kabaakaba Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 What you use for green cloth? I mean technology. Wet blending or just many layers? Or glazing? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6182172 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Pounder Posted August 9 Author Share Posted August 9 I always apply many thin layers, I find it builds up the colour nicely. Thanks for the interest! 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6182194 Share on other sites More sharing options...
kabaakaba Posted August 9 Share Posted August 9 2 minutes ago, The Pounder said: I always apply many thin layers, I find it builds up the colour nicely. Thanks for the interest! I'm trying to improve and always ask what people use if I see it can help, also I think sharing our knowhow should help both sides. 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6182195 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Pounder Posted August 12 Author Share Posted August 12 Yeah, that’s the only way! Never be afraid to ask questions. 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6182637 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Pounder Posted September 13 Author Share Posted September 13 Here’s some Ravenwing Bikers I’ve painted as part of my Call to Arms vow! Ravenwing Outriders Ravenwing Outriders Ravenwing Outriders Ravenwing Outriders Ravenwing Outriders Ravenwing Outriders I have 2 more jetbike characters to complete hopefully I’ll get them done over the next couple of days! Wish me luck and thank you for looking! 5 3 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6186664 Share on other sites More sharing options...
space wolf Posted September 14 Share Posted September 14 Those ravenwing look great! Love the white feathers youve done! As a DA player how do you feel about having to paint what is essentially 3 different schemes in 1 army (black, green, bone). Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6186822 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Pounder Posted September 15 Author Share Posted September 15 Tbh, I’m not really a Dark Angels player! I decided to vow these to clear them from my backlog!! My one and true love are my Krieg. Though I dabble a little with some Ultramarines I always go back to the Imperial Guard! Below are pics of the Apothecary and Praetor on Jetbikes! Ravenwing Jetbike Ravenwing Jetbike Ravenwing Jetbike Ravenwing Jetbike Ravenwing Jetbike Ravenwing Jetbike Ravenwing Jetbike As with the rest of the project I’ve used 40K models to try and get a little f that Dark Angels aesthetic. Next up, I’ll be back in the trenches! Can’t wait to work on my Krieg after the last few months on these. Thanks for the interest! 7 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6187111 Share on other sites More sharing options...
space wolf Posted September 16 Share Posted September 16 ah I see. Well, you're DA are very nice. Looking forward to seeing more of what you do. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6187171 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Raziel-TX Posted September 18 Share Posted September 18 Loving the beaky jet bikers. 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6187545 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lathe Biosas Posted September 18 Share Posted September 18 Awesome job on those Dark Angels... I think its a sign from the Emperor that you should paint more of them. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6187546 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Pounder Posted September 19 Author Share Posted September 19 Thanks @Raziel-TX! Much appreciated. @Lathe Biosas, thanks again! I’m not one to challenge the will of the God Emperor but my service is best served in the trenches! With that in mind: Now, “let me introduce you to my little friend!!!” Here’s my latest update: Krieg Hippogriff AFV Krieg Hippogriff AFV Krieg Hippogriff AFV Krieg Hippogriff AFV I did a bit of a kitbash on the Commander, basically a head and arm swap. I’m really happy with how this turned out and it’s great to be working on my Krieg again! Thanks for the feedback! 6 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6187965 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Kommisar_K Posted September 20 Share Posted September 20 Sweet! I'm not a big fan of the Hippogriff AFV but with this one you can just see it zipping across no man's land or trundling through an urban warzone. Excellent work! And good weathering too (as always). 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6188161 Share on other sites More sharing options...
space wolf Posted September 20 Share Posted September 20 I love it! I think youve painted it to perfection. It has a grimey gritty quality thats perfect for the krieg...but you also didnt skimp on the small details and markings. Well done! 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6188323 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Christopher Posted September 21 Share Posted September 21 I'm loving the two parallel projects and their distinct styles - the clean, more classic style for the marines (I'm still a huge fan of the greens) and the gritty and more realistic style for the guard. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6188374 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Pounder Posted September 22 Author Share Posted September 22 @Kommisar_K, I know what you mean, I wasn’t a huge fan until I saw it in the flesh. Thanks so much @space wolf! I love adding marking with decals! Used to feel like cheating now it’s second nature! @Brother Christopher, cheers! Couldn’t be happier that you think they look realistic! Exactly what I was trying to achieve. I’m currently working on a squad of Korpsmen, will keep you updated. Thanks again for the feedback! 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6188678 Share on other sites More sharing options...
WBRBloom Posted September 23 Share Posted September 23 (edited) Amazing battle-damage on the Hippogriff, @The Pounder! What kind of black do you use for your models? I've noticed that your grav-bikes, as well as the six-wheeler's finish, have a quite matte black finish, so it's definitely not Abaddon Black (unless you mix it with some kind of matte medium). Do you use AK black? I know from experience that it can have an extremely matte finish. Edited September 23 by WBRBloom 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6188720 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Pounder Posted September 23 Author Share Posted September 23 Thanks man! I use Vallejo black with a Colour Forge Matt Varnish. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6188800 Share on other sites More sharing options...
The Pounder Posted Sunday at 04:11 PM Author Share Posted Sunday at 04:11 PM First squad of my new snowy Krieg complete! I replaced the heads with replacements from Tiny Legends, this is what gives them the classic Forgeworld look. I finally think I’ve got these down now. I’m building to a 2k list so hopefully I can get some momentum building. Here’s the pics: Death Korps of Krieg Death Korps of Krieg Death Korps of Krieg Death Korps of Krieg Death Korps of Krieg Next up is a Scout Sentinel! Thanks for looking. 4 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6190434 Share on other sites More sharing options...
space wolf Posted 9 hours ago Share Posted 9 hours ago Delightfully grimey! They look as determined as they need to be. As they say, the Death Korps of Kreig are not searching for death, they are searching for purpose! Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6190507 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rusted Boltgun Posted 8 hours ago Share Posted 8 hours ago Such expression! You wouldn't think it possible... 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/386548-the-pounder%E2%80%99s-40k-and-hh-project-log/page/7/#findComment-6190522 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now