Kill Team: Hivestorm (New Edition)

If I recall correctly that starter box didn't come out for a year or so after Octarius dropped. I imagine we get one, but it'll be a while till it's released

Looking back, it was about 6 months according to a quick search. Octarius came out Aug 21 I believe, and the starter was in Feb 22

The only thing that throws a wrench into if we get one is the fact that Warcry never really got a similar starter box. They got that awful Crypt of Blood with some Underworlds figures but that just isn't the same thing imo. But the release strategies for KT and Warcry are pretty different so I wouldnt expect KT to copy it.

I've just seen the 'eavy metal vespid and I have to say they look much better for me in that black scheme and if I do end up getting thes I think that is where I would go. Blantantly an bit Aliens but I like it much more than when I've seen 'nids in a black scheme.

The green scheme is nice too but it looks a bit to much like a Scyther from pokemon.

I think I've finally noticed what puts me off on the main/orange scheme - The pink lips/gums - just doesn't sit right for me/looks a bit too human.

I've just seen the 'eavy metal vespid and I have to say they look much better for me in that black scheme and if I do end up getting thes I think that is where I would go. Blantantly an bit Aliens but I like it much more than when I've seen 'nids in a black scheme.

The green scheme is nice too but it looks a bit to much like a Scyther from pokemon.

I think I've finally noticed what puts me off on the main/orange scheme - The pink lips/gums - just doesn't sit right for me/looks a bit too human.

Yeah it looks weird glad it’s not only me. One colour doesn’t draw attention to it. 

Pre ordered the Core Book.

Hey stobz! Is it because you like books? you prefer the have the physical book?

So, the tokens are provided with the teams, rather than the cards? That's somewhat annoying. I have all of the teams already, don't want to buy them again to get the cards. 

I am sure 3rd party options will be cheaper anyways and look better. cardboard tokens aren't really worth much but you are seeing a 5 to 20 dollar uptick in price. 

From Goonhammer:

It’s worth noting that Spec Ops appears to be gone – it’s just not part of the core rules. This is fine. While there is definitely a vocal minority of players who want lots of customization for teams and models in Kill Team a la Necromunda, Kill Team just isn’t that game. And in terms of narrative vs. competitive, Kill Team is already a tremendously narrative game and trying to separate its player base  into “Narrative” and “competitive” buckets is likely a mistake. Spec Ops is gone but Kill Team can still make for great narrative campaigns and leagues, even without progression. This also makes it easier to work the game into 40k campaigns, if that’s your thing. 

Goons are wrong: without campaign play, this game isn't worth the paper it's printed on.

Crossing my fingers there will be good deals on the Vespids on ebay later, although I really like the little Sentry dude, I don't need the vast majority of the boxset myself.

There are quite a few already listed. I'll be putting mine on there once they are delivered for whatever the going rate seems to be.

Probably worth noting that the KT21 boxes aren't on the Webstore anymore.

So unless a team is built from a kit that's already avaliable elsewhere, was reboxed to not be a Killteam box is part of Hivestorm itself or is one of the teams that got an updated box, you can't buy them currently.

Notably, "Veteran Guard" a.k.a the Death Korps of Kreig kit isn't on the site, only the Forgeworld resins.

Probably worth noting that the KT21 boxes aren't on the Webstore anymore.

So unless a team is built from a kit that's already avaliable elsewhere, was reboxed to not be a Killteam box is part of Hivestorm itself or is one of the teams that got an updated box, you can't buy them currently.

Notably, "Veteran Guard" a.k.a the Death Korps of Kreig kit isn't on the site, only the Forgeworld resins.

They have specifically said there will be a second and third wave of reboxed kits coming. Given the current wave are all getting the tokens added my assumption is that they will be doing that for the others as well.

I really don't think there is any need to be panicking