Kill Team: Hivestorm (New Edition)

should be for data cards. you don't need them, it's just nice to have likely -- the problem with stuff like this is that as soon as something is changed or updated / which sometimes happens a lot. these are then useless. but for launch they would probably be nice to have. or print your own.

It's funny to see Orks being sold up there considering you've got 1 yr before you can't play then in classified. 

it is nice to see Votann, Night Lords and so on finally added. so that is a plus

was considering vespid but I will wait now.

The sunday preview is clarifying stuff. Yet I still wonder about the second wave and potential changes. Not that I feel that concerned but out of curiosity: blades of khaine team is currently achievable only by buying aspect warriors from 3 separate kits. Will it remsin like that? Will it favour a release of the scorps in 5 men strong unit instead of 10? 

the rest if the reboxing is rather OK otherwise. But I aldo wonder about the Primaris infilyrator sprue... and about getting acess to the helix adept. But once again it is out of curiosity more than anything else.

other question mark unsolved so far: will the killzone be released on a stand alone basis? I cross fingers. It also looks like the other rebixed kill zone loose some stuff: no objective markers in bheta decima and no machineries in gallowdark...

$230, or £145, apparently.

I've been selling myself on the new kill team a fair bit but this is higher than I'd be comfortable paying (even when factoring discount sellers) off the bat for a couple of teams I only 'kind of' like. vs already owning the models for all the ones I prefer (so far). I do like the terrain but cannot really justify it on that. I'll start with the free rules for now and save my money for other things.

Nice (good marketing) that they are selling the gear set separately - I might stretch to that at some point

The sunday preview is clarifying stuff. Yet I still wonder about the second wave and potential changes. Not that I feel that concerned but out of curiosity: blades of khaine team is currently achievable only by buying aspect warriors from 3 separate kits. Will it remsin like that? Will it favour a release of the scorps in 5 men strong unit instead of 10? 

According to the WarCom article from last week they're still a mixed team.

Just for clarifications sake, has the price risen for the individual kill teams? I need some scouts for my ultramarines.

Looks that way. Most seem to have risen by about £2.50 but Blooded and Scouts went up about £7.50.

Edited by Lord Marshal

Just for clarifications sake, has the price risen for the individual kill teams? I need some scouts for my ultramarines.

Yes, they reboxed them and are now charging you more. 80 USD

was going to complain about the prices, but I don't see the point. It costs what it costs, you are either ok with it or are not.

Edited by INKS

Looks that way. Most seem to have risen by about £2.50 but Blooded and Scouts went up about £7.50.

£2.50 increase seems fine since they now come with token sheets but no idea why Scouts and Blooded had to go up an additional £5 

Of course if you just want them for 40k those tokens don't do anything for you so just an increase

Some of the increases are not so bad, some are just... well they are high.

why is it that scouts are 80 dollars and some of the other kill teams with the same model count are 65...

In Nightlords you are paying 10 dollars for the upgrade sprue, guess that is on par.

I'm curious as to if a KT Starter set is coming in the near future. That would be a big factor for me getting the Aquilons. I like Hivestorm, but I have enough terrain and I really don't love building or painting terrain. Given free rules this edition, the only interest I have in the box is the Vespid and the dossier (I like the fluff in those books). I like the Aquilons enough to get them in a starter box, but not this one

Not sure what you mean by starter set, this is a starter set for the new edition. 

I don't see the Aquilons being offered in some other box set other than their own release eventually. 

There are boxes labelled “starter set” for the outgoing edition for £67.50. The Hivestorm one could be like Leviathan but for Kill Team, with smaller starter boxes later on, just like with 40K.

Edited by TheArtilleryman

There are boxes labelled “starter set” for the outgoing edition for £67.50. The Hivestorm one could be like Leviathan but for Kill Team, with smaller starter boxes later on, just like with 40K.

Correct. Hivestorm isn't really a starter box, it's a launch box in the same vein as Octarius. KT21 had a starter box with Kommandos vs Krieg, scatter terrain, and  a mini core rules book for a pretty nice discount..I'm hoping for the same but with Aquilons vs Vespid

Correct. Hivestorm isn't really a starter box, it's a launch box in the same vein as Octarius. KT21 had a starter box with Kommandos vs Krieg, scatter terrain, and  a mini core rules book for a pretty nice discount..I'm hoping for the same but with Aquilons vs Vespid

I think it's likely that we'll get something to that effect. Price will increase but we all knew that was coming.

Yeah a starter set is very much expected and since Octarius was 155€ while Hivestorm is 180€ I expect the new starter to be about 100€ instead of the old 87,50€

Also assuming it will have similar contents to the old starter it should have everything from Hivestorm except most of the terrain and probably the Approved Ops cards.

So if those two items aren't that important to you its not a bad idea to wait.

Edited by Matrindur