Marshal Reinhard Posted December 9, 2025 Share Posted December 9, 2025 this is very much a pic or it didn't happen sort of deal. It could turn out to be true. But we have no real reason to believe this over anything else before then. 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6146146 Share on other sites More sharing options...
ThaneOfTas Posted December 9, 2025 Share Posted December 9, 2025 Yeah look I fully believe that we are getting a new intercessor kit with 11th. This particular rumour holds no weight however. On the subject of loadouts. I'm fully in favour of giving them access to the tactical squad upgrades, but see no reason why they couldn't have two unit special rules conditional on if they're equipped with only bolt rifles or with special/heavy weapons. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6146167 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Wispy Posted December 10, 2025 Share Posted December 10, 2025 I don't believe it because I think they'll want to do a successor of the Tactical Marine kit. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6146426 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Indy Techwisp Posted December 10, 2025 Share Posted December 10, 2025 We're still waiting on that picture, right? Kinda hard to believe the amount of info provided if the supposed proof picture doesn't exist. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6146427 Share on other sites More sharing options...
IronHandsPraetor_Rumors Posted February 9 Author Share Posted February 9 Okay, so I asked a friend of mine who has a reddit account to repost the image over onto his page so I could get a working URL so I can post the image over here. Looks like the rumor was off by a year, but the Tactical Intercessor squad (since it's not coming out on the 10th anniversary) is looking more and more likely. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6155832 Share on other sites More sharing options...
LittlePlasticHomies Posted February 11 Share Posted February 11 By “source is secretive” I assume we mean “I’m making up a predictable outcome for attention while cobbling together the least inspiring validation photo ever.” 1 2 1 4 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6156363 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Orange Knight Posted February 11 Share Posted February 11 Well, we kinda know this is happening as the new Intrcessors are going to be in the 11th starter set. But they aren't specifically a 10th anniversary kit, just an expected refresh. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6156401 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karhedron Posted February 11 Share Posted February 11 The interesting question is whether the existing MPK gets replaced. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6156402 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Orange Knight Posted February 11 Share Posted February 11 27 minutes ago, Karhedron said: The interesting question is whether the existing MPK gets replaced. I imagine one of two things will happen. The kit in the starter set may well replace the MPK box. It would then become a similar deal to the Infernus squad that is sold seperately but is identical to the one in the starter box. There will be a new MPK box, and it might have extra weapon options from what is in the starter set. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6156405 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Magos Takatus Posted February 11 Share Posted February 11 On 12/9/2025 at 12:12 PM, Orange Knight said: Problem is, this doesn't sound fun to roll for in a game. I have 6 guys, and I need to make 4 sets of rolls for the basic shooting attacks which nets me a few kills on light infantry models at best? Tell that to my poor Skitarii. They used to be able to field up to three of their special weapons, now you have no choice, you can only have one of each. They decided to simplify things by making every squad take longer to resolve it's shooting. 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6156409 Share on other sites More sharing options...
ChapterMasterGodfrey Posted February 11 Share Posted February 11 1 hour ago, Orange Knight said: The kit in the starter set may well replace the MPK box. It would then become a similar deal to the Infernus squad that is sold seperately but is identical to the one in the starter box. There will be a new MPK box, and it might have extra weapon options from what is in the starter set. Both will happen. The push-fit ETB Intercessors in the launch box will replace the Infernus Marines in all the "get into the hobby" boxes, as the Infernus Marines replaced the Assualt Intercessors who replaced the OG Intercessors. Simultaneously, very quickly in the launch wave, we'll get MPK for these new Intercessors and it's there we shall pray for at least complete Sergeant options - including combi weapons for him. Holy Emperor please let intercessors just work like HH Tacticals. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6156423 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Robbienw Posted February 11 Share Posted February 11 4 hours ago, Karhedron said: The interesting question is whether the existing MPK gets replaced. Let’s hope so. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6156464 Share on other sites More sharing options...
grailkeeper Posted February 11 Share Posted February 11 So we're getting new space marines that look like space marines? 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6156467 Share on other sites More sharing options...
IronHandsPraetor_Rumors Posted February 11 Author Share Posted February 11 16 hours ago, LittlePlasticHomies said: By “source is secretive” I assume we mean “I’m making up a predictable outcome for attention while cobbling together the least inspiring validation photo ever.” I can respect being skeptical about the rumors, I'm basically a nobody over here. But there's no need to be a dick over my crappy editing. I'm just trying my best to put to picture what the rumors said with the limited tools I have. The rumor guy predicted updated Victrix Guard a month or so before they were taken off of store selves... albeit they predicted that they would have shields as an option but being almost correct is good enough. 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6156493 Share on other sites More sharing options...
HeadlessCross Posted February 11 Share Posted February 11 6 hours ago, Magos Takatus said: Tell that to my poor Skitarii. They used to be able to field up to three of their special weapons, now you have no choice, you can only have one of each. They decided to simplify things by making every squad take longer to resolve it's shooting. Legit stopped attempting to make an army of Skitarii after this happened. Was proxying them a lot and eventually collected 50 total dudes (wanted to get up to 60) all to be told that my Rangers having three Arques was illegal. 1 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6156499 Share on other sites More sharing options...
IronHandsPraetor_Rumors Posted May 5 Author Share Posted May 5 Alright, I was wrong. Sorry for letting you all on for these past couple of months but I believe this rumor is as good as dead. I'll try and come back and find some better ones but until then, sorry for the nothing burger. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6169651 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sgt.Sangha Posted May 5 Share Posted May 5 I dont think anyone even remembers this rumour to be fair 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6169654 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Flaherty Posted May 5 Share Posted May 5 I wonder if the existing Intercessor SKU will continue to be available for purchase? Perhaps rebranded as "Initiate Intercessors" or something to explain why they have uniform armor. I like the current design quite a bit. It has aged incredibly well. The new one is a fine addition, but I like having the option to have a fully uniform squad. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6169692 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Karhedron Posted May 5 Share Posted May 5 11 minutes ago, Flaherty said: I wonder if the existing Intercessor SKU will continue to be available for purchase? Perhaps rebranded as "Initiate Intercessors" or something to explain why they have uniform armor. I like the current design quite a bit. It has aged incredibly well. The new one is a fine addition, but I like having the option to have a fully uniform squad. That is a good question but not one we can answer at the moment. The old Intercessor kit is very good but has some issues that could be addressed. Lots of bits to represent the variant bolt rifles that were consolidated in 10th edition. These waste space on the sprue. No melee weapons for the Sergeant. Currently these need to be found on Chapter upgrade sprues or purloined from the Assault Intercessors. Some unnecessary fiddly parts like separate greaves. These have been replaced with solid 1-piece legs on more recent kits like Assault Intercessors. In an ideal world, we would get a new Intercessor kit that fixes the problems listed above. Get rid of the spare parts like 3 flavours of magazine and the separate greaves. Then use the space to add in melee weapons for the Sergeant and some extra parts to represent pieces of older armour marks which can be optional allowing modellers to represent either newly minted Greyshields or established Marines who have crossed the Rubicon. However, this is just wishlisting on my part and we don't know what GW are actually planning to do. 1 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6169700 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Orange Knight Posted May 5 Share Posted May 5 The following kits could be re-done now that they've consolidated weapon types (We already know Intercessors are getting a new release): Heavy Intercessors Hellblasters Eradicators In the case of Eradicators, we know they are getting a new weapon option and I imagine they might actually update their kit next. They could release one which has the parts to build 3x Melta + 1 Multi Melta or 3x Heavy Bolter + Heavy Weapon? I wonder if the Heavy Bolter variant will have an additional Heavy weapon option. I can imagine a Grav Cannon for 1 in 3 models - the profile is similar but better. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6169743 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Crimson Longinus Posted May 5 Share Posted May 5 If they redo kits hellblasters and infernus could be consolidated into the same kit. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6169745 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Orange Knight Posted May 5 Share Posted May 5 1 minute ago, Crimson Longinus said: If they redo kits hellblasters and infernus could be consolidated into the same kit. Yeah, but they are wildly different units so it would be a bit strange. If anything I can see GW cutting corners instead, and releasing a Hellblaster ETB style kit that saves on te number of Sprues whilst keeping the price the same or higher. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6169746 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Tyler Posted May 5 Share Posted May 5 12 hours ago, IronHandsPraetor_Rumors said: Alright, I was wrong. Sorry for letting you all on for these past couple of months but I believe this rumor is as good as dead. I'll try and come back and find some better ones but until then, sorry for the nothing burger. So there is nothing more to discuss here. Speculation about what might come up in the future, or discussion of individuals' preferences, should be taken up in the + ADEPTUS ASTARTES + forum. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387217-10th-anniversary-intercessor-squad-new-options-helmets-torsos-and-more/page/5/#findComment-6169751 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts