Jump to content

Recommended Posts

21 hours ago, Karhedron said:

 

I don't know about Long Fangs. Devastators are gone (not even a Legends entry) and Wolves have access to the various Primaris fire support units that have succeded them (Hellblasters, Eradicators, Desolators etc).

 

I would love to see Bjorn upgraded to a Redemptor chassis with a Macro Hellfrost cannon but we shall have to wait and see.

 

I would love to see Russ come back, both from a model and lore point of view. GW knocked the Lion out of the park in both model and rules terms so I will keep my fingers crossed. Having said that, I don't think that we will see Russ anytime soon. Logan came on a Primarch-sized base and has a tactical rock so large he stands right up there with Guilliman and the Lion. I think that he is our Primarch-equivalent for the foreseeable future. 

 

image.thumb.png.975532d842ea617607ef3cbb38e02285.png

 

I think those are solid arguments against having long fangs... but the same logic was ignored for grey hunters, blood claws, and wolf scouts. If they do make them, I think they wouldn't resemble devastators. A gravis unit with hellfrost weapons has been a fairly common suggestion. We were spoiled with our refresh so I'm not going complain if we don't get much for a while.

 

I know there are rumors of a new venerable dread kit, so I think that would probably be basis for Bjorn, but 40k has always been a little weird with scale so I think just making the model bigger work.

 

For Russ I've seen a lot of suggestions (old man Russ, Wulfen Russ, two model kit (Werewolf Russ), old man Russ on a chariot, and pysker Russ off of the top my head) some of those ideals I like, and some not so much. I tend to think they'd play it somewhat safe to get the largest audience, and I feel like the lion and the G-man feel really similar to play against. I find the ideal of larger Bjorn with more wounds being a more interesting comparison to those two.

 

 

4 hours ago, Karhedron said:

 

Was there ever a generic Rune Priest in PA model? The only one I can remember (apart from Njal) is the TDA version.

 

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQfdTgihDrw7J9d-Y1UkV1

 

There was one in power armor with an axe and plasma pistol, I couldn't find a picture of mine (I had a metal one, before I went to full primaris). If you have the 7th edition codex, he is on page 52.

 

edit: I did want to add that have a generic character to add to our termies would be a big deal, so while there was a PA version, I wouldn't mind one in TDA.

Edited by Jorin Helm-splitter
3 hours ago, Jorin Helm-splitter said:

There was one in power armor with an axe and plasma pistol, I couldn't find a picture of mine (I had a metal one, before I went to full primaris). If you have the 7th edition codex, he is on page 52.

 

Of course! As soon as you described him I remembered. I modified mine slightly into a Wolf Lord which is why I forgot about him. In my head is isn't a RP but of course in real life he is.

 

image.png.e6a74ad4c0faf140be8abd3f0cef9a9f.png

Okay so as someone who has played White Scars through 2 editions, read everything I can find on them..... I want to take a stab at this.

 

Now granted some of this is wish list stuff because I REALLY like this chapter. They went from something when "Fat Bloke" brought to the forefront of mediocrity to now having a really good background to them (thanks largely to some amazing GW authors during the HH series!)

 

Primarily they need:

- A proper, mobile command squad. Here is the issue; Dark Angels have it all. There's no reason that White Scars can't have a moblie, 3 man command 'Sprue" to go with an outrider kit. A super easy win for GW and fans: 40-50 dollar box sprue for Outriders.

 

- Another HQ. One more, be it named, or generic. But Ksoarro on his bike (everyone knows this should have happened by  now.) Or as someone mentioned get a generic HQ on that jetbike Suboden Khan has.

 

I know it's not much but it's a good army background wise. I don't think you need to go very far to make this work. Heck they could even have a modified version of the ATV.  This could mostly be solved by a biker sprue box.

 

I guess we'll find out soon enough what's happening with the other chapters any day now!

 

 

 

"No update for Ravenwing Black Knights, just buy the Dark Angels upgrade kit three times if you want a Ravenwing squad. We're also retiring the old kit just for kicks."

 

That's my prediction. It's either that or a Deathwing Knights style update which is pretty bad too. The Deathwing Knights terminator kit is really bad with its third party Grey Knight knockoff helmets and cricket bat swords. What's with some new Terminator kits not having the sensor part of the armour on the cowl? Just Sammael getting an update and the old kit remaining in service for a little longer would be the best case scenario in my opinion, just buying the new Outriders and the old Ravenwing command squad kit together would be preferable to buying a new stripped down Ravenwing that follows the pattern of previous Primaris "upgrades". 

Edited by MoriyaSchism
16 hours ago, MoriyaSchism said:

"No update for Ravenwing Black Knights, just buy the Dark Angels upgrade kit three times if you want a Ravenwing squad. We're also retiring the old kit just for kicks."

 

That's my prediction. It's either that or a Deathwing Knights style update which is pretty bad too. The Deathwing Knights terminator kit is really bad with its third party Grey Knight knockoff helmets and cricket bat swords. What's with some new Terminator kits not having the sensor part of the armour on the cowl? Just Sammael getting an update and the old kit remaining in service for a little longer would be the best case scenario in my opinion, just buying the new Outriders and the old Ravenwing command squad kit together would be preferable to buying a new stripped down Ravenwing that follows the pattern of previous Primaris "upgrades". 

 

I'm surprised the Firstborn Ravenwing Knights kit actually survived the old bike purge last edition so I wouldn't put money on it surviving this edition since they're the last Loyalist old bikes left now.

 

If they get a new kit, that would probably be your non-character kit for the edition since DA got a big refresh fairly recently.

Otherwise becoming an Upgrade Sprue unit like BA's DC is a possibility that can't be ignored.

On that note if GW do go down the route of Ravenwing Knights being an upgrade sprue unit it's possible that you could also get a Ravenwing Captain unit via the same method using the new kit.

Edited by Indy Techwisp
On 9/7/2026 at 1:49 PM, Indy Techwisp said:

 

I'm surprised the Firstborn Ravenwing Knights kit actually survived the old bike purge last edition so I wouldn't put money on it surviving this edition since they're the last Loyalist old bikes left now.

 

If they get a new kit, that would probably be your non-character kit for the edition since DA got a big refresh fairly recently.

Otherwise becoming an Upgrade Sprue unit like BA's DC is a possibility that can't be ignored.

On that note if GW do go down the route of Ravenwing Knights being an upgrade sprue unit it's possible that you could also get a Ravenwing Captain unit via the same method using the new kit.

DA got a Deathwing refresh.  I'd expect to see a new Sammael (as this is the Fast Attack Edition supposedly and they got Belial in the Elites Edition last time)  I'd expect some sort of upgrade sprue or box for Outriders and Ravenwing Command Squads (Though I more expect some sort of Support/Leader character on a bike to replace the command squad that I think only stuck around so they had another Leader that could attack to bikes - but there will be SOMETHING that attaches to bikes for Ravenwing (and potentially others) that isn't a Captain or Chaplain)

 

3 hours ago, Lathe Biosas said:

I'm just sad, that my favorite looking Ravenwing model: the Nephilim Jetfighter, is likely is going to Legends.

 

But it would be nice to have a new Sammael on a Jetbike or Landspeeder.

I doubt he'll be on a Landspeeder.  But I wouldn't be surprised at a new "modern" 30K Jetbike with Plasma Cannon. 

On 9/9/2026 at 6:42 PM, Tacitus said:

DA got a Deathwing refresh.  I'd expect to see a new Sammael (as this is the Fast Attack Edition supposedly and they got Belial in the Elites Edition last time)  I'd expect some sort of upgrade sprue or box for Outriders and Ravenwing Command Squads (Though I more expect some sort of Support/Leader character on a bike to replace the command squad that I think only stuck around so they had another Leader that could attack to bikes - but there will be SOMETHING that attaches to bikes for Ravenwing (and potentially others) that isn't a Captain or Chaplain)

 

 

Tbh expecting that you'll get another big refresh this edition because your last one only focused on one of your 3 subfactions is a very optimistic level of thinking.

 

You don't see many T'au players saying they're expecting their big Battlesuit wave this edition 'cause they just got the big Kroot refresh and are probably looking at just a single character release, if that.

I'm assuming/hoping the Grey Knights get a refresh. The Grey Knights range is so old that when it debuted, Skyrim and Minecraft were brand new games. We’ve had three console generations since then.

 

Heck, when those models came out in plastic, South Sudan wasn't even a country yet. Grey Knight players have models that are older than literal sovereign nations on Earth.

 

They have to do something for them... 

 

 

 

 

...after they give the Dark Angels a new Sammael model. :wink:

 

On 9/10/2026 at 11:28 AM, Indy Techwisp said:

 

Tbh expecting that you'll get another big refresh this edition because your last one only focused on one of your 3 subfactions is a very optimistic level of thinking.

 

You don't see many T'au players saying they're expecting their big Battlesuit wave this edition 'cause they just got the big Kroot refresh and are probably looking at just a single character release, if that.

I'm expecting another "big" refresh because this is supposedly the Fast Attack edition, not the Elite edition, and they have a Fast Attack Sub Faction still wrapped up in very old and otherwise discontinued model kits.  I expect this "big refresh" for GW business reasons not anything else.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.