Kill Team: Hivestorm (New Edition)

If so, that does sound hard to keep current rules-wise.

I'm hoping that with the online rules they are going to support, it should be simpler about what is going to be classified and what will be used for the season. We will see of course, but the reveal video for the new edition gave me confidence when the team were talking about it.

In terms of what you can take to a classified tournament and what you can not, that should be very clear. They have Season 1 and Season 2 laid out already. Season 2 will also include any new teams they release in the meantime. Every season should have approx 33 teams active.

As the days go on, it's feeling more and more like Spec Ops/ ie. Narrative campaign play will be either gone, confined only to books you have to buy (meaning only armies getting books will have access) or perhaps such a horribly simplified afterthough that they won't be worth talking about just like the ones we got from KT 18.

There's still a chance it's there, but each passing day without news of it makes it that much more likely.

As the days go on, it's feeling more and more like Spec Ops/ ie. Narrative campaign play will be either gone, confined only to books you have to buy (meaning only armies getting books will have access) or perhaps such a horribly simplified afterthough that they won't be worth talking about just like the ones we got from KT 18.

There's still a chance it's there, but each passing day without news of it makes it that much more likely.

My expectation is a book to provide this as they can also add content for solo and multiplayer.

@Redsun With a little work, yes, it's possible. It might be harder to get a group together for a campaign that relies on houserules, but it should be possible.

@Gaz Taylor I hadn't even considered that as a possibility, and I actually kinda like the idea provided they handle it well. Thanks for giving me another option for maintaining hopeful positivity.

Given the last paragraph of the article, the KT release will be string out a little further

That’s it for our brief look over every Classified kill team getting updated rules when the new edition launches soon. We’ve still got more to come from Kill Team next week – including a huge competition – so stick around and gather some intel while it’s going

Even if they announce the preorder in two days, it’ll still be 3 weeks from now until anyone has it. That’s plenty of time for them to keep posting info.

I also like the variability of the different marine teams, but I get consolidating them a bit. I’d be perfectly happy to just use firstborn as intercessors or whatever, though. I am still shocked they haven’t put out an updated bespoke Deathwatch team, as, well, they kind of invented the term Kill Team for them.

Pre-order next week, which I'm sure surprises everybody.

Several reboxes also going up for pre-order along with (sold separately) datacards, but not every team. Presumably it'll be a staggered thing? Notably Nemesis Claw, Mandrakes, Brood Brothers and Hernkyn Yaegirs are standalone releases at last.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Pre-order next week, which I'm sure surprises everybody.

Several reboxes also going up for pre-order along with (sold separately) datacards, but not every team. Presumably it'll be a staggered thing? Notably Nemesis Claw, Mandrakes, Brood Brothers and Hernkyn Yaegirs are standalone releases at last.

They say in the article:

“they will be joined shortly by a second and third wave of kill teams released in due course.”