Blissful Brushes Posted March 16 Share Posted March 16 Well I will be getting one of these. This is how they should have looked like in the first place rather than whatever the hell the original plastics were which seemed to have the misfortune to be in the middle of that comical design era that brought us the plastic guilliman. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161104 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Robbienw Posted March 16 Share Posted March 16 I think i'll probably wait for separate releases to just get the vehicles and possibly the new Venetari. Still not convinced by the new Custodes infanty models, prefer the look of the current ones, but will reserve final judgement until i've seen them in person. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161105 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Teetengee Posted March 16 Share Posted March 16 Really want to see a video of the paint handle in use, because it *looks* terrible, but I wonder if there's some trick to it that isn't going to just stress the plastic to snapping in a few months. 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161106 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Orange Knight Posted March 16 Share Posted March 16 (edited) Issue I have with this release: We don't know what's happening with 40k Custodes, and I have no interest in the 30k game. I've made an effort to enjoy it and that has no paid off for me personally. In addition to this, my local scene lacks interest in 30k and this has also contributed to my pivot into 40k with my existing Heresy models. We could wake up tomorrow to find that the 30k Tanks and Dreads are no longer usable in 40k Custodes lists, and suddenly we'll have an odd range of infantry models that don't seem correctly proportioned with each other. I will not be investing in these models at this time, if ever. Edited March 16 by W.A.Rorie Removed political comment 1 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161122 Share on other sites More sharing options...
MARK0SIAN Posted March 16 Share Posted March 16 I’ll be getting a box for sure, though I am a bit disappointed at the price. Just seems wildly out of line with other HH battleforces. Do we know if the infantry kit is a dual kit for swords and spears or is it two separate kits? The wording in this article seems to indicate they’re two different kits but I’m hoping they can all be built with spears or vice versa. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161127 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Doobles57 Posted March 16 Share Posted March 16 9 minutes ago, MARK0SIAN said: I’ll be getting a box for sure, though I am a bit disappointed at the price. Just seems wildly out of line with other HH battleforces. Do we know if the infantry kit is a dual kit for swords and spears or is it two separate kits? The wording in this article seems to indicate they’re two different kits but I’m hoping they can all be built with spears or vice versa. I think it'll be one of these where the bodies are on one sprue and the weapons on another. So you'll get two lots of bodies and one lot of each weapon option. That's what I'm taking from the wording anyway. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161134 Share on other sites More sharing options...
LSM Posted March 16 Share Posted March 16 (edited) 7 hours ago, Mogger351 said: Well they should finally address directly or otherwise, what is up with 40k custodes as well. 1 hour ago, Orange Knight said: ...We don't know what's happening with 40k Custodes... Agree that some clarity would be nice; and the reveal stream's "you can use the models in 40k" did seem more like "to stand in for equivalent existing 40k models" and not "everything's getting a new datasheet!" My gut feeling would be that the Contemptor(s) and gravtank will stay 30k/Legends. Has anyone tried asking WarCom's social media about it? (Not that they'd be able to say definitively, but if pestered they can pass that up and get someone who does know to authorise some info.) Edited March 16 by LSM Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161147 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Evil Eye Posted March 16 Share Posted March 16 5 hours ago, Orange Knight said: We could wake up tomorrow to find that the 30k Tanks and Dreads are no longer usable in 40k Custodes lists They have rules at present, don't they? If your group wants to use them, just use them; not like GW putting them in Legends is going to make the models disintegrate if you try and play with them. The shift of 40K into a "live service" game was a mistake, but it only affects you if you let it. 2 13 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161229 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Casual Heresy Posted March 17 Share Posted March 17 I will be disappointed if the 30k stuff is removed with the coming update GW have alluded to, but I will not be surprised. I personally will not be overly affected as Anything that is dropped will simply be used in 30k as I expand my 40k army into the game system as well. But at the end of the day it is the lovely new sculpts and plastic versions of resin vehicles I've always wanted but never had the coin and resin building skills to justify that I'm really excited for. The new infantry sculpts are a vast improvement over the current ones. I really prefer the shift to a design closer to the collected visions artwork over 'Marine Power Armour + 1'. Based on the pics it does appear the Custodian and Sentinel Guards will shares bodies with separate weapon sprues , which is slightly disappointing as I was hoping for bespoke sprues, and therefore an even greater variety of bare heads. Will just have to settle for the 12 I guess. I love the new Shield-Captain as well and hope her particular loadout will be ported to 40k as well. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161353 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord Marshal Posted March 17 Author Share Posted March 17 (edited) So begin the preview articles, beginning with "why all you Marine players should definitely buy them to be allies, come on you know you want to." Edited March 17 by Lord Marshal 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161374 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Irate Khornate Posted March 17 Share Posted March 17 So they decided to price it like a 40K box instead of a 30k box. That's too expensive for my blood. As for everyone else, don't buy it if you're wanting it strictly for 40k. They rug pulled us once with 30k models and will likely do so again. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161386 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mogger351 Posted March 17 Share Posted March 17 (edited) 1 hour ago, Irate Khornate said: So they decided to price it like a 40K box instead of a 30k box. That's too expensive for my blood. As for everyone else, don't buy it if you're wanting it strictly for 40k. They rug pulled us once with 30k models and will likely do so again. I'm not seeing how it isn't priced like a HH box? Editing to quantify: - 2 sets of 6 custodes at £47 each based on myrmidon price - shield captain £27 based on a shield captain - dread £40, generous guess based off the contemptor, likely more - tank £58 based off a land raider as a guess Total: £219 (likely a bit lower than reality) Discount: 25% Is that not standard for HH battleforces? Edited March 17 by Mogger351 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161393 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Irate Khornate Posted March 17 Share Posted March 17 (edited) 1 hour ago, Mogger351 said: snip I don't deal in pounds, so I'm not used to that pricing. That may be the typical for y'all. Most boxes I've gotten have been at a 40% discount at least. Admittedly I am space Marines and don't pay much attention to admech. But, that's not my primary point. That's on me for posting that bit first. Primary point is expect the rug pool for those who want to purchase this for 40K. That way you won't be disappointed when it happens and pleasantly surprised if it doesn't. Edited March 17 by Irate Khornate Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161398 Share on other sites More sharing options...
MARK0SIAN Posted March 17 Share Posted March 17 Stone’s Aegis sounds like it might be a good one but World Serpents bane seems a bit of a miss to me. You’re sacrificing 3 additional attacks (4 if you charged) for a single attack with a max of 3 damage. Doesn’t seem worth it. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161399 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jukkiz Posted March 17 Share Posted March 17 3 minutes ago, MARK0SIAN said: Stone’s Aegis sounds like it might be a good one but World Serpents bane seems a bit of a miss to me. You’re sacrificing 3 additional attacks (4 if you charged) for a single attack with a max of 3 damage. Doesn’t seem worth it. Hasn´t been "quantity over quality" for couple editions now? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161400 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Trokair Posted March 17 Share Posted March 17 5 hours ago, Lord Marshal said: I might be being dense, but what does this actually say. The first part (the +1T) is clear, but the way that the second bit is worded has me confused. Is it saying that the model can never be wounded on 1 or 2, even with an incoming attack from a weapon that is sufficiently higher strength to normally wound on 2s. If so then the ‘but’ in the rule text (both in bold and in the long form) is confusing as to me it reads you get +1T but there is a drawback, and not being wounded on a 2 is a positive when being faced by high strength weapons. Or is it saying that when this model makes attacks it always fails to wound the enemy on 1 and 2. This feels more like a drawback (if minor) so I do think it is this one but the wording still has me confused. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161406 Share on other sites More sharing options...
MARK0SIAN Posted March 17 Share Posted March 17 1 hour ago, Trokair said: I might be being dense, but what does this actually say. The first part (the +1T) is clear, but the way that the second bit is worded has me confused. Is it saying that the model can never be wounded on 1 or 2, even with an incoming attack from a weapon that is sufficiently higher strength to normally wound on 2s. If so then the ‘but’ in the rule text (both in bold and in the long form) is confusing as to me it reads you get +1T but there is a drawback, and not being wounded on a 2 is a positive when being faced by high strength weapons. Or is it saying that when this model makes attacks it always fails to wound the enemy on 1 and 2. This feels more like a drawback (if minor) so I do think it is this one but the wording still has me confused. Yeah it’s badly worded but I’m sure it’s the latter case. The use of the word ‘but’ is what convinced me it’s meant to be a downside but I also had the same confusion as you when I first saw it. It might not be a major downside if you’re fighting other T5 stuff though. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161412 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Xenith Posted March 17 Share Posted March 17 1 hour ago, Trokair said: I might be being dense, but what does this actually say. The first part (the +1T) is clear, but the way that the second bit is worded has me confused. Is it saying that the model can never be wounded on 1 or 2, even with an incoming attack from a weapon that is sufficiently higher strength to normally wound on 2s. If so then the ‘but’ in the rule text (both in bold and in the long form) is confusing as to me it reads you get +1T but there is a drawback, and not being wounded on a 2 is a positive when being faced by high strength weapons. Or is it saying that when this model makes attacks it always fails to wound the enemy on 1 and 2. This feels more like a drawback (if minor) so I do think it is this one but the wording still has me confused. The second one. You get +1 toughness but a wound check (the model makes) always failed on a 1 or 2. This is just down to the weird language 3.0 uses. I love these models but £160 is too much. Thanks geopolitics! £120 id get it, but all I really want is the guard to add to my totally loyal alpha legion. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161413 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lathe Biosas Posted March 17 Share Posted March 17 Well, I added my name to the list. With what I have now, it 250 bucks for an almost 1000 point 40k army. Even if they change things around in the future, these custodes are still more beautiful than the old ones. I do wonder if I can convert/update my Blade Champion into one of these models. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161416 Share on other sites More sharing options...
calgar101 Posted March 17 Share Posted March 17 Love the tank, love the dread and love the Custodes troops! I'll get a box or 2 for my growing Custodes force. 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161418 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mogger351 Posted March 17 Share Posted March 17 43 minutes ago, Xenith said: The second one. You get +1 toughness but a wound check (the model makes) always failed on a 1 or 2. This is just down to the weird language 3.0 uses. I love these models but £160 is too much. Thanks geopolitics! £120 id get it, but all I really want is the guard to add to my totally loyal alpha legion. £120 would be damn near half price though in reality. They would need to take a unit out I think. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161421 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Xenith Posted March 18 Share Posted March 18 I dunno, the current combat patrol is like £100 and has 10 guardians, blade champion, and 3 terminators. Assuming the termies are the same price point as the dread, you're paying £60 for the tank. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161438 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mogger351 Posted March 18 Share Posted March 18 3 hours ago, Xenith said: I dunno, the current combat patrol is like £100 and has 10 guardians, blade champion, and 3 terminators. Assuming the termies are the same price point as the dread, you're paying £60 for the tank. Whilst a fair point I think that every unit that box is comprised of is going to be cheaper than the new ones. The terminators are already £2 cheaper than the stock contemptor, which in turn is likely going to be cheaper than the custodes dread. The rest of the prices are easily compared to the other HH 40mm base units in boxes of 6 at £47-£50 while the 5 man guard box is £40. People need to strap in for these being more expensive than their 40k counterparts. 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161447 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Lord Marshal Posted March 19 Author Share Posted March 19 (edited) Influencer paint jobs. Some of these are, well, god damn. Edited March 19 by Lord Marshal 2 1 7 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161651 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Zoatibix Posted March 19 Share Posted March 19 Dammit…those look pretty tempting…I am seriously considering trying to get two boxes. 1 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/387686-legio-custodes-battlegroup-pre-order-new-citadel-painting-handle/page/2/#findComment-6161654 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now