Lord Marshal Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 (edited) Also confirms June 6th pre-order with a 20th release for Armageddon. Edited May 31 by Lord Marshal Karhedron, Ming the Merciless, Loquille and 8 others 4 7 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Neil H Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 That's impressive!! Karhedron and DemonGSides 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173177 Share on other sites More sharing options...
No Foes Remain Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 Now THAT is a new edition trailer, and a real grim-dark one at that! DemonGSides, Lord Marshal, Tymell and 3 others 2 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173178 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Blindhamster Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 Well that is what I call a scene setting video. Very cool BadgersinHills, Lord Marshal, DemonGSides and 1 other 2 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173179 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Matcap86 Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 killer trailer, very well done. Lord Marshal 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173181 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Doghouse Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 "So much has been forgotten, never to be relearned..." Except all the shiny new stuff they pull out of the ether on a regular basis. I thought it was ok but the voice over was extremely try hard and very distracting. It does it's job for setting the stage for new players so there's that at least. phandaal, Hungry Nostraman Lizard, LSM and 12 others 1 1 4 9 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173182 Share on other sites More sharing options...
MoriyaSchism Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 I thought the trailer was alright. I liked the Eldar, Tyranid and Ad Mech scenes. The article accompanying the trailer was no fun, the tone of the "odds are it’s that guy, if you’re lucky" line felt like finger-wagging. Just let people use their imaginations. Tired of the "Errrm, there's a high statistical probability you'd get conscripted and you would die" stuff, I've heard it countless times. Antarius, LittlePlasticHomies, Mmmmm Napalm and 10 others 8 5 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173183 Share on other sites More sharing options...
nodnol88 Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 The reveal was lacking. Now we know what it was lacking! That was awesome. First animated appearance of Big E? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173184 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mendi Warrior Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 10 minutes ago, nodnol88 said: First animated appearance of Big E? Big E didn't looked very animated to me TheWarmaster, Crimson Longinus, firestorm40k and 17 others 1 19 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173185 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Vassakov Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 This is fantastic. Love it. Going to show it to my brother on a giant TV whilst gently nudging my pile of shame in his direction... RolandTHTG, skylerboodie, Tymell and 3 others 4 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173187 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Evil Eye Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 I thought it was pretty good- definitely better than the boxset reveal animation. Voicework was a little forced maybe, but not bad by any stretch, and I commend them for having the guts to actually use the "Forget the promise of progress and understanding" and "You will not be missed" lines (the latter in its original context)- they're certainly powerful lines and in this new, dark age, there is only an eternity of complaining and slander, and the whining of terminally-online Xitter users who may or may not actually have any interest in the franchise...wait, that's not how that line goes! Timberley, Filkarion, Iron Father Ferrum and 1 other 1 2 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173188 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Xirix Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 (edited) Cool trailer, narrator calling Terra Earth is a bit weird no? I thought it hasn't been called that for ages. Edited May 31 by Xirix Doghouse, Noctis, torcathmk2 and 1 other 4 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173189 Share on other sites More sharing options...
LSM Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 Visually very nice. The words are iconic, and I've imagined this very sort of thing a number of times for decades... ...which may be why the voice acting didn't work for me at all. The delivery choices - the tone, the cadence, what to emphasise - are not... what I think would have been best. (I assume they animated with a lack of concern for the delivery, and then forced the actor to trudge this out in time.) apologist 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173191 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Mechanicus Tech-Support Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 Liked the trailer Showing a Sister praying when thirsting gods was mentioned got a chuckle outta me firestorm40k 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173193 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Crimson Longinus Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 Very cool trailer, and I love there are no shiny heroes, but instead of proper grimdark. This is the right tone for 40K. Filkarion and Antarius 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173194 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Doghouse Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 59 minutes ago, MoriyaSchism said: I thought the trailer was alright. I liked the Eldar, Tyranid and Ad Mech scenes. The article accompanying the trailer was no fun, the tone of the "odds are it’s that guy, if you’re lucky" line felt like finger-wagging. Just let people use their imaginations. Tired of the "Errrm, there's a high statistical probability you'd get conscripted and you would die" stuff, I've heard it countless times. I'm pretty sure that Eldar scene is based on this second edition codex image. mel_danes, Marshal Mittens, ThaneOfTas and 34 others 5 9 23 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173195 Share on other sites More sharing options...
firestorm40k Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 20 minutes ago, Doghouse said: I'm pretty sure that Eldar scene is based on this second edition codex image. Absolutely that’s what they were referencing I must confess I made a nerdy ‘squee’ of joy at this particular shot Ming the Merciless, apologist and TheArtilleryman 1 2 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173196 Share on other sites More sharing options...
calgar101 Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 I have to say I enjoyed that trailer very much, and it's hyping for me 11th, I've not been bothered by the last 3 new launches so well done GW Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173197 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Nephaston Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 2 hours ago, Doghouse said: "So much has been forgotten, never to be relearned..." Except all the shiny new stuff they pull out of the ether on a regular basis. Well, most of that shiny new stuff that is pulled out of the ether is biggerer guns and other tools of war and anything other than that will be made to serve the perpetuation of war. Also that line can be applied to concepts like compassion and empathy and all that weak stuff that gets in the way of skinning eldar orphans to turn into garrotes to strangle tau diplomats with. CastellanDeMolay, Ramell, TheArtilleryman and 3 others 6 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173208 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Borbarad Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 1 hour ago, Doghouse said: I'm pretty sure that Eldar scene is based on this second edition codex image. Just came to post that! Magos Takatus and Doghouse 1 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173210 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Jscarlos18 Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 Don't know if anybody else noticed, but Gork/Mork and the Hive Mind appear after the Chaos Gods. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173212 Share on other sites More sharing options...
de Selby Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 Interesting to hear the little changes. "Master of mankind by the will of the gods" has been retconned (or has it...) and I think they changed "to be a man in such times..." as well? Can't quite hear it. Anyway this is a better trailer than the shorter, all-Armageddon version. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173220 Share on other sites More sharing options...
phandaal Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 38 minutes ago, de Selby said: Interesting to hear the little changes. "Master of mankind by the will of the gods" has been retconned (or has it...) and I think they changed "to be a man in such times..." as well? Can't quite hear it. Anyway this is a better trailer than the shorter, all-Armageddon version. Yes, it says "Master of Mankind in the war between gods" and "to be alive in such times." You can see it with captions enabled. de Selby 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173221 Share on other sites More sharing options...
grailkeeper Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 Makes me wonder, Whats the in Universe status of the famous 40k opening lines? I know they're attributed to Vulkan. Are they widely known in the Imperium? Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173223 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Orange Knight Posted May 31 Share Posted May 31 (edited) That trailer was incredible. The Golden Throne was amazing to see. Also At 3:25 if you pause... the Emperor is staring at you directly. Just awesome: It was also very cool that when he was shown on the throne, his image kept flicking between the rotting body and his image as the Golden protector. There were some fantastic shots of the Warp travel for the Battleships, the Titan on the snow world and the Chaos Marine ambush in the trenches. Edited June 1 by Orange Knight Lork, Loquille and calgar101 3 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388010-no-peace-amongst-the-stars-cinematic-trailer/#findComment-6173225 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts