. 

I was all set for Mrs Boltgun to pick the most recent one of these up from Barnes and Noble on one of her occasional trips to Boston. Thought Jr would enjoy it.

Only to find that the B&N just over the road from her hotel had closed!!! That was the end of that...

As for this one...we have Leviathan and G1 Space Hulk so we'll pass.

6 hours ago, Redcomet said:

Honestly perplexing that GW refuse to sell these in the civilized world. They should be readily available in toys stores and books stores everywhere, at a reasonable price. 

Excuse you, sir!

*Puts his attack-Bald-Eagles back into their roosts, performs the shutdown procedure for his civilian owned M60 patton, and unloads all 25 of his firearms carried for an everyday grocer store trip*

In all seriousness though, are these limited to the states?  I have never seen a single one of these cross the shelves of any FLGS near me. The previous sets I mean

Edited by Dark Legionnare

12 minutes ago, Dark Legionnare said:

Excuse you, sir!

*Puts his attack-Bald-Eagles back into their roosts, performs the shutdown procedure for his civilian owned M60 patton, and unloads all 25 of his firearms carried for an everyday grocer store trip*

In all seriousness though, are these limited to the states?  I have never seen a single one of these cross the shelves of any FLGS near me. The previous sets I mean

I think it's more that they're limited to certain retail chains, not the States. I think Target is one. There is no Target in many countries so no access to the games. But there's also a German chain that gets supply (translated to German of course) so they're available in at least one European country. I have a German version of the game they did with the Ambull.

51 minutes ago, Toxichobbit said:

I think it's more that they're limited to certain retail chains, not the States. I think Target is one. There is no Target in many countries so no access to the games. But there's also a German chain that gets supply (translated to German of course) so they're available in at least one European country. I have a German version of the game they did with the Ambull.

USA, Germany and Japan I think? Rest of the world ceases to exist.

I'm assuming that the only way GW could get these games into those store chains was to sign exclusive contracts. So it's not that GW doesn't want their sales to be more widespread, it's that they had to make a choice between widespread or high exposure to non-fans. And they went for high exposure.

Edited by Toxichobbit

5 hours ago, Deus_Ex_Machina said:

Top tier garbage!

The ENTIRE playing area is the size of a SINGLE Space Hulk room! You might want to buy it for the special Space Marines but the game itself is an abortion.

It doesn't have an incredible amount of replayability compared to some of the bigger GW boxed games like the Warhammer Quest line, but the simple rules and small box mean that if you're looking for a quick game with multiple warhammer friends, you can just bring that and be good for an hour. My friends have gotten a good couple of sessions while together for tournament trips - It's perfect for when you want to play something in the hotel the night before the tournament starts.

Honestly it's the models that are the weakest link. They're the special gacha marines, but you have that unfortunate problem that Primaris are just a little too generic compared to their firstborn counterpart (who are pretty generic already) to make unique characters of. The fact that we have three marines with bolt rifles is testament to that (we really could have done with replacing the salamander with the boring bolter pose with a Raven Guard sniper).