Kill Team: Hivestorm (New Edition)

Posted (edited)

Some details from the stream that the article didn't mention:

• Pre-order in September, release in October. 
  • "All faction rules will be free online, from Day 1, live-source of rules, living document."
  • "No longer have to buy the books to use them," but will still have hardcopies.
  • "Kill back in Kill Team", most missions reward you for killing things.
  • Universal equipment list, in addition to team-specific.
  • PvE mode, with solo and coop-versions.
  • Quarterly releases, with free new online stuff for the PvE mode.
Edited by Lord Marshal

Scratch my post, the detail has already been captured above.

Depending on how much of the new rules can be retro-fitted to the Gallowdark, I'm probably out of this edition.

It doesn't sounds much more "accessible' with the drop rules for TS and the communion points for the Vespid, no more than the points for the Blooded of the Fellgor in the past.

I do like the idea of co-op and solo play as my games are just me and my son so I'll wait and see what more info is drip fed over the coming weeks.

Edited by Rusted Boltgun

Was this expanded upon? Does this mean no 'Legends'-ing of old Kill Teams?

They didn't say anything about teams being retired.

Do we think the 40k rules for the new teams will drop with the Killteam rules? 

Most likely. Votann got theirs a day before Termination went on pre-order.

I wonder if the terrain will be sized as the Vertigus one or as the Sector Imperialus one... I would say from the pics that the first option is likely... But it is hard to tell.

Did they say if terrain / killzone will be released alone?

What about seasons? Are they still a thing?

Real big glow up for the Vespids, really like the look of the new models a lot, if/when I get into Tau I'll include a swarm or two of them. Scions looks great too, really solid models and glad it's a squad of ten (+sentry), a lot of flying type infantry are presented as five members as the default and wouldn't have been surprised to see them same here.

On the one hand it's the shame the terrain isn't really something "new", we've seen city ruins similar to this a few times before but on the other it looks like a sold set, I'm still building up my collection of good. I might pick up the box set, I might not will have to see at release. 

So, new Kill Team:

- all existing Kill Team faction rules are getting binned, boo! :down:

- all new edition faction rules will be FREE to download, yay! :thumbsup:

- rules aren't too different from the current version, just tidied up and 'improved' - uhh, yay, I guess :sweat::biggrin:

- expanded universal equipment that's available to all factions, yay! :thumbsup:

- new terrain is very nice :smile:

- Solo and Co-operative play sounds *AMAZING* :woot::wub::yes:

- got to wait until after October to get the core rules book seperately from this box, boo! :down:

-...and shapes have been replaced by actual numbered distances, hooray! :laugh::biggrin:

Screenshot_20240817_163040.thumb.jpg.3241f17ab8c82467dd549208b89ec258.jpg

In all, I'm cautiously optimistic about this release :thumbsup: I'd need to see more of the rules and the faction rules before I properly make up my mind, though :huh:

Are those gauges with inches?

Are they doing away with shapes system?

(Thank the Emperor....)

From the War Com article

you’ll find your plastic range markers – redesigned with an extremely Warhammer amount of skulls. 

Edit: beaten to it again.

Who am I kidding? The thought of solo play is drawing me in. Plus cool terrain and two more teams....

Edited by Rusted Boltgun

I am very much looking forward to this version of kill team. i know the rules themselves won't seem to change much, but still looking forward to how it's more accessible.