Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

[New game] announced by Games Workshop. Warhammer 40,000: Tacticus will be available in stores across the US and at later dates in Germany and Australia.

Funniest part of this is the fact that they could re-release space marine heroes sets to make easy sells, but rather lock them to region specific mini sets. 

HMyaE84WkAA3wfq.jpg

 

https://www.warhammer-community.com/en-gb/articles/mnlml6ai/board-games-coming-to-america-germany-and-australia/

Edited by Brother Tyler
Non-WH40K setting content removed, Warhammer Community article link added
Posted (edited)

Nice. Unfortunately the 40k one seems to be another uninspired one time throw away product. The text suggests that you are stuck with those minis from the box. Imagine if they would let you expand the roster with other minis and further support for other factions...

 

One day they will release another space crusade with enough depth to hook us again. A man can dream :rolleyes:

Edited by Brother Tyler
Non-WH40K setting content removed
Posted (edited)

The tacticus game at least has the most interesting models from the Kill Team starter set, along with the Sternguard Sgt from Strike Force Variel to give it some appeal, just a shame that once again, these are locked to specific regions.

Edited by Brother Tyler
Non-WH40K setting content removed

This is awesome, in theory, but I imagine it will be underwhelming in reality.

 

I played the Space Marine Adventures boxed games with my son when he was younger and it was a great entry into the universe. Not rich, but it was fine for an eight-year-old.

 

The Dawn of War: Onslaught game was horrible, overly complex, but still ultimately deterministic.

 

A fun, 5-model game that can be played in 20 minutes would be an outstanding addition the lineup. I'd even tolerate a blind-box distribution to the lineup. Whatever gets us a Warhammer Underworlds: 40K style game.

  • 2 months later...

I’m actually pretty curious about this one, although the regional release stuff is a bit annoying. With Warhammer games I always find the first question is whether the actual gameplay is good enough to justify getting into another set of miniatures and expansions. That’s why I like when a new game gives people an easy way to try the experience before committing to it. I was reading about different ways games handle this kind of low entry point and came across the 15 euro no deposit offers here: https://online-casinosbe.com/fr/sans-depot/ which got me thinking about how much easier it is to test something when the initial barrier is small. For Tacticus, I’m mainly hoping Games Workshop makes the core set easy enough to get hold of, because locking parts of the experience behind regional releases is going to make collecting it a lot less appealing.

Edited by Brian_Sisk

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.