Brother Christopher Posted September 15 Share Posted September 15 @Dwango You're on fire with these completions! I've gotta say that the photo setup also goes a long way. Great way to showcase your minis. 2 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6186965 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Argent Posted September 15 Share Posted September 15 Well I managed it. Finally. Not the outstanding success I'd hoped for but, for the first time in a long time, I am actually looking forward to hobbying. I had hoped for nearly triple this amount through my vows for the CtA but it was not to be. Still I got my five vows done scross the forums. And to continue on my Hobby Mojo journey I am continuing on with the Combat Patrol Magazine with 1x Parasite of Mortex and 1x Chaplain on Bike I am also hoping to loop back at some point to take care of the other 10 Termagaunts and the Psychophage, but look; drilled barrels for the first time since the early 2000s... Oh and I've started my run into Armageddon, buying the starter set for the unique models there to start off with. So, starting by not starting... 2 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6186991 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dwango Posted September 15 Share Posted September 15 7 hours ago, Brother Christopher said: @Dwango You're on fire with these completions! I've gotta say that the photo setup also goes a long way. Great way to showcase your minis. Cheers buddy. It's a light box plus I take the photos through the app lightroom. It really helps set the tone. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6187019 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Madao Posted September 16 Share Posted September 16 August (and previously July) vow is done (I know it is September already) - it is my Stubborn-stubborn entry 2 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6187132 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Dwango Posted September 16 Share Posted September 16 I, Dwango, continue with the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of September pledge to complete 6 rapier batteries and crew, 10 tac marines, 10 terminators and 1 jump pack command dude for the Isstvan 3 shattered legion force by month's end. This may well spill over into October. 3 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6187167 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkia the Bloody Posted September 19 Share Posted September 19 I am going to update my "Plodding Along Vow" for September and probably Oktober. Right now, I am working on 4 Monsters: - 1 demonic tutelary for my Thousand Sons sorcerer (a Mindstealer Sphiranx)- I would like to try out (for the first time!) the slapchop method using contrast paints - 1 Screamer Killer for my Tyranids - 1 Norn Emissary for my Tyranids - 1 Lictor for my Tyranids. I am a bit stressed with real life and work at the moment, so my painting time is stretched and limited, but I will power through, especially since painting helps me a lot in coming down after work and with focus and stress-relief. Right now, I have assembled, primed and guide-coated the models: 3 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6187931 Share on other sites More sharing options...
andes Posted September 20 Share Posted September 20 Finished my Plodding Along vow: Spoiler 2 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6188162 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord_Ikka Posted September 20 Share Posted September 20 Getting close to finishing off my vow of a libbie and Berehk count-as, so going to vow some more Plodding along characters (also want to get these guys painted up before a local league starts in Oct) - I, Lord_Ikka, vow to paint for the month of September the following: 1 Master of Possessions, 1 Sorcerer, 1 Terminator Lord, 1 Chaos Lord (All Word Bearers). 2 5 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6188173 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Christopher Posted September 21 Share Posted September 21 I, Brother Christopher, continue the 12 Months of Hobby Challenge, and for the month of September pledge to complete 1 St. Celestine by month's end. 3 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6188380 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Argent Posted September 24 Share Posted September 24 Well for once I am happy with a mini and how long it took to paint. One Parasite of Mortex. Only issue I have is the base is glossy for some reason. Not sure why but, eh. I even love the fluff on this guy so I am a happy camper. Now to get the Chaplain done. And now there is an Ork event. its like all my cards are finally falling into place. Look out, ere comes Orktober... 3 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6188886 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord_Ikka Posted September 25 Share Posted September 25 More of the vow done, 1 Berehk count-as and 1 Librarian. Next up, Word Bearers characters! 4 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6189051 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Heraclite Posted September 26 Share Posted September 26 I did the freebie infernus marine for my wife today 2 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6189213 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkia the Bloody Posted September 27 Share Posted September 27 On 9/26/2026 at 5:14 PM, Heraclite said: I did the freebie infernus marine for my wife today What a great idea and very well executed! 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6189313 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Valkia the Bloody Posted September 27 Share Posted September 27 We had some beautiful weather the past few days, so I spend the days enjoying the sun on my balcony while painting. I finished my "test-run" for my first Contrast Paints with a menagerie of Tzeentchian tutelary pets for the Thousand Sons sorcerer of my Warband. I am still not convinced that contrast paints have a place in any of my current 40k armies, but I admit that using them will enable you to put a painted army on the table fast. 3 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6189314 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Bouargh Posted September 28 Share Posted September 28 I have completed the Fragdrill, the last miniature pledged for Sept. (part of Plodding along too) Spoiler I can tell that I am fed up with gantries and platforms now. Over the course of the past 4 years I have painted many of these and I can now state openly that I hate it. Anyway, these 2 storeys were my last, and frankly, seen the amount of scenery I own and the ever reducing available storage space I have, it is likely I will not invest in scenery anymore (at least items of scenery that big)... So this pledge of not buying nor modelling anymore big scenery parts is not necessarily going to be too complicated to comply with (never say never though). That's it for Sept. I am already working on the preps for the models to be painted in Oct: - Power generator, 100% plasticard and bitz made - I cut the first pieces of cardboard yesterday evening - Malestrain alpha (probably, unless another Dramatis Personnae from Malestrain gangs takes the lead in the coming days) - resins flashes cleaning on progress sincce yesterday too 1 2 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6189399 Share on other sites More sharing options...
gaurdian31 Posted September 28 Share Posted September 28 September vow is completed: Spoiler 3 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6189462 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Grotsmasha Posted September 29 Author Share Posted September 29 October is unlocked 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6189587 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Argent Posted September 30 Share Posted September 30 And Chaplain Outrider complete: I love Chaplains. And Bikes. So this guy was always going to be a winner. As per the usual not 100% happy but he looks sweet from a distance and will lead my Outrider detatchment well... I hope... 2 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6189820 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Cleon Posted September 30 Share Posted September 30 Well I got some models done - 3 basic servitors. Just did not have any drive or enthusiasm this month. 3 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6189947 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord_Ikka Posted October 1 Share Posted October 1 Unfortunately I won't be able to finish the WB characters - Lord, Lord in Terminator Armor, Master of Possession, and Sorcerer, in time. They will go onto October's vow So this month I was able to finish - 1 SM Librarian, 1 Berehk count-as, 1 Chaos Lord in Terminator Armor, 1 Master of Executions, 1 Warpsmith (all previously pictured). 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6189983 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jolemai Posted Saturday at 12:49 PM Share Posted Saturday at 12:49 PM (edited) September Complete Chaplain complete Techmarine complete DC complete Tank Commander complete Bits complete Spoiler Edited Saturday at 12:52 PM by Jolemai 2 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387202-september/page/2/#findComment-6190316 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts