Brother Lutheriel Posted September 4 Share Posted September 4 Does anyone have an opinion on the new Ork points? It seems like all the big stuff went way up. Like the Gork/Morkanaut and kill rig. My whole collection went up quite a bit total. I can’t see the rules anymore and my codex won’t arrive in the mail for another week, but the only change I’ve seen that I’m sure I don’t like is that I can’t attach a beastboss on squigosaur to a squighog boyz squad anymore. I don’t really understand that change. I love all the boyz updates to firepower, but man did it crush the way I had those squads setup already. It doesn’t feel like I’ve seen people talk about this. I had 6 squads of 20 boyz. They only had 1 rokkit, and 1 big shoota each. They only had 1 nob each. No flamethrowers. This is my first edition change and I didn’t realize how jacked up my current setup would become. The only change that is actually a problem is that the second nob isn’t optional. I can’t have 1 nob and 19 boyz. Lastly, I didn’t like the decision to group all of the killa kanz guns into one profile. I understand why they did it, but it feels lazy. Especially when in other places they are splitting profiles into more detail not less. Anyway, I’m not trying to be dramatic. Nothing is ruined and I’m happy with all our new models and lots of the new rules we’ve already seen. Just curious what you guys think about what you’ve seen. Sume 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388471-ork-points-increases-and-other-changes/ Share on other sites More sharing options...
Sume Posted September 10 Share Posted September 10 I am still fairly new to orks too. Been through edition changes since 3rd. No, I am still trying to compress the changes myself. I was really disappointed that the new detachements we got like Equatiral Hordes and Speed Waagh are gone. Along, the legends cut. As I was planning to take Nob Bikers to Las Vegas Open and even made some more harelquin bikers for them. Now overall. I sort of understand where GW is coming from. The new 1 point detachment system is going to be very powerful to amp certian units. What I dont get is the 20% issue price increase across the board. While Space Marines are getting similar changes, and in my opinion are going to come out far superior. I like that condensed profile on things. Along with combi weapons being broken down to type once more. I suspect the big point increase. Was an attempt to balance out Orks tell more factions get 11th codexes. I hope Space Marines increase in points but I only expect like 5 to 10 points per unit unlike the nearly 15 to 20 points plus orks got. As Space Marines tend to get power creeped more. Instead of being where we where as an index for points. Which after actually looking through the codex. I think example boys for 75 points, with the 3 weapons and shoota, slugga and choppa is reasonable. At 90 points. I dont think well see too many of them at that cost. Way to much for what should be a horde army. Starting out over costed, allows GW to slowly decrease points tell the find a balance. I expect this first month Orks will have a 70% win rate at tournaments which will prompt a point increase when they do there montly pass sadly. Brother Lutheriel 1 Back to top Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388471-ork-points-increases-and-other-changes/#findComment-6186172 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Brother Lutheriel Posted September 10 Author Share Posted September 10 You think that after the recent point increase that Orks will still have a huge win rate? I appreciate Orks getting stronger, and I might be alone in this, but I want to play them as a true horde army. Which is harder to do while they are so expensive on points. Link to comment https://bolterandchainsword.com/topic/388471-ork-points-increases-and-other-changes/#findComment-6186209 Share on other sites More sharing options...
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now