Helbrechts_Sword_Servitor Posted March 6 Share Posted March 6 Due to time constraints (7 month old baby, big workload at new job) I've started playing simpler and faster games instead of 10th Ed. 40k. After playing a couple of "One Page Rules - Grimdark Future" games, I can say that Primaris Marines feel better in that ruleset than in current 40k. The army is way more elite, and special units like Bladeguard Veterans and Terminators can tank a lot of damage. I don't know if anyone else is tired of the heavy ruleset 40k has become, but if you do, give OPR a try. 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387651-playing-primaris-marines-in-one-page-rules/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Adeptekon Posted August 5 Share Posted August 5 Entirely reasonable route to go. Where I work there is some interest in 40k, but no experience let alone materials with any of them and with our time constraints as well 40k is just not accessible. I may be able to get people to pick up some minis, but that's about it so I have thought about opr. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387651-playing-primaris-marines-in-one-page-rules/#findComment-6181707 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rowland Posted August 20 Share Posted August 20 My mate and I still struggle remembering all the stratagems and even some of the wound types (like mortal wounds which I understand aren’t even a thing unless your victim is effected by them). GW’s rules are very crunchy. I looked at OPR when I was starting out and at that time the rules seemed just as complicated. However, I understand the simple game mechanics of 40k now and having re-viewed OPR it really does seem simple, even the army building now makes sense. Having only one year into 40k and seeing the transfer from one edition to another I’m concerned about the en:cuss:ification of 40k. The app, lack of paper support, price rises (apparently), the removal of old Combat Patrols. I was able to create 2 1000point armies using my BA Sanguinary Spearhead and my Ork Godrangs Gitstompas models. I shall report back once we have played. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387651-playing-primaris-marines-in-one-page-rules/#findComment-6183216 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lathe Biosas Posted August 20 Share Posted August 20 If you ever get really bored, I have a fun game for you.... Step 1. Take all the One Page Rules and then smush, shrink, and wedge them together so they actually fit on one page. Step 2. Attempt to play a battle. The first player to reach for bifocals, reading glasses, or squint while trying to read the microprint rules loses. Good Luck Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387651-playing-primaris-marines-in-one-page-rules/#findComment-6183223 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rowland Posted August 20 Share Posted August 20 1 hour ago, Lathe Biosas said: If you ever get really bored, I have a fun game for you.... Step 1. Take all the One Page Rules and then smush, shrink, and wedge them together so they actually fit on one page. Step 2. Attempt to play a battle. The first player to reach for bifocals, reading glasses, or squint while trying to read the microprint rules loses. Good Luck That’s pretty unfair. The latest rules 3.5.1 all seem to be on one sheet of A4. How to play on one side and keywords on the other. Atm we have to refer to the GW rulebook. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387651-playing-primaris-marines-in-one-page-rules/#findComment-6183234 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lathe Biosas Posted August 20 Share Posted August 20 Odd. Here, it took 11 printed pages. The full rulebook is even longer. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387651-playing-primaris-marines-in-one-page-rules/#findComment-6183249 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rowland Posted August 20 Share Posted August 20 There is a descriptive “rulebook” for people new to wargames. It’s called the beginners guide. The core rules Here are just one sheet (two pages LOL). Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387651-playing-primaris-marines-in-one-page-rules/#findComment-6183258 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Rowland Posted August 21 Share Posted August 21 Army building using Army Forge is a dream once you’ve got your head around using all the army books. I’ve replicated my Combat Patrols and those currently defunct into 1000 point armies. So army books, for example the current ‘Ardmob can be replicated by using the Orc Marauders army book. You then notice Gretchin aren’t there so you add the Goblin reclaimers book and use a shooter mob. You can rename the units to GW names. They don’t have the same buffs, gretcin have a regeneration buff in 40k but there are buffs in OPR that add flavour. These come at points costs. That’s also a fun part. For 15 points I gave my Gretchin “ramshackle crew” which means they must charge the nearest enemy if in range, but get +1 to hit. Points are great in OPR. I haven’t played yet so I can’t corroborate the values but if you build a 1000 point arm and your units are 165 points short there are lots of wepon upgrades, unit effecting aura type upgrades (courage aura gives +1 to morale rolls for 10 points) I’m particularly pleased that you can print your armies lists and all the keywords out for playing without relying on apps. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387651-playing-primaris-marines-in-one-page-rules/#findComment-6183338 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Adeptekon Posted August 22 Share Posted August 22 Yeah the one page rules is the very basic ruleset, the 15 page extended rules should be called 15 page rules. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387651-playing-primaris-marines-in-one-page-rules/#findComment-6183467 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now